(Closed) June 2013 Bride, So discouraged about my weight.

posted 6 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
4046 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

So if I am reading this right, you have already lost nearly 60 lbs? That is amazing! Great job!

I wouldn’t beat yourself up and feel disappointed. Don’t look forward to feeling like a failure. Instead focus on what you have accomplished so far (amazing!) Just keep trying, and if you do lose more weight before the wedding it will be icing on the cake.

Post # 4
484 posts
Helper bee

Next time I have to physically drag myself from the sofa to go to the gym I’ll send some happy-gym vibes your way as well!

Post # 5
278 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@PistolBride:  You’ve already come so far! 220 to 165 is a huge accomplishment and if you keep eating healthy, you will definitely continue to see results 🙂 Congrats!

But if you want to lose 30lbs by April, be prepared to be disappointed. There is no real healthy way to accomplish that, unfortunately.

Post # 10
371 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

60 lbs is a great accomplishment! If you are feeling like you want to take off some more weight by May, you should look into paleo. It seems really restrictive, but it’s so great. I’ve been doing it hardcore (minimal cheats) for the past two weeks and have lost 5 lbs and inches everywhere. It could be worth a shot! 

Post # 11
449 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

You’re doing so good! I’m getting married this June as well and I have not done nearly as well as you. I really understand what you mean about being discouraged  though. That coupled with my busy schedule has really slowed me down. If you ever want to talk or something, I’ve been told I’m a good listener. Keep up the fabulous work!

Post # 12
88 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

60 lbs is an accomplishment in and of itself. In a year I have lost 25 lbs roughly and it’s been HARD so I know what time effort and work you’ve had to put into this! If you work at it and believe in yourself, than nothing can stop you! People do make nasty comments at times, even people close to you like parents, but my perspective on it is that they are doing it out of the goodness of their heart. But if they are not sensitive about the subject (as you or I may be at the time) that they don’t take it as being nasty at all. Try to take it all in as “I want to prove them wrong, and show them what I’m really made of!”.

I’d love to hear about your dress shopping, please do update us! 🙂

The topic ‘June 2013 Bride, So discouraged about my weight.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors