(Closed) June 2013 brides… what are you up to?!

posted 9 years ago in June 2013
Post # 17
48 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I think I managed to secure photographer, venue and celebrant this weekend so I’m really pleased. Mom just has to phone the caterers and then the big head ache inducing decisions are over and I can concetrate on the fun bits!

Post # 18
613 posts
Busy bee

I say if you want to start doing the all-out planning, go for it!

We got engaged last january but decided to book most of the important vendors early 2011; for one I’m working on my masters and two we are now locked in 2011 prices!  We have pretty much everything booked except the officiant, chair cover rental, ceremony music, bridesmaid dresses and tuxedos! And our engagement session is booked for this June.  Other than that, pretty much set!

Have you guys picked your theme yet? 

Almost 13 months to go ladies!!! AHHH! 

Post # 19
466 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

After receiving plenty of proposals…we have finally made a decision on a  venue!! This is it…

http://www.maisonstcharles.com/

Also, I won a wedding dress from a wedding dress company so I have my dream dress. We have the wedding party. I posted a random ad on craigslist ad to see if anyone is offering any sort of wedding services here because we are new to the New Orleans area.

Post # 20
1 posts
Wannabee

Hey Everyone,

I’m new to Wedding Bee and just got engaged April 14th. Other than booking a venue (which we had to book a Friday cause everything is booked for Saturday) that’s all I have done. Our wedding date is June 7th, 2013 I’m starting to see that I need to get it together you are all so organized! I can’t even decide colors haha.

Post # 21
16 posts
Newbee

Hello everyone,

I’m also a June bride. Wedding date – June 14, 2013 (1 year, 1 month and 2 weeks to go)

We got engaged in September

So far we have: budget, ceremony/reception venue, my wedding ring, photographer and videographer, dj, my dress, asked the bridal party, picked out their dress, colour scheme, theme (sort of)

I also have solid ideas for centerpieces, music, flowers and the cake

We’re working on: appt with the guy for the candy buffet in 2 weeks, officiant, STD’s and engagement shoot.

Have fun everyone, this year is going to go by so fast.

Post # 22
438 posts
Helper bee

Is anyone getting married on Saturday Jine 29th?

So far we have: budget squared away, my e-ring & wedding bank, venue (ceremony/reception will be there and they do the catering and include the cake with a reputable cake company nearby), photographer, DJ, florist booked, idea of color scheme and theme…leaning towards a bill levkoff dress for BMs….no idea where to start with my own dress!!

Post # 23
149 posts
Blushing bee

June 1st bride!  So far we have booked the church/priest, reception space, caterer, dj, photographer and ordered the save the dates and the invites.  I am ordering pomanders for the bridesmaids off etsy, and making a brooch bouquet for myself.  Still need to book: bakery for cupcakes, car rental, rentals for linens and place settings, place for the guys to get their tuxes, and we need to get our wedding rings.  Doing pre-cana this month, engagement photo shoot this weekend!  I know what we are doing for centerpieces and have been making cake stands for that.  Have fun everyone!

Post # 24
15 posts
Newbee

We are not traditional in this planning at all. We have the church and reception booked.  Reception has preferred vendors for catering and florist, so nothing else done there.  We have planned ceremony music (important to my dad).  I have been dress shopping without success, I have not asked all of my maids or flower girls  but Fiance has asked groomsmen LOL.  Went and looked at invitations, got overwhelmed and left.  I have interviewed a couple of photographers but still undecided. I have pinned a million things that probably would not all go together.  I have changed color schemes several times.  Life other than wedding planning has been crazy, so maybe I will make progress this summer…After June 21….

Post # 25
86 posts
Worker bee

My wedding date is June 15 and so far we have…

Ceremony space and venue booked

Venue includes catoring and cake so that’s taken care of

Dress is purchased and at my mom’s house

Bridal party has all been asked

Guest list is pretty set in stone

Have my wedding band (FI bought it with my e-ring)

DIY centerpiece idea almost complete in my mind 😉

Post # 26
484 posts
Helper bee

Just booked the photographer! (as in, sent the confirmation email about 30 secs ago and of course had to share the excitement straight away with the bees Smile)

This is the photographer we’re going to go with:

http://www.stephengormley.co.uk/index2.php

We met him a while ago and he seems very nice, hopefully he can photograph us looking relaxed and happy rather than our usual we’re-standing-in-front-of-a-camera-feeling-awkward pose. 

What are everyone’s thoughts on engagement sessions? I’m really tempted because of my apprehension with getting my photo taken, seems good to have a ‘practice run’.

Post # 27
484 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@rachelh:  Sounds like you’re starting to narrow down your ideas though, and there’s nothing wrong with changing your mind a couple of dozen times with so much time left til the wedding. What’s happening on June 21st? Whatever it is, I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you that it’ll go well!

Post # 28
15 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@Oxfordnerd:  thanks for the words of encouragement, I am driving every one around me crazy changing my mind.  I take MCAT on June 21st.  Much later than I should have to allow second chances, but I needed the extra study time.  So I will hope for the best and get my med school application ready thinking I will be where I want it to be. 

You have really gotten on top of your planning.  I hope to be able to post something like that soon!

Post # 29
33 posts
Newbee

Ceremony/Reception venue booked

and that’s it! I’m starting to feel very behind.  You all have so much done already.  I’m working and in school full-time, so I’m hoping when I finally get a break from classes at the end of July I can get everything else booked.

Post # 30
62 posts
Worker bee

I’m so impressed with everyone and how on top of things you all are! Has anyone started dress shopping yet? I have 3 appointments for this Saturday with 4 of my friends and am so excited!

Post # 31
164 posts
Blushing bee

I got engaged May 15th of 2011 (so almost a year ago!)

So far, we have:

• Budget finalized

• Guest list rough draft

• Ceremony and Reception booked (catering and cake included)

• Dress ordered and on its way (should be here by August)

• Wedding party chosen and asked

• Color scheme and theme decided on

• STDs and invites ordered

• Meetings scheduled with photog, dj, officiant, and florist to lock in those vendors during May 20-26 (can’t wait!)

• Wedding bands obtained (family heirlooms)

• Table cards and programs designed

My Fiance and I are both in graduate school getting our Masters up in NorCal and working full time. I have been trying really hard to get the majority of stuff done early to avoid having to choose between wedding planning and writing my thesis next year…because lets be honest, wedding planning would take priority!

The topic ‘June 2013 brides… what are you up to?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors