(Closed) June 2013 Brides! What do you have done?!

posted 6 years ago in June 2013
Post # 3
3092 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

In addtion to what you have we have our cake, catering, rehearsal dinner catering, alchohol, uplighting,  half of our favors/bridal party gifts, taking e-pics next week, sent STD’s, have all invites assembled just need to print on the invite itself when the time comes, centerpieces, aisle decor (sort of, someone is making this for us), bridesmaid dresses picked out and waiting on the gals to send measurements, wed site, and registry…I think that’s what we have done…

Post # 5
815 posts
Busy bee

@madteaparty:  We’re getting married June 15th.  I’m in about the same place as you.  Got the venue, caterer, florist, dress, shoes, band, photographer, met with & set up a plan for rentals (chairs & tables, tent, etc.) & purchased paper to make invitations.  We are thinking of doing an email save the date, we’re on a budget & I’d rather put the $ toward nicer invitations.  We haven’t sent it out yet & I’m feeling anxious about that.  I feel like I’m a little obsessed with planning, looking at pinterest & researching things online every day!!  But it also feels like there’s so much to do in so little time!  We’re also doing an all outdoor wedding & for some reason I feel like I need to think about all the decorating while it’s still sunny the way it will hopefully be that day!! 😉

Still no idea on what we’re doing for the Honeymoon.

People keep saying we’re planning early, but I think they’re crazy.  I’d rather get it all done now than stress right before!! 

Post # 6
815 posts
Busy bee

@icetea:  Oh yes, we also have the cake planned & wine purchased. I feel so lucky to have a few friends & family members who are helping with things.  But my plan is that other than photos & the day of planning, everyone who’s helping out can just sit & enjoy the day once it starts! 

Also, Two of my bridesmaids are pregnant & live far away so we’re going with mis-matched dresses & letting them choose on their own.  I know they may feel a little different in their bodies & I want them to feel comfortable.  My fiance thinks he can put everything off till the last minute & I wish he already had his suit picked!!  I’m having two “bridesmen” & they’re the type of guys who like to be prepared.  His guys will probably be even further behind.  I’m worried I’ll be in the rental place a few weeks before with a tape measurer figuring out what they need!!

Post # 7
58 posts
Worker bee

Congrats ladies. After reading your comments i feel so behind. I have the venue and i am meeting with my decorator next month.  i am doing a destination wedding so i feel so dettached from it all. I’ve been looking around for dresses and will make a deposit and the one i choose this weekend. Thats about it.:(

Post # 8
3092 posts
Sugar bee

@Amayansong:  Ohh good point!  We also have our honeymoon booked.  2 weeks in Punta Cana, DR.

@lovestoryvi:  Where is your DW?  I’m not sure if ours is Destination Wedding but we live in Seattle, WA and are planning our wedding in CA.  It’s so difficult…but that’s why we’ve done so much here…because I would literally lose my mind to have that little control over things LOL.

We will be hauling a lot of stuff so we’ll probably rent a uhaul…smh 🙂

Post # 11
66 posts
Worker bee

ahhh…I need to get going! I have photographer, venue/food/alcohol, a friend is taking our e-pics next week. STD coming in the mail today, got all the stamps..still need to find DJ, officiant, flowers and all the other stuff. Now I feel like I’m running out of time..lol. Oh, found the dress but need to go back and order it. Bridesmaid or Best Man dress shopping this weekend, hopefully they’ll find something. Starting playing around with invitation templates. >_<

Post # 12
815 posts
Busy bee

@madteaparty:  Hey, even more in common, I’m a musical theatre girl!  I do educational theatre for children.  I planned June 15th because June 7th is the end of our season 😉 

Post # 14
705 posts
Busy bee

Well… all of you make me feel gloriously behind! I have picked my dress though i have not ordered it yet. I have my STD’s, but havent sent them. I do have a venue, caterer and DJ… and about 1/2 of my Bridesmaid gifts done… That is it! … Dang and I thought that i was doing good… Now i am kind of in a panic!

Post # 15
325 posts
Helper bee

I can’t believe how fast time is flying by!  :

So far I have booked- Officiant, Venue, caterer, hair stylist, DJ, photographer, limo, florist, cake person

Sent STD’s out last month, am 1/2 done my DIY invitations, ordered my dress, bought the shoes/jewelery had an appt with a seamstress to have my reception dress made, Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses picked out, ordering in December, 1/2 done Bridesmaid or Best Man gifts, center pieces, table number holders, all linens, silverware, dinnerware etc have been purchased, favors are done… i think that’s it so far!

So much to do still and June is creeping up fast!

The topic ‘June 2013 Brides! What do you have done?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors