(Closed) June 2013 brides, what are you DIYing? How much have you gotten done?

posted 7 years ago in June 2013
Post # 48
183 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

So FAR… we have….

Invitations:

RSVPs:

My handmade FABRIC Bouquet: (not a good pic, but yeah you get the point)

Havent done the bridesmaids bouquets yet… Those are coming though!!

Im sure there will be lots more

Post # 49
Hostess
2633 posts
Sugar bee

Hey june 2013 bees….i am doing my own centerpeices. I am posting a pic of an idea….i will have more candles on the mirror bellow…also the shortest. Of the vases will be a 5″ cylender vase like the other 2 vases. I am also trying to incorporate some rwd submerageble tea lights…so when the lights go down they will glow. 

Let me know what u think of the flowers …they are fake…but i cant bring myself to purchaee real ones when they could brown…and they are more expensive (not a huge flower person)….i tried a real cala lily…but side by side with the fake one i actually couldnt tell the diff. .except fpr the stem…the natural one was darker green.

Post # 50
Hostess
2633 posts
Sugar bee

Sorry for the side ways pic….i am on my phone so it wouldnt flip

Post # 51
Hostess
2633 posts
Sugar bee

Other then the centerpeices i am doing the bouquets myself…just looking for a. Wholesale flower growern my area

Post # 52
285 posts
Helper bee

UGH. I am a DIY June Bride and regretting every minute of it. Doing my bridesmaids bouquets to save money there, our own invitations, centrepieces, backyard arch, favours, gift card box..

I must be missing something! I’m seriously overwhelmed, and not crafty. WTF was I thinking!? haha. Oh well. Everyones just going to get drunk and dance anyways, so no one will really notice if the stuff sucks!

Post # 53
72 posts
Worker bee

Hello, another June bride here! I am trying to DIY a few things. So far I have done the invites (designed and printed, envelope liners cut into shape and stuck in, all assembled and ready to go!). I have a pile of small squares of paper left over from the envelope liner paper that I’m going to make into bunting for the dessert table and maybe for our sweetheart table too. I’m also thinking about

– Chalkboard signs for the special cocktails, the buffet, the dessert table, the gift table, and the photobooth. 

– Programs 

– I love the vintage suitcase card box idea, but I haven’t found the right suitcase yet! Keeping my eyes peeled.

I have no idea how to ‘dress’ a table so I’m worried that the gift table and dessert table will look really plain 🙁

Post # 54
396 posts
Helper bee

So far I’ve completed the fascintators for the BMs, the cardbox and 10 of our table numbers!

I still have to DIY the rest of the table numbers ( making 7 more until we send out invites and start getting rsvps back). The materials for our invites come in tomorrow so I will finish designing them and start printing and assembling! I need to print and assemle the petal fan programs. Chalkboard signs and bunting to do as well!

Post # 56
496 posts
Helper bee

Many many DIY projects left to do, but here are a few that we have completed so far!

Invites (my labour of love!):

We will be making fan programs, this is what I came up with (front and back):

I ordered these necklaces for my Birdesmaids from Etsy, but added the mint bead!:

Strassed shoes – they REALLY sparkle (I am still working on the second one!):

A big canvas to add to the barn decor:

Ring Box (A dollarstore box that I painted. I then added some padding and a sample of lace from my dress for the rings):

We got this cage for pennies because the door had fallen off. I gave it some love (and paint) and now its all ready to go:

Post # 58
496 posts
Helper bee

Time to add the Bridesmaid Gift’s to the list!

Post # 59
1083 posts
Bumble bee

Well. . . 

So far I’ve done my Mr. and Mrs. sign which will be on the sweetheart table:

And I made my own program fans!

Also semi-DIY our guest books:

And that’s it so far! Still need to DIY the card box and ribbon wands. Getting there!

The topic ‘June 2013 brides, what are you DIYing? How much have you gotten done?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors