(Closed) June 2013 Babies- Part 9!!! (closed)

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 512
4354 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
@Sweethart:  Ugh I wish I knew! My shower is in 2 weeks and I really need to make an effort to find something. I have this really cute skirt I got when I was newly pregnant that I can’t wait to wear, I bought it knowing I would be super pregnant/newly delivered in the summer and it’s so nice and comfortable and flowy so I was thinking a nice black top of some sort to go with it.

http://www.motherhoodcanada.ca/Product.asp?Product_Id=951510062&MasterCategory_Id=MC7

Either that or a cute top to wear with jeans, or maybe a maxi dress? I’m not too sure about wearing a short dress because it’s still pretty cold here plus my legs are pale and not such a nice sight. So pretty much.. I have no clue either!!

Post # 513
4354 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
@ellebeerob:  That’s a super pretty dress!

Post # 514
2849 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

View original reply
@MrsSawyer:  Sorry to hear you aren’t feeling well. I hope you get better soon!

View original reply
@Sweethart:  I have several maternity dresses, but I’m having trouble deciding which one to wear. I feel like the most comfortable dress is the black short sleeved one, but I don’t know about wearing black to my baby shower. It seems like I should wear something colorful.

View original reply
@ellebeerob:  Very cute dress! I don’t have any maternity maxi dresses, but that could be a good idea, especially since my feet are starting to swell. 

Post # 516
1474 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

View original reply
@Sweethart:  I LOVE both of them! Dresses/skirts are the way to go these days… I’m not comfortable in anything else!

Post # 518
1577 posts
Bumble bee

All your outfits look adorable! I really wish they actually made maxi dresses that aren’t like a foot too long πŸ˜› I look terrible in long dresses/skirts even when they fit because I’m only 5′, haha. I have a tunic I can wear as a dress, and one non-maternity dress that is flowy enough for me to wear now, but that’s it in the dress/skirt department!

Post # 520
887 posts
Busy bee

Sounds like everybody is getting excited and finalizing preparations! I remember when I felt like we hadn’t done much of anything to get ready for the baby, now we’re at the “I think we still need an ear thermometer and a diaper sprayer…” stage, haha. 

I turned out not to have GD and at my last midwife appointment everything looked good. All my appointments are super fast and I leave kind of feeling like “did I really need to go …?” but obviously it’s better to have frequent, uneventful appointments than to miss something being wrong. 

The only thing that is (very slightly) worrying me is that the baby is still head-up. Is anyone else’s baby not in the head-down position yet? My midwife suggested the Spinning Babies website, and that I try some of the exercises described there. But she also said not to worry and that 97% of babies turn to head down by 35 weeks. (Or maybe it was by 37 weeks…).

Post # 521
2849 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I went to my bridesmaid dress alterations appointment today. The seamstress took one look at my belly and said, “You’re having a boy, yes?” I was surprised that she could tell just be looking at me. Then she said that I must be due very soon. When I told her I was due in June, her eyes got really big and she had a look of surprise. She then said, “That is a very big boy!”

Although I think she meant well, her comments are starting to freak me out. I don’t want to have a giant baby, since I imagine that will be super painful to push out. I thought I looked normal for my stage of pregnancy, but now I’m worried that I am bigger than I’m supposed to be. I have a doctor’s appointment tomorrow, so maybe I’ll ask if I look normal to them lol.

Post # 522
1474 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

View original reply
@araneidae:  My baby is breech too! I’ve been doing Spinning Babies, icing my ribs, and pelvic rock exercises. I got him to turn for about 12 hours, but now he’s back in the head up position. I’ve also heard swimming helps.

Post # 523
254 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@dreamocracy:  congratulations on closing on the house soon! I’m sure that will be a huge relief to you! Only one more day!

View original reply
@MrsSawyer:  glad you had a good appointment yesterday! i wouldn’t worry too much about which gender will be closer to their mom. I think it’s more on a personal basis than one gender over another. For instance, my husband is super close with his mom (probably more so than his dad) and he’s closer to both of his parents than I am with either of mine.

View original reply
@MrsDW:  I hope you had a great babymoon (even with rib pain)!

View original reply
@Bichon Frise:You’re a champ for agreeing to be a bridesmaid when you’re this far along. I hope you get to do a lot of sitting at the wedding and reception and don’t have to wear heels! I’m sure your doctors will be able to give you some kind of reassurance of your baby’s size at the appointment. And, I’ve generally found so far that random people have no idea how far along a woman should be by how big her belly is (I’ve been told I look both big and small for our due date on the same day by different people).

View original reply
@araneidae:  glad you had a good appointment. Hpoefully your baby will turn in time – you still have a few more weeks, so I wouldn’t worry about it too much!

Post # 524
1577 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@araneidae:  Hehe yeah we are definitely in the final stages now! Although I’m still behind y’all with the nurseries haha, but at least we close on the house tomorrow πŸ™‚ Glad you don’t have GD! Turn, baby, turn! Good luck on getting little one out of breech position!

View original reply
@Bichon Frise:  Aw I’ve been getting those kinds of comments too πŸ™ Us June ladies just have big, strong babies! It has started to worry me, too, especially after reading a few birth stories about women whose babies get stuck in their pelvis.. the doc I work with said sometimes they even have to break the baby’s shoulders to get it out! Horrifying D:

Post # 525
622 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011 - Vandiver Inn

View original reply
@araneidae:  Baby girl is, but I don’t think it really counts since she’s been head down all along. Just wait, she’ll flip the wrong way at the last minute just to show me who’s in charge. πŸ˜‰

The topic ‘June 2013 Babies- Part 9!!! (closed)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors