(Closed) June 2013 Brides-When are you registering?

posted 8 years ago in June 2013
Post # 17
1729 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

We began registering in the last few weeks and it’s been FUN!

Two reasons for this:

• It’s highly possible that our families will get things off of the registry for Christmas gifts.
  • We live in Atlanta and our wedding (and families) are in the Philly area, so most of our gifts will be shipped here instead of presented at the shower (we hope).

We’ve done Pottery Barn and Target and tomorrow I’m doing Macy’s. This one I’m doing with my mom because Fiance has no interest in china patterns Tongue Out

I love spending time in BBB and finding cool gadgets, but I’ve never liked buying gifts for friends registered there because I find them to be SUPER overpriced (and yes they have the coupons), and not worth the $…same stuff at Macy’s or Target for wayyy less.

Post # 18
17 posts
Newbee

We haven’t decided yet, but I might push to do it in December since I’d rather get registry gifts for Christmas (yeah for useful items!) and FI’s Bday is between Christmas and New Year’s…but I’m worried about discontinuing things we really want. Plus he’s still trying to wrap his head around people wanting to give us things and the volume of items we’ll have to register for (I have a HUGE family)

Post # 19
159 posts
Blushing bee

We went and registered a few months ago because it was something fun to check off the list. Mind you, I have not gone back to clean up/edit our registries since then… oopsie!!! We registered at Bloomingdale’s and Williams-Sonoma. We decided that since pretty much everyone we know will be fulfilling our gifts by online shopping, it didn’t matter how accessible the stores were. Plus, most of our friends are in major metropolitan areas, so neither of these stores should be too tough to get to!!!

Registering was fun for my FI- he used the little gun and scanned everything. I only got to scan one item because he was so into it 🙂

Post # 20
325 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@crystalrae:  I was undecided between C&B and The Bay, and I think we will go with They Bay.  Most everyone has one in their major malls, C&B aren’t at all mall/areas yet.  Also, I found TB to have more variety.  C&B has great stuff and I LOVE the store, but TB just has more to choose from and can outfit every room in your house!

I am planning on registering in Janary as well – it seems way too early still!

Post # 21
2141 posts
Buzzing bee

We were thinking around January. We really don’t need a lot of stuff, so we will most likely register for a honeymoon fund and then some small items at Macy’s and Bed Bath anx Beyond.

Post # 22
18 posts
Newbee

We are doing a HoneyFund, I’ve been with my Fiancé for 8yrs so we have just about everything we need although it would be nice to get a little help with the Honey Moon or Gift Cards to Home Depot as we have some DIY Home Improvement Projects planned. So with that in mind we created a HoneyFund and added the following Blur on our Website.

It’s hard to believe we’ve been together for over 8 years. We have our share of dishes and bedding and have chosen not to Register at any specific place. We appreciate any gift chosen from the heart. We’ve created an online Honeymoon Fund, where you are able to donate towards our Honeymoon Trip. The funds will be used to book the Hotel, Air Fare, Excursions and Romantic Dinners or if you’d like at the reception there will be a wishing well for donations towards future purchases. Most important we ask of you, your prayers of love and blessings.

Post # 23
1578 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013 - Country Club

We registered at Target already because his family always wants us to write down Christmas lists of what to get us… So we are just going to say to pick something off the registry if we ask. In January we are registering at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and Belk. (:

Post # 24
979 posts
Busy bee

We’re going tomorrow, but by we I mean my mom and I.  FI and I are long distance and he’s not very interested, so we’re going to Williams-Sonoma tomorrow! Yay!

Post # 25
137 posts
Blushing bee

We’re registering at Crate and Barrel and Macy’s. We both love to cook and have a LOT of the staples since we live together and merged our households (plus Fiance is very, very specific about his kitchen items since three members of his family are chefs) so registering has been…challenging in some ways. I’m worried if we don’t register for a good amount of things, people are going to buy us the most random crap…but that’s also where a HoneyFund could come in?

We also find ourselves going “#%*$ 150 bucks for a chip and dip tray?!?” or talking ourselves out of things that we don’t really need (aka Fiance talking me out of things we don’t really need or will never use.) I’m going to wear him down on the waffle maker. Oh yes, she will be mine. 

The topic ‘June 2013 Brides-When are you registering?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors