(Closed) June 2013 Babies- Part 9!!! (closed)

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 467
1474 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

View original reply
@MissChanandlerBong:  
View original reply
@saltybalty:  I’m anemic too. I take an iron supplement every other day, and I feel SO much better than I did! I didn’t realize what a difference it would make.

View original reply
@saltybalty:  We are also reading “The Thinking Woman’s Guide to a Better Birth” in our classes and its a really good companion to the Bradley books. You can pick and choose the chapters that interest you at random – the book doesn’t have to be read as a whole. The author does a really good job of explaining every single kind of birth scenario – epidurals, c-sections, the whole 9 yards.

Post # 468
394 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
@saltybalty:  
View original reply
@ellebeerob:  I’m curious to see if I notice a difference once I start taking the supplement. I honestly haven’t noticed any issues with my energy levels, especially compared to all my pregnant friends! I’m assuming it’s a pretty recent development though, since I’ve had to do blood tests every 4 or so weeks (they’re keeping an eye on my thyroid levels which have been slightly elevated the whole pregnancy but not high enough to worry about yet) and this is the first time they’ve commented on iron levels.

Post # 469
373 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
@MrsDW: 
View original reply
@MissChanandlerBong:  Thanks it just sucks, I’m normally pretty good at letting what people think of me just slide. But this is just so hard when its someone I have to spend the rest of my life around and I’ve done nothing wrong.

View original reply
@saltybalty:  I totally get that, I would never stop my DH from seeing his sister if he wants to and I would never keep my daughter away from her grandparents but things will defiantly be strained if this attitude of my SIL keeps up and nobody does anything about it. I hate that everybody just treats her like they are scared to say anything to her and that she is a princess!

Post # 471
373 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
@Sweethart:  Yah I read him the conservation he is being really sweet about it and keeps telling me to not let myself get to worked up over it. But dang I’m so angry, especially because I cant do anything about it shes so mad that the attention is on me and now I have to sit at a baby shower and have all the attention on me and get her more mad at me!

Post # 473
1577 posts
Bumble bee

Had my maternity photos taken today with my husband. I am SOO excited about them, because we have no good photos of us other than our wedding photos. I can’t wait to see the previews.

After the photo session, we finally got to do the last walkthrough of our house, and while we were there, we gott the call that the needed fixes to the appraisal were in, so now we just wait for it to get out of underwriting and we should be good to go to close on Thursday! *fingers crossed* We even got to meet our future next-door neighbors, a really nice older gentleman and his wife – they seem like the genuinely super-sweet type. They told us about how the neighborhood has improved a lot since they moved in 16 years ago, what the home owners association covers, etc. So nice!

Aaaand unrelated: I was never really anyone to be super annoyed by pregnancy questions, but it is actually starting to get annoying recently. I try to avoid eye contact with strangers in public now because it’s just getting old telling everyone “June 12th….girl….Luna…” @[email protected] I appreciate their friendliness, but it’s soooo repetitive now. A woman today working in a restaurant actually came to our table and asked me the typical questions and then actually asked “whose the father?” o____o ummm what? My husband was sitting right across from me, so I just pointed to him, but seriously I don’t even know her, if the father wasn’t there what was I supposed to say? How is that okay to ask someone?

View original reply
@mrskrumpet:  Wow that sucks that his SIL has been saying nasty things behind your back.. But awesome that your brother has been so sweet!

Post # 475
1577 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@Sweethart:  I’ll definitely share pics! πŸ™‚ And oh my gosh those “you must be due tomorrow” comments are driving me crazy! Especially when, after we tell them the due date, they are all surprised and say “No way, you are so huge already, it can’t get any bigger!” Geeeee thanks strangers. πŸ˜›

Post # 476
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

Ill get back to everyone later. Just had to update that rib pain seems to be gone with the 5 miles that we walked so far. New fun experience… Having to pee every 3 minutes that I’m walking or standing. I swear I could make a book of all the Chicago bathrooms. Little man needs to find a spot between my rib and bladder to get comfy. 

Dr called and my weekly appointments start in 2 weeks. Thankfully she’s giving me a break until the end of the month. πŸ™‚ sounds like it will be 2 hours total each visit. An ultrasound (to check amniotic fluid levels?), nonstress test and an appointment with her to discuss. 

Post # 477
1474 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@dreamocracy:  Yay! Two more sleeps and you’ll get to close! About the questions – I told DH I’m going to make a shirt that says ‘Boy. June. Not announcing his name. Yes we’re excited.’ lol… I’m SO sick of questions! I always pretend I’m extremely interested in reading something on my phone in elevators and in lines to avoid people asking. Thats hilarious that that lady asked who the father was! How weird!

Post # 478
1474 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@Sweethart:  

View original reply
@dreamocracy:  When people tell me I look like I’m about to pop they definitely get awkward silence and an evil stare. I like to think I’ve maybe trained at least a couple of people in what NOT to say to a pregnant woman. Now if I would only get the same courage with belly touchers!

Post # 479
1577 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@ellebeerob:  Hahaha good idea about that shirt πŸ˜›

Post # 480
254 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@Sweethart:  glad your appointment went well!

View original reply
@dreamocracy:  that’s exciting that you’ll be closing on your house soon! Definitely post some of your maternity photos once you get them.

We had two really good doctors’ appointments this morning. My placenta has completely moved out of the “danger zone”, so no risk of placenta previa anymore! It also means the end to my monthly ultrasounds. Our little boy is measuring exactly on target for being 33 weeks and some change and they estimated that he weighs 4 lbs 15 oz now! All of his organs and heartbeat, etc. are good. They printed out 2 photos for us, but he’s so big now that they only show his face partially. From these and the ones from the last appointment, we can make out some chubby cheeks and big, pouty lips. The ultrasound tech also claimed to see hair on his head and eyelashes already, but we couldn’t make any of that out.

My regular ob-gyn appointment was good, too. Low blood pressure, belly measuring on target and only gained 1 lb in the last two weeks. I also brought up my plan for having a natural birth with the doctor and she was completely open to the idea and said as long as the baby’s health wasn’t in jeopardy, I could labor any way I choose (walking around, standing, squatting, in bed, etc.). She also said she’d look over my birth plan with me at my next appointment. Our next appointment at 35 weeks will be our last 2 week one! They’ll be doing a strep-b culture at that one and checking my cervix, which said sometimes can give an indication of how soon you might actually be giving birth. After that, we’re on to weekly appointments! It feels like it’s all starting to happen very soon! I’m excited!

Post # 481
254 posts
Helper bee

Oh, we also found out that our baby’s head is positioned head down, which is good. I still have no idea if he’s dropped yet or not. I’m guessing not yet. I don’t really notice a difference in belly placement and have heard that usually you can tell.

The topic ‘June 2013 Babies- Part 9!!! (closed)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors