(Closed) June 2013 Brides: Have you booked your Honeymoon?

posted 9 years ago in June 2013
Post # 47
325 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013 - Piney River Ranch

We made our flight reservations a few weeks ago (totally free with FH’s Southwest credit card and points saved up from traveling a lot for work).  We’re heading to Switzerland for 10 days.  Staying in three different cities (the first two nights we’re actually crossing the border to Chamonix, France).  We have booked one of three accomodations.  Waiting to hear back from the other two on price quotes, etc. since their online reservations aren’t open that far out yet.

Post # 48
1729 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Heck yes! We will be off to Sandals Whitehouse in Jamaica the Monday after our wedding! My 30th birthday is that week as well!

Post # 49
4687 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2013 - Upstate NY

We live in the Northeast so we don’t want to miss the only 2 warm months of the year. We are going to Kenebunkport for 3 days to these cute little cabins, then taking a tropical vacation in December or February!!

Post # 50
24 posts
Newbee

We have booked ours and as we can’t get much time off from work we are just off to Bali for a week, nothing too exciting but we are staying in a wonderful villa with our own private chef and i’m just looking forward to spending quality time with my new hubby :):)

here is a pic of where we are staying

Post # 51
2863 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
@allabouteve:  Absolutely gorgeous

Post # 52
3092 posts
Sugar bee

We booked 2 weeks at The Majestic Elegance all-inclusive in Punta Cana, DR 🙂 🙂 Seriously can’t wait!

Post # 53
137 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@BellaDee:  We’re thinking Italy too! Rome, Florence and maybe a few days in Cinque Terra…it’s so hard to decide! 

Post # 54
209 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

We haven’t booked yet, but are looking into Europe…7-10 days. 3 days in Rome, 2 in Paris, the remaining split up between Venice and a few other places in Italy.

We’re having a destination wedding in Aruba, so we wanted something other than a beach for the honeymoon.

Post # 55
74 posts
Worker bee

My fiance is enrolled in flight school for the Navy. We’re supposed to find out tomorrow whether or not he’ll be able to get time off for our honeymoon. I am nervous because we are way behind on the timeline for booking, which means the rates are likely to be super high! Any advice about who to book through? We’re looking at somewhere beachy. We love the idea of Maui, but we don’t know if that’s going to happen…super expensive!

Post # 56
396 posts
Helper bee

We haven’t booked anything yet. 🙁 we have narrowed it down to probably 5-6 choices but we can’t just settle on one!! 

Post # 57
268 posts
Helper bee

no. We know we want to go to spain (madrid and san sebastian) and we know which hotels we want to stay at, but we dont know how many days of vacation Dear Fiance will have yet (he’s switching jobs) so we havent booked

Post # 58
484 posts
Helper bee

We just booked out honeymoon to Thailand!!! OMG I’m so excited!!!! (even this number of exclamation marks cannot show my excitement). We’re going to Bangkok, then on to Krabi to sit on the beach, learn to scuba dive and go kayaking while staying in paradise:

Then we’re off to north Thailand to meet elephants, explore the jungle and see the temples of Chiang Mai and Sukothai. Only 155 days til we leave! (not that I’m counting or anything…)

Post # 59
951 posts
Busy bee

I’ve booked our flights to London! Round trip was $1600pp from Calgary, but still the cheapest city to fly into in Europe and at least it is a direct flight. Pretty sure we’ll get free first class upgrades as well as we are flying with Air Canada and I have Elite status. Woohoo!

Hotels and other activities we won’t even bother with for a few more months. We might draw up a sample itinerary to figure out if we need rail passes or if we should just rent cars.

View original reply
@Oxfordnerd:  Absolutely gorgeous. You MUST learn to scuba dive. It is the best thing I’ve done in my life, and Thailand has epic diving. I realllly want to go there to dive.

Post # 60
1130 posts
Bumble bee

We finally decided on Aruba!

Post # 61
484 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@crystalrae:  It’s certainly at the top of my list! I’ve got my PADI but Fiance has never done it and I’m convinced he’ll absolutely love it.

Just saw you’re going to London! I live about an hour down the road from there in Oxford (actually going up to London for a meeting on Monday, come to think of it) so if you need any travel advice do let me know!

The topic ‘June 2013 Brides: Have you booked your Honeymoon?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors