(Closed) June 2013 brides… what are you up to?!

posted 9 years ago in June 2013
Post # 47
137 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

June 22 here!

Like others have posted, I’m in a full time masters program and work in the education field so we’re trying to do as much as possible before the fall! Fiance and I are also super planner-color coded-GCal freaks πŸ˜‰

Booked/Decided: church/reverend, reception venue, transportation for bridal party, photographer, caterer, bridesmaid dresses (they’re all picking their own), rehearsal dinner space (fiance’s uncle is a chef and doing our menu for us!), makeup, colors, centerpieces, music playlist 

Pre-Booked (met with but not paid): DJ, hotel blocks, day of coordinator (friend!)

Thought About: grooms suit, gifts for party and parents, STDs and invites, dessert table, DIY flowers from whole sale or grocery store, guest book, hair stylist

I feel like I’m missing all the details but feel really good about our progress!

Post # 48
226 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

My Fiance created a “phase” chart for us. It’s pretty funny actually.

We’ve got the church, venue (including catering), wedding dress, bridesmaids, and groomsmen.

Next is the photographer, engagement photos, dj, flowers… am I forgetting something?! Lol <—‘wedding brain’ 

Post # 49
10 posts
Newbee

I am a June 28, 2013 bride.Smile  My fiance proposed on April 9 & within a month, I already had a dress and we booked a venue for both the ceremony & reception.  So far, we also have a DJ, photographer, hair salon and guest accomodations situated!  I still have to finalize plans for a wedding harpist (ceremony) and a florist.  I’ve been hesitating on having too many flowers b/c I have horrible allergies!  We are also just finishing up our guest list and looking into DIY save the dates/invitation ideas.  Oh..and our wedding colors are blush/black/white.

Post # 50
104 posts
Blushing bee

I posted earlier, but I just booked my florist and bought the majority of my bridesmaids gifts too! School starts for me in 2 weeks, so I’m really trying to get as much done as possible!

Post # 51
33 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@HeLovesDogs:  I am June 29th!! πŸ™‚ We just confirmed bookings for our ceremony at a church. We’ve booked our reception, photographer, videographer, makeup and hair (free consult if I book early!!), and bought my dress (it’s waiting in my closet for alterations come Feb/Mar)!! Currently looking at bridesmaids dresses, thinking about flowers, and wondering if our dj is still alive because he hasn’t responded to any of our emails/calls!!  What is your theme/colours? Ours is sage green, pastel pink, with bits of gold. It’s going to be modern-vintage, if that makes sense lol. πŸ™‚

Post # 52
53 posts
Worker bee

I have the following done:

• Ceremony venue and Officiant
  • Reception venue
  • DJ
  • Photographer
  • Florist/Decorator
  • Wedding Dress
  • Bridesmaid dresses ordered and paidWedding Coordinator
  • Sent save the dates (we have a lot of Out of Town guests and we’re getting married on a Friday)
  • Booked honeymoon
  • Ordered invitations but not printed
  • Created tears of joy packets
  • Ordered personalized hangers for girls
  • Ordered cake
  • Colours (fuschia, white with splashes of black (not too much)
  • Gifts for birdesmaids 
  • Mother of the Bride dress
  • Bought cake boxes and favour tins

Post # 53
16 posts
Newbee

So far we have chosen and booked:

church and reception venue

my dress, tiara shoes veil etc

groomsmens suits

wedding cars

flowers

bridemaids dresses

To do over the next few months:

go for tastings for menu and cake

choose rings

book honeymoon

organise entertainment

table and venue decorations

book photographer

I think that’s it? :s you never know. Not to mention the 40lbs I need to lose!

Post # 54
14 posts
Newbee

Hi June Brides!

I feeli like I’m behind in my planning. So far we have selected and booked/put down deposits

– ceremony and reception venue;

-photographer and viodegrapher;

– my dress;

-bridal party;

-the band (already made up our mind, just negotiatingn the price).

That’s all! Should i be freaking out?!

I’m meeting with florists, and haven’t had much luck, as 2 companie promised to send me a proposal and approximate price,and i havent heard from them ever since. Still have 3 more florists to see, hopefully that will go better.

Next, i’m tackling guest list, and bridesmaids’ dresses. Also, have to decide on a honeymoon by november, when i have to enter my vacation requests for next year. Time flies when you’re wedding planning! πŸ™‚

Post # 55
219 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@luludallas:  

Doesn’t sound like you are behind to me- if you are in the NYC area I’d assume there are tons of options for florists and bridesmaid dresses.  I have yet to finalize a guest list or a dress- hopefully by the end of the month!  

Post # 56
62 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
@luludallas:  Please don’t freak out because then I’ll have to freak out! I’m pretty much on the exact same page as you, MINUS the photog πŸ™‚ :/

Post # 57
14 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@coastalbee88:  

View original reply
@twoblackcats:  

Thanks, i feel better knowing im not the only one in this boat! Good luck ladies!

Post # 58
396 posts
Helper bee

I almost feel like I got too much done too fast and now there is nothing to do!

We have booked the 

-Venue

-Catering/Menu planned

-Photog

-DJ

-Planner/Day of coordinator

-Florist

-Cake

-Bought my dress

-Picked out Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses

-Started making some Bridesmaid or Best Man gifts (DIY ones)

-Know what the Groomsman gifts will be

We are still trying to figure out the Honeymoon spot, where to register and we do have a idea of what the Tuxes will be just need to make it official. Oh and music, gotta make that list!

I feel iike I sit on Pinterest all day trying to decide on centerpieces and favors. That seems to be all thats really left. 

Post # 59
989 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@amwoods:  Oh how fun! We booked our honeymoon this past week too! At thispointIm looking for a keepsake marriage license. I need ot tell my aunt our final cake flavor choice and my friends wedding is later this month at the same venue with the same caterer so Im getting ready to critique what i may want to change/ alter for mine πŸ™‚ I also have ordered my 9 outfits (lingerie) for the honeymoon. Its just the tiny detials left and sending out the invites! Hope the planning is goin well ladies!

Post # 60
1729 posts
Bumble bee

The most exciting news is that my dress came in yesterday and is now hanging safely in my closet until I can get it to MOH’s house! We have our church (St. Mark’s Episcopal in Center City), venue (Rosegarden Ballroom, Hyatt at the Bellevue), photog, DJ, florist and transportation all booked. Also, our bridesmaid dresses and invitations are picked out, and our STD’s are at the printers as we speak. We have yet to register, so that’s next on the agenda…

I’m doing this all remotely (from Atlanta), so I actually think it’s made the process easier. I’m more reliant on the web and phone calls, and I haven’t been driving all over Philly to make decisions…

Post # 61
115 posts
Blushing bee

@SupermarketGirl We are date twins!

I am sooo excited! I am ordering little decorations and things, today we ordered the ties and pocket squares for the groomsmen and I am just beyond excited about it all!!

The venue is outside, we are booking a giant party tent and decorating it. I just sent out an email asking for an offer, and since the weather could go all sorts of ways we are trying to prepare for everything!

The topic ‘June 2013 brides… what are you up to?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors