(Closed) June 2013 brides… what are you up to?!

posted 9 years ago in June 2013
Post # 32
3229 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Let’s see so far I only have:

Theme picked

Colors picked

Wedding party decided but not asked yet (just in case)

Narrowed down on one location but have yet to tour it and book it due to trouble arranging a meeting with the Groomsmen.  

Narrowed down the month and year (big since we started this journey last year).  

Narrowed down my dress choices to two items.  

That’s it.  I feel behind because of a lot of your list but I also think I’m having a smaller ceremony without some of the frills.  No engagement photos are going to be taken so that rules that out.  

Post # 33
342 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

So far we have…

final budget and guest list

the colors and theme

the venue 

narrowed down caterer

DJ, but we have to rent equiptment since he’s a family friend and coming from out of town

asked all of the bridal party and had a meeting

I think that’s it. Still so much to do, but I’m trying to take it all in stride.

Post # 34
355 posts
Helper bee

I’m getting married June 1, 2013. We’ve had the church booked from the beginning, and just put the deposit down on our venue yesterday! I bought the dress almost immediately (the 5th one I tried on!). I feel like those are the most major milestones, so I’m in a happy place right now.

Still working on caterers, as we want a more laid-back feel…but we’re having trouble getting across what we want from people who specialize in weddings and only seem to know how to do formal sit-down dinners!

Also looking forward to having enough time to really think about details and do some DIY stuff to make our reception really “us,” and save money by doing a bunch of stuff myself! It’s become a real hobby for me since we became engaged in August 2011….and I’m not actually sure what I’ll do once the planning is over next June, ha! Maybe start planning a vow renewal? 😉

Post # 35
484 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@SupermarketGirl:  We’re doing family style where basically the caterer just puts big platters of food on the table and everyone can help themselves to whatever they like. It’s a nice halfway house between formal sit-down and a buffet. Would that work for you?

Post # 36
15 posts
Newbee

Can finally post progress! Venue and church selected and reserved.  officiants selected, and asked, still have to have premarital counseling.  Attendants asked and confirmed. Time of day for wedding selected.  Rough draft guest list completed.  Dress bought.  Colors set.  DIY’s started, some actually finished lol.  Photographer selected.  Florist selected and met with.  Caterer selected, meeting to hash out menu in two weeks.  Visited cake decorators, not satified yet.  Still have to choose maids dresses and tuxes.  Can not seem to tackle invitations yet, and save the dates.  Ceremony music set.  Have not asked musicians yet, will ask in the next month.  DJ not selected, but have a few to interview.

Post # 37
1023 posts
Bumble bee

Booked … church, venue, and photographer. Ordered my dress shortly after we got engaged, dress should be here within the next month … soooo excited !!!

The venue and photographer are the most expensive so I’m glad to have that out of the way.  There is still so much more to plan though!  We are going to start looking at DJ’s, Photobooths, Limos, and Florists soon. 

Post # 38
135 posts
Blushing bee

We found the venue we wanted but unfortunately we can’t book it as yet :/ Fiance is in the military so when he gets his “official hard copy” of his duty location we can proceed to book it. I’m just scared of booking it and they decide to change his location last minute and now I can’t get my money back on the place. He can get the copies anytime from tomorrow until September smh. I’m just praying we know sometime this month atleast.

Post # 39
385 posts
Helper bee

Progress!!

My dress came in and I tried it on.  Alterations next year!

We have our venue, our caterer, photographer. I made all of the bouquets and boutonnieres. I also made the flower for my hair. I designed the invitations, rsvp cards and programs.

Right now I’m working on napkins, the ring bearer’s pillow, and getting the centerpieces together.  Also starting to pick out music!!

We’re having our engagement pictures taken this weekend! Can’t wait!

Post # 40
1296 posts
Bumble bee

We have our venue, I have my dress, shoes, and jewelry, lots of decor, our wedding bands, photographer, ring-bearer outfit & pillow, and sent out STDs (TONS of out-of-town guests).

Soon we plan to book our DJ & photobooth 🙂

Post # 41
104 posts
Blushing bee

We have our venue (which provides catering), photographer, engagement shoot done, bridal party, colors, guest list, my dress and DJ. We’ve narrowed down STDs and invites to just a couple and will hopefully decide by the end of the month. We’ve also narrowed it down to two floriest and two bakers, but just need to decide which one! They’ve both already designed flowers/cake for us and I love both!  Just today we sat down and talked about ceremony order, songs. etc!  And we’ve booked our honeymoon!

Post # 42
385 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@Iloveyourlovethemost:  I think we’re gonna send out STDs out next month because we also have a lot of out of towners. Everyone has looked at me like I’m crazy, but I know I would like to know that early if I had to plan an out of town trip.  Glad to see someone is as ‘crazy’ as me!

Post # 43
572 posts
Busy bee

Love this thread! So great to see what everyone else is doing. Our date is June 22, 2013. So far we have the following booked and deposits paid – church, venue, DJ, photographer, dress and bridesmaids/groomsmen lined up. Next up, cupcakes and flowers! I think we are going with a dark pink (sangria) and dark purple (plum) for colors and gray suits for the guys! Good luck planning to everyone!

Post # 44
43 posts
Newbee

Hi June 2013 Brides!

I’m have the venue/caterer (for both my destination wedding and at home party), Officiant, photographer, DJ, Cake, and my Future Mother-In-Law is a florist so that is taken care of. I’ve already purchased a lot of decorations (probably too many) and I’ve started making items too. I might be a little too overzealous and excited!

Post # 45
1296 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@erincredible:  Not crazy at all in my opinion! Completely agree, I’d want as much time as possible!

Post # 46
137 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@miss.inchworm:  I work part time and getting my masters full time so I totally hear you!!!

The topic ‘June 2013 brides… what are you up to?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors