(Closed) June 2013 brides.. Can I see your dresses?

posted 9 years ago in June 2013
Post # 92
625 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Well, it looks like I’m a 2 dress bride. I posted my original dress earlier in this thread but after learning more about my mountain-top venue, the dress was just too big and the cathedral train would have caused allll kinds of problems!

I just purchased this simple, elegant and light dress from White by Vera Wang (VW351021). Suits the ceremony and reception venues much better! I will probably use a different sash – not the giant bow one on the model.

Post # 93
185 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Any excuse to show off my dress is a good excuse to me! πŸ™‚ All of you ladies look beautiful. Here’s my dress: 

Post # 94
168 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013 - Piney River Ranch

Here’s mine – Wtoo Bristol, but with no belt:

Post # 95
1 posts
Wannabee

I just ordered my allure 2550 ivory/silver.

Post # 96
329 posts
Helper bee

Here is my beautiful Allure dress! I won’t be able to see her again until probably March. The anticipation is killing me!!! Of course these pics are from the sample dress, doesn’t fit properly! But u get the idea! I love it!!!

Post # 97
338 posts
Helper bee

Here is mine!  It is Enzoani “Gina.”  I bought it off the rack, so it stares at me every day…beckoning me to put it on!

Post # 98
91 posts
Worker bee

So many gorgeous dresses, June brides!

@Tmpalm:  We have very similar dresses!  Mine is Enzoani Fatima.  I am nervous about bustling all of the tulle!

Post # 99
146 posts
Blushing bee

My wedding will be outside (in the heat!) in a dusty park and I am notoriously bad at keeping white things white.  I’m pretty sure I don’t have any white shirts I wear regularly, let alone a dress…so I knew from the get-go I wanted something pretty simple and not too expensive lest I drop a taco and never forgive myself πŸ˜‰  Also I have a huge back piece so while I loved all the cut-outs and interesting back dresses out there, it really didn’t work for me πŸ™

Found an INCREDIBLE dress-whisperer woman who helped me find a dress that would do exactly what I wanted – make my petite, easily-overlooked figure look BANGIN’.  I took her suggestion and got this Bari Jay Bridesmaid or Best Man dress that we ordered in ivory.  Here’s the pics from the site (none of me until February!) Sorry for lots of GIANT pics, I am tired and bad at internet.  Anywho, the dress will come in a nice cream shade of ivory and she ordered extra fabric so she can add a strap kind of like the second dress below; I like how it brings focus towards my center and not out towards my shoulders (and I might line up where it hits the back so it hides the zipper).  My mother and I are making the fabric flowers, which she/I will put on the strap and perhaps scatter a few on the bodice.  (In high school she made both of my prom dresses, from start to finish, so she’s just happy she’s not responsible for the whole dress πŸ˜‰

Yay, dresses!  More dresses!  Where you at, June brides??

Post # 100
29 posts
Newbee

Getting married in June and ordered my dress a couple weeks ago!  YAY!!!!!  It’s the Mori Lee 4969.

Blocked out my face cause fiance doesn’t want to know ANYTHING about it until the day of.  πŸ™‚

Post # 101
209 posts
Helper bee

Looks to me like June is the month for georgeous gowns!  You all look stunning!

Here’s mine– off the rack, and needing some alterations to the top:

Post # 102
18 posts
Newbee

Ok so I posted previously about being torn between two Maggie dresses.  Well I decided on the Jenna.  Now I have another problem.  I am a two dress bride.  I started dress shopping immediately after getting engaged back in January.  

I took future step daughter along with my then Maid/Matron of Honor with me and the whole thing went horribly wrong.  FSD was how do I put this nicely .. a snot…she gave her opinion on a dress that turned out to be everything but how she really felt about the dress.  I was already a wreck because of the way she was acting and ordered the stupid thing.  When I got home and really looked at the pictures I knew the dress was all wrong.  Luckily the shop let me change to a different dress since I had the deposit down.  No refunds.  Well now here we are 11 months later the dress is in and I already bought and have in hand the Jenna because it was more of what I was wanting.

So now what do I do with the other dress that is going to cost me $800.  On another thread someone suggesting listing it to sell – I’ve done that for awhile now at half the price and no bites.  Then someone suggested using it for a TTD session – sounds good in theory but honestly I can’t bring myself to trash an $800 dress.

So with that being said here is the venue:

both the ceremony and reception will be taking place outside.

Now here is the Jenna (me in the sample ivory but mine is a diamond white) 

Now here is the other dress.  It’s a Jasmine dress in ivory and will have a corset back instead of the sample shown with the hidden zipper.  What do I do with this dress?  I was thinking maybe possibly wearing Jenna for the ceremony, pictures and during the reception until just after dinner and then changing into this dress.  My Jenna is pretty tight.  It’s a size 6 and honestly I should have gotten a 8 but I bought it off of another bride who told me her dimensions which matched mine, but good god it’s tight..lol  My concern is after eating..eek..this is why I thought about changing so I would be a little bit more comfortable.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to do, or are there any June brides who need a dress?

Post # 104
23 posts
Newbee

@alex88:  

Beautiful dress! I was VERY close to buying that one myself. It was one of my top 3, but I ended up being TOO nervous about bustling all of the tulle.

Still love it though – great choice!

Post # 105
286 posts
Helper bee

You all look so beautiful in your dresses! πŸ™‚

I just bought my dress today at David’s Bridal – it’s this one here:

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Taffeta-Pick-up-with-Beaded-Metallic-Lace-Bodice-T9325

With this veil:

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_2-Tier-Elbow-Veil-with-Scalloped-Beaded-Edge-V7540

I didn’t really want a veil since I had already bought a tiara, but my mom practically insisted that I had to have a veil. So I got this one. It’s pretty, but I’m a little annoyed that I spent $200 (CAD so not the price on the website) on a veil.

On the other hand – I LOVE my dress. I can’t wait for January for it to come in so I can try it on again!

Post # 106
27 posts
Newbee

Casablanca 2052 πŸ™‚

The topic ‘June 2013 brides.. Can I see your dresses?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors