(Closed) June 2013 brides… what are you up to?!

posted 8 years ago in June 2013
Post # 62
220 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

This is great!  I like seeing what everyone else is doing.

Post # 63
496 posts
Helper bee

Currently, I am digging up dozens and dozens of flowers! We planted flowers this summer to pick for our wedding, and have just found out that my parents are separating and selling the house! (LONG story, they asked us to move in because they needed help as my mom is ill, and  now my step-dad has left). SO, we are looking for a new house, and will quickly have to transplant!

The majority of the flowers that were planted were David Austin Roses (My FAV!) and Peonies.

Needless to say most of the wedding planning has taken a back seat, but I hope to start working on some projects soon!

Post # 64
286 posts
Helper bee

June 22nd Bride! 🙂 I have lots of stuff done so far!! We wanted to get everything started and deposits made early so we would have a better idea of what the overall cost would be. We have the church, the reception venue, the DJ, the cake, the centerpieces are figured out but not put together yet, my dress, the tux place, our photographer and several other little things are done also. I made our save the dates on Mpix.com with our engagement pictures on it so I will be ordering those with the next paycheck and sending them out soon. All we really need now is our caterer and just order our linens and decorations. We are DIY-ing our favors and centerpieces and possibly the invitations. My Fiance and I are very excited and he’s really into the planning process so we have been on a roll! Now we are kind of in waiting mode because we really just need the caterer and we have a couple in mind that said it would be easy for them to do, (we are only expecting between 100-150ppl) so we will do the tastings and make our decision in a few months. Ohh and we are trying on bridesmaids dresses in December when my friend is back home during winter break. Things are mostly smooth sailing here!

Post # 65
951 posts
Busy bee

Engagement photos are arriving today, so I am preparing and finalizing the design for the Save the Dates so I can place the order.

I went back to the restaurant we are having our reception at for lunch to try a few other dishes to help decide on our menu. Their white chocolate creme brulee was AMAAAAZING and that will definitely be our dessert.

Also made contact with the florist and got input from a couple of friends on decor.

Progress is being made 🙂

Post # 66
1 posts
Wannabee

Hiya I’m a newbie and my wedding is June 22, 2013, so far I got the ceremony and reception, they make the food there yay! booked. I found a dress the same day I went looking for one just need a little bit of alterations.All I need now is phtographer and I keep going back and forth on the color scheme lol. Still need to send out the invitations within the next month, and pick out the music.All all the other little things that need to be done too 🙂

Post # 67
43 posts
Newbee

I finally got my STD’s sent out! Now I just have to finalize the menu, music, flowers and cake. I have several DIY things to do, including the favors. The favors are going to be food (salt water taffy), so I’ll wait until May to do those. I have to order the invitations and other ceremony pieces like a sand ceremony set. I still have to get my dress altered and pick out my sister’s bridesmaid dress. I think that’s about it….and let me just say, things are adding up QUICKLY!

Post # 68
525 posts
Busy bee

Wow! I feel so behind reading some of what you have all accomplished.

We’re getting married June 8th – just got engaged last month in October. So far we’ve:

– come up with a rough estimate for our budget

– booked the ceremony & reception venue (it’s going to be the same place)

– decided on a caterer (our venue has a list you have to choose from) and just have to book them

– bought a DIY invitation kit

– made a rough guest list

– asked my half of the bridal party (maid of honour, and 2 bridesmaids). My fiance asked his best man and is still deciding on 2 groomsmen

– decided on a colour (purple!) (I didn’t realize I had to umm.. pick multiple colours so I may need to add one to that)

– bought the maid of honour dress and am going shopping with the bridesmaids the end of the week

– bought a tiara

Everything else we’ve done has really just been research to get ideas of costs.

Post # 69
3092 posts
Sugar bee

Just updating..going in today for another visit with the seamstress.  Last time we met she was going to add straps and move some of the lace around.  It’s actually a very simple dress but she cares a lot about the details.

Post # 70
951 posts
Busy bee

Hey June bees, how are you doing?? Anyone doing any wedding projects over the holidays?

I am probably not doing anything major until January I think but a few casual projects:

-searching for a makeup artist and doing my hair trial early so I can have hot Christmas party hair!

-invitation samples are arriving from Wedding Paper Divas

-can’t stop thinking about Vera Wang Gemma so I have listed my dress and am searching across Canada for a used one and any city I plan to visit over the next 3 months. I check every few days just in case. One popped up in my city 2 days ago and there’s another in Chicago I’m going to look at in a couple weeks. Fingers crossed!

Other than that, I’m taking a break until 2013!

Looking forward to hearing your plans and hope you all get some time off from wedding planning over the holidays!

The topic ‘June 2013 brides… what are you up to?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors