(Closed) June 2013 Brides: Have you booked your Honeymoon?

posted 8 years ago in June 2013
Post # 32
53 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

We just booked we’re going to St. Lucia! So excited can’t wait ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 33
870 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

We’re pretty much broke, so we’re spending a weekend in Dallas (we live in the DFW area) at a nice hotel.  We need to book soon, but we haven’t yet.

Post # 35
16 posts
Newbee

I work as a travel agent. My Fiance and I are doing 2 honeymoons.

Fiance and I decided to go back to Mexico right after the wedding to a 5* Adult’s Only Property, only because we have both been to Mexico several times and if we want to do nothing we won’t feel like we are missing out.

Not booked yet, but soon. As a travel agent I’m extremely picky so just finally narrowed it down to 3 resorts.

We’re also going to be doing a Southern Caribbean cruise sometime in the fall/winter.

Post # 36
9 posts
Newbee

We will be going on a cruise to the eastern caribbean…so st. thomas, st. maarten, and the bahamas. it seemed like a good way to go since you pay one amount for the cruise and then airfare! really looking forward to it!

Post # 37
951 posts
Busy bee

Hey June brides, how’s the honeymoon planning coming along? Any more progress or tickets booked?? Love reading about everyone’s honeymoon plans – definitely one of the most exciting parts of a wedding in my opinion!

We haven’t booked our flights yet (watching for a promotion as we are quite far away yet), but we are planning to fly into London, then go through Paris, Austria, Salzburg, Vienna, Zurich, Brussells, Venice, Amsterdam, and any other cities we can squeeze in. Planning for a 3 week trip and we did set up a honeymoon registry!

If anyone has experience travelling in any of these cities or countries, please do let me know your thoughts or any must-sees!

Post # 38
1024 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@crystalrae:  I’ve been to Venice and Paris.  Both are beautiful places.  I must say that if I was to up and move to a foreign city it would deff be Paris.  When you go, you’ll know exactly why.  I’ve heard people say that the people in France treat tourists poorly which is SO NOT TRUE.  My family and I were treated very well, the food is the best I’ve ever had anywhere in the world, and the atmosphere in the city is just … romantic and breath taking.  I can’t way to go back!  You’re going to love it!

As for our honeymoon plans nothing has been booked.  He’s currently processing for NYPD so if he gets into the next academy we may not even have a honeymoon!  They wouldn’t allow him to have 2 weeks off the first month on the job so we’re going to have to wait and see how his processing goes before offically booking anything.

Post # 39
1729 posts
Bumble bee

We’re going to Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica. No kids! All you can eat and drink! Private beaches! Fun excursions! What more could you want?!

Post # 40
658 posts
Busy bee

My uncle has a time share resort in Cabo, Mexico..So it was booked a couple weeks ago. Can’t complain with a free stay! Just have to pay for flights!

Post # 41
55 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

We’re heading to Mackinac Island area. I booked our cozy little cabin last week.  ๐Ÿ˜€  Really looking forward to that time with my Mister! 

Post # 42
951 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@xdaydreams05x:  Oh, you make Paris sound so romantic and beautiful! I can’t wait. I have seen a few movies and read a few books set there in the past year and it just seems so dreamy! What was your favourite part? 

Hopefully you can plan a delayed honeymoon if Fiance gets in to the NYPD academy! I have some friends that just did a weekend away after the wedding and waited a whlie for the full honeymoon for budget reasons. It seemed to work well!

Post # 43
533 posts
Busy bee

We are leaning on going to Barbados! Originally we thought Hawaii, and of course it would be frigging amazing, but it would be such an exhausting, expensive trip. Something relaxing and closer to home sounds perfect. Barbados, from what I read, is not in the main hurricane belt, so it is a bit of a safer bet. Has anyone been there?

View original reply
@crystalrae:  I have been to a few cities on your list. Salzburg is so gorgeous- you will love it! London and Paris are great cities not to be missed. I agree with xdaydreams05x about Paris. Try to use a few French words- it goes a long way. If you haven’t used his books already, Rick Steves is my favorite guidebook writer for Europe. If you have the time, I also would HIGHLY recommend checking out some places in Eastern Europe- Prague and Budapest are fabulous, and close to Vienna. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 44
220 posts
Helper bee

@BakeosaurusRex:  Fiance is planning ours also.  IDK what the progress is, but knowing him it will be an awesome surprise!

View original reply
@Amsy28:  Wish I had a direct connect to a timeshare.  That’s pretty awesome…and budget friendly!!!

Post # 45
1860 posts
Buzzing bee

We actually received a ‘free’ Caribbean cruise through our jeweler with the purchase of my engagement ring! There are like 7 different destinations to choose from (Eastern/Western/Southern Caribbean/etc) – we would be responsible for paying for our airfare though..

I’ve never been on a cruise and don’t know if that’s what I’d want to do for my honeymoon.. part of me just wants to look for an awesome travel Groupon for an all-inclusive resort somewhere.  What if Fiance or I get sick on a cruise? ๐Ÿ™  Hmm… any insight?

Post # 46
398 posts
Helper bee

Just booked last night. Staying at Live Aqua in Cancun Mexico. There was a great deal on Expedia, so we had to snatch it up! Can’t wait–never done the all inclusive thing!

The topic ‘June 2013 Brides: Have you booked your Honeymoon?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors