(Closed) June 2013 brides… what are you up to?!

posted 6 years ago in June 2013
Post # 3
217 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I haven’t gotten very far.  I have just been researching various vendors and trying to figure out a budget.  Also looking at tons of dresses, flowers, general ideas on Pinterest, so I know exactly what I want the feel of our wedding to be.  I think I will go try on dresses for the first time next month, hopefully.  

Post # 4
268 posts
Helper bee

I have the venue (and the caterer I guess, because the venue caters), dress, phtographer, and videographer.

Starting to think about music, and I have pretty solid ideas about flowers, but nothing booked yet

also, I’m sketching invitations (I’m going to hand paint/draw them. eep!)

Its starting to feel real though, especially after I bout the dress.

Post # 5
72 posts
Worker bee

I’m not as far as I wanted to be (thanks masters thesis!) but I finally booked the venue and the caterer and I have my lovely ladies all lined up! I have engagement photos scheduled, bakeries selected to look at, and music ideas. I also have my favors and flowers figured out but nothing officially booked yet! It’s weird because in my head this whole thing is planned down to the nuts and bolts but it’s such a ways away I’m nervous committing to anything this far out! Hopefully dress shopping soon too!

Post # 6
1041 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Wow, some of you ladies are so organized! I went to try on dresses for fun a few weeks ago, and fun it definitely was, though it made me confused about what I want and when to actually buy! Still haven’t picked the venue, the proper date or really thought about much else. We are still getting quotes. But I guess I have decided on what my BMs will wear and who our videographer will be. Eek! I am bad at planning!

Post # 8
4 posts
Wannabee

Hi June brides..im a newbie and this is my first post tho i signed up earlier but got my password mixed up*covering face*..

Im excited to find June 2013 brides cos im one too. Sumwhere in my mind im thinking its too early to start planning but seeing you all already getting all dese done i had better get down to business!lol…

I have an engagement shoot planned for next month and i also want to try on sum dresses too..im soooo nervous!! I hope i find one i like asap! do you fink its too early to order  if i eventually find one? Wedding plans would get clearer next month as SH and i are getting together with our parents to formally agree on a lot of things.

Im excited about all these and i trust you all are too about your wedding plans..

Please drop by more June 2013 brides….

Post # 9
2907 posts
Sugar bee

I’ve got the church, venue, photographer and DJ booked and the wedding party lined up. Other than that, nothing’s set in stone, but I have some STD and invite ideas, a very vague idea of the flowers I’d like, our color scheme picked out, a bunch of bridesmaids’ dresses pinned on Pinterest and two weekends in October set aside for some serious dress shopping. 🙂

Post # 10
15 posts
Newbee

I”m a June 8th bride! So far we have a venue, a wedding party, a color scheme, a designer for invitations and bridesmaids dresses. Still looking for a caterer, a DJ and a wedding photographer.

Post # 11
879 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I’m glad I’m not the only one already booking!  June 1st wedding date.  Sometimes I feel I may be rushing it, but most vendors have been very accommodating with a year+ advance booking, although I did have a videographer tell me they don’t book this early! This thread almost makes me feel I need to book quicker, lol, but is it risky to book so far ahead??

We have the venue (cer/recp), caterer, photographer, officiant (FI’s uncle) and bridal party. We are checking out two DJs next weekend, of which one will be our final choice.  I’m pretty sure I have found my MUA and our photobooth company. Got some quotes from videographers. Have a couple ideas for florist, but no quotes yet. No idea about cake or dress!  I am planning to start looking for a dress in June (is that tooo late? Lol).  We are planning to do e-photos late Sept/early Oct.

Post # 12
1132 posts
Bumble bee

Wishing I could elope. Just kidding. Kind of. Venue, church, penciled in, finalizing this week. Dress hunting online but haven’t tried anything on yet. Already overwhelmed. June 15th bride here. June is a busy wedding month, so it doesn’t hurt to start getting things together early!

Post # 13
385 posts
Helper bee

June 8th bride here…

Already have purchased my dress, but don’t have it in my grubby hands yet.

Venue – check

Asked all of our attendants – check

Caterer – check

Have our wedding bands picked out, but haven’t bought them yet.

Working on photographer and flowers next.  Having our engagement photos taken next month!! Can’t wait for that.

Thank goodness we have over a year!!!

Post # 14
484 posts
Helper bee

Hurray for June 2013!!! We’ve got a chapel, the reception venue, the catering, I have a dress and we’re meeting with the photographer next week who’s photos I like so much that I’ll be bringing my cheque book for the deposit… My Fiance has pretty much sorted out in his head what suit he wants to wear, we have the tables/chairs/linens/table settings picked out and we know what the favours will be. That said, we got engaged 1,5 years ago, and I’ve been trying to hold back the organization to avoid too-early-booking regrets. 

So bees, is it time to go all-out on the planning yet? Pleeeeeease??

Post # 15
79 posts
Worker bee

We visited a couple of venues yesterday, and I think we found one!  Just have to book and make a deposit.  Other than that, ideas for everything else are just starting to flow. 

Post # 16
62 posts
Worker bee

Hello fellow June Brides!

I’m so excited to get started on this board (my first post!) and keep up to date with where all of you are at in your planning stages! I thought I was super on the ball but it looks like some of you are way ahead in your planning which is great to hear! I can’t believe we all still have 13-14 months to go! I feel like I could have this wedding June of THIS YEAR and I have no idea how I’m going to be able to wait that long!

So far this is what I have set… Ceremony (just booked yesterday!), Reception/Caterer, Photographer, Budget

I am all about my spreadsheets to keep organized! I’ve helped a few of my friends with their wedding planning and acted as their ‘day of coordinator’ so I guess I know what to expect. So different when it’s your own though, right? I’m so excited!!

The topic ‘June 2013 brides… what are you up to?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors