(Closed) June 2013 Babies- Part 9!!! (closed)

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 62
1949 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

How many 3 month onesies do you guys have? I just did a count and I have about 25. Do you think that is enough? Someone was asking me what I had in terms of clothes, and I wasn’t really all that helpful.  I’m going to see her again today, so I thought I’d make a suggestion, since she was asking specifically about Jammie’s/sleepers. What re your thoughts? I’m also going to suggest fleecy 6 month sleepers

Post # 63
1760 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
@bwaychick:  we aren’t sure what we’re going to do for a pediatrician. Im supposed to pick one before we mail in our pre-registry for the hospital. We live not far away from a hospital (1-2 miles tops) and dr’s offices. But my obgyn is 2 cities away where we both work. All of my mom friends use pediatricians in the town we live in because they dont like the 15 min drive to the bigger town. So I’m probably not using their recommendations. But I don’t know how to go about interviewing pediatricians. 

View original reply
@anotherbee:  25 3 month onesies is enough in my opinion. Do you mean 0-3 month? or literally “3 month” size? If baby is larger you might not even get to wear all of the onesies before he’s in a different size. I’ve been buying a range of newborn to 12 onesies and rompers, and outfits for 18 and 24 months as I see them on clearance. I’m looking for sleep sacks for 0-6 months, rompers and sleepers. It all depends on the baby, a friends kid hated sleepers, a coworker keeps her house cold during winter so her daughter was in a onesie, sleeper and sleep sack, an ex school friends son gets so not and sweaty at night he sleeps in a short sleeve onesie. So we wanted a variety of options. 

Post # 64
1949 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@MrsDW:  I have 3 month, not 0-3 month. I didn’t want to hubby and little ones cause I’m afraid thy wont fit at all. I’m going to suggest 3-6 month onesies and sleepers/sleep a sacks, since I don’t have many/any of those things

Post # 65
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

My mom sent me a picture of the first “cardigan onesie” she made little man. I picked up the onesie at a consignment shop for $1 and she had the brown edging to match the star. I’m laughing at the bowtie. Hubby is in love with it so we’ll see if I come home from work to him in bowties. 

Post # 66
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@anotherbee:  or you could say something like you are set on all clothing newborn-3 months and looking for anything in larger sizes? Then she can find things she likes and gift you those. 

Post # 67
1949 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@MrsDW:  omg that is adorable!!!! I love it! And yes, it think I’ll tell her I’m set for the little stuff, ESP since I know other people will probably buy that stuff since I won’t be talking to them

Post # 68
695 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

View original reply
@MrsDW:  OMG that’s adorable.  Just so cute.  As far as the pediatrician goes, I am leaning towards just going with my friend’s suggestion.  She’s a great mom.

ETA: I just googled the pediatrician, and on four different sites that rate doctors she has 5 stars out of 5 on two and 4 out of 5 on the other two.  So that’s good enough for me!

Post # 70
1949 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@Sweethart:  that’s really my biggest stash of stuff. Like I said, I went a little crazy at Carter’s on the way home from Florida. But now I have nothing for the other age ranges. But I’m not buying anything else. 

Have any of you bought anewborn Clothing? I’m expecting a 7-8 lber so I’m thinking tht I might need a few little things for the first couple of days/2-3 weeks. I don’t plan on buying any before the shot, but are you planning on getting any in case the 3 month stuff is just a little too big?

Post # 72
622 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011 - Vandiver Inn

View original reply
@bwaychick:  We took a suggestion from a good friend, but wew’re still going to meet/interview them before signing on for good. We have an appointment next week for that. I just called and asked if they were accepting new patients, told them when I’m due, and they set up the consultation immediately. Super easy.

View original reply
@MrsDW:  I’m almost positive that 0-3 month and 3 month clothes are the same. Some companies just list the size differently. And there are difference in overall size from brand to brand too. Kinda like buying women’s clothes I guess. 😉

View original reply
@anotherbee:  We bought a few newborn things but not too many. I have bought some clothes but not a super huge ton or anything. I want to see what happens at my shower and then I think I’l fill in the gaps afterwards. In our case though, we know baby girl is going to come early and that she’s currently totally average in size. If her growth holds steady, we will definitely need a few newborn things because she’ll be on the small side at first. I don’t want to get too much though in case her growth changes or something.

Post # 73
394 posts
Helper bee

Wow, I’m really behind! I’ve been out of town since Wednesday with very little computer access so I’m trying to catch up. In the meantime, here’s my belated roll call:

How far along: 28 weeks 

Total weight gain/loss: Not sure, I’ve stopped checking/keeping track. As long as my doctor isn’t concerned, I’m not.

Stretch marks: Not yet!  

Maternity clothes: Definitely! I have a couple pairs each of full-panel jeans and cords, a couple tunics/leggings and lots of t-shirts/tank tops. Other than that, I’ve been making due with regular cardigans and the few pre-preg sweaters that are still long enough to cover my belly! Fortunately my work has a pretty relaxed dress code.

Sleep: Hit and miss. My ribs/back have been quite sore lately, so that makes sleep more difficult.

Food cravings or aversions: None of either.

Movement: Tons…he’s a very active one! Lately he especially likes to beat up on my right-side ribs.

Belly button in/out: Still pretty much flat.

Diet: I definitely have a hearty appetite, but I’m not really eating too differently from before. I’d like to think that I’m a pretty healthy eater! I have less of a sweet tooth now than pre-pregnancy, which is a little weird! And usually when I go into the kitchen for a snack, the thing that appeals to me most is raw veggies! Apparently I’m incubating a health nut…

What I’m loving: That I’m in my third trimester now, we’ve got a start on the nursery, how excited our friends and family are, how active my little guy is!

What I’m not loving: Sore back and ribs, especially after a long drive today! Plus the fact that both my car and DH’s needed work in the past few weeks, so we need to delay some of our baby purchases (dresser mainly) since money’s tighter at the moment!

What I miss: The only thing I can think of is sushi (esp. spicy tuna)! But I went out for vegetarian/cooked sushi with Mother-In-Law this week which helped!

Favourite moment this week: DH absentmindedly reaching over to rub my belly while we were driving today…it’s not something he generally does so I found it really cute!

What number thread do you think we will be on come June 1st?!: 15!

Post # 74
254 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@mrskrumpet: your pics look great! i love how enthusiastic your DH seems to be your pregnancy and the new baby!

View original reply
@MrsDW: wow! that onesie cardigan your mom made is soo freakin adorable! good job grandma!

View original reply
@bwaychick:  your friend’s suggestion for a pediatrician sounds good! and it’s a good reminder to me that I’ve been wanting to get recommendations from two of my coworkers who have young kids.

View original reply
@anotherbee:  25 onesies seems like more than enough to me. we’ve been aiming for around 6-8 onesies in each size increment, but after our shower, we already have more than enough for the earlier months (0-3, 3m, 6m). We also picked up a couple of kimono-style snap front shirts and regular t-shirts in newborn sizes because I read somewhere that sometimes during babies’ first week, their belly buttons can be too sensative for full onesies due the stump from their umbilical cords.

Post # 75
1949 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@saltybalty:  yeah, 25 might be a little much, but at least I might not have to do more that 2 loads of washes for them! Lol

Post # 76
1949 posts
Buzzing bee

Ugh. So DH just informed me that Mother-In-Law awaits to have us over to her house for his birthday lunch/supper. Her house. That she smokes inside of. And has for years. And has like 5 cats. Ugh. I’m not interested in sitting inside that house. Nd it’s not healthy for anyone. I hate having to keep bringing up the fact that have smokes and it’s a problem for me. Just not a life style I ever had to deal with. I felt horrible last week when I had to bring up to DH that I’m anxious about her holding little man when he gets here because of the smoke in her clothes. We’ve already agreed that he will never go inside her house. 

I don’t want to have this convo again. I feel bad cause its his mom and we never see her (she doesn’t drive and has severe anxiety issues) and this is the first time she’s invited us both out. Hopefully I can use the cats as a reason, since I’m allergic….

The topic ‘June 2013 Babies- Part 9!!! (closed)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors