(Closed) June 2013 Brides – What are your colors and theme??

posted 6 years ago in June 2013
Post # 3
162 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Wow that decor sounds beautiful!!!  I love the idea of the wood!  So pretty and it sounds like you are crafty and can DIY.  I am so not crafty but I really wish I was.  I am doing pink and white flowers and I think my bridesmaids are going to wear a color called “slate” which is a gray blue.  Originally I wanted blush dresses, but it really washed everyone out.  Then I was going to do a reddish color, but one of my bmaids has red hair and she felt like a lobster.  Slate it is!  So they will hold pink and white flowers and mine will be pink and white as well.  On the table, I’m hoping to have champagne colored tableclothes with mercury glass candlesticks and votives along with crystal cake stands with flowers on them.  

Post # 4
137 posts
Blushing bee

We’re doing green & yellow for our colors with some white accents (like our milk glass centerpieces and some of the paper stuff) and our theme is sort of vintage/historical/local. We’re going to use maps in our decor and my friend is a graphic designer who is making us a compass wedding logo that we’re going to use a lot too. It took me a lonnggggg time to decide on one theme/colors with so many beautiful options out there (especially when you’re spending so much time on the internet looking at pictures!)

What about a lighter purple and gray?? I think that would look lovely for June & fit in with the rustic theme really well! You could also add light or lime green in there for some accent colors. (via http://everylastdetailblog.com/2010/11/30/inspiration-board-rustic-purple-gray/)

Post # 5
979 posts
Busy bee

Our colors are coral and orange probably with a bit of pink.  We don’t really have a theme, I just keep saying we want it bright and cheery!

Post # 7
268 posts
Helper bee

no theme really but here are our colors/inspiration

Photos by:

Post # 8
1297 posts
Bumble bee

Mint, blush pink, and ivory…country chic theme! πŸ™‚

Post # 9
398 posts
Helper bee

I am a June 1st bride. Is Plum, Silver and Black ok. I feel like its kind of a bit fall but I figure its my wedding I can do what I want? It will be a lot of bling so I think it will be ok right?

Post # 10
1238 posts
Bumble bee

sage green, silver and hints of blush and ivory. We’re going for natural, woodsy, with a bit of elegance. No burlap, but think vintage crystal vases with flowers mixed with vintage silver pots full of moss on wood rounds for centerpieces. Lots of candles. Married outside in a cedar grove by a creek πŸ™‚

I don’t think colours need to be associated with any season! It’s all about personal preference!

Post # 11
1238 posts
Bumble bee

this is my bridemaids dress to give you an idea of the colour of sage green i’m working with: Sakura Convertible Dress Long Sage Green

Post # 12
Hostess
2635 posts
Sugar bee

red black and white

It sounds very much like winter colours, but our venue is a old 1850 stone factory turned into a boutique hotel and restaurant/ball room, so the dark colours give it a old theatrical feel,

also my fiance is from Trinidad ,although we are not doing a Trini style wedding but I thought it would be cool to incorporate the colours (since I always loved that combo anyways)

Post # 13
36 posts
Newbee

purple, muted greens, brown, ivory….bridesmaids wearing various green shades from littleborroweddress.com. groom wearing tan seersucker! very southern feel with mint juleps, fan programs, etc.

Post # 14
36 posts
Newbee

here a few inspirational pics…

Post # 15
4687 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2013 - Upstate NY

This general idea:

Sue Wong

Post # 16
502 posts
Busy bee

I’m going for somewhat rustic/vintage chic. Our ceremony and reception are both outdoors at a conservancy with a beautiful vintage like house, and grounds with trees and ponds. My hopes for flowers and colors are yellow, pink, orange, white, with greens. And bridesmaids are probably going to be a coral, pink, or blush. My future Mother-In-Law has tons of clear mason jars I’ll be using for centerpieces and decorations! πŸ™‚

I want to use burlap table runners or maybe lace and burlap on mason jars for the tables but I’m still trying to work that out. I see burlap in pictures and LOVE it but when I see it in person it always looks and feels so much rougher -and not enough like table fabric I guess. If anyone has any advice or tips please reply or message me!

Here are some of my inspiration pictures.

(This first one is the actual location)

The topic ‘June 2013 Brides – What are your colors and theme??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors