(Closed) june 2013 brides!!

posted 8 years ago in June 2013
Post # 17
97 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

My wedding date is June 1st as well! I’m soo excited it’s less than 6 months away!! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ We have everything booked and planned for the most part, even have our honeymoon booked! Now the date just needs to hurry up and get here. There’s one DIY project that I’m working on that I’ve been slacking with lately so I really have to get moving on that and we have to pick out the tux’s for the guys but that’s about it!! Happy planning! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 18
33 posts
Newbee

Yay!

We’ve got: venue (backyard), caterers x 2, tent, string trio, dj, photographer, officiant, friend making cake, save the dates out, 1 of 3 bridesmaid dresses, dress being made, groom’s suit..

Still to do: transportation, invitations, decorations, 2 more bridesmaid dresses, and figuring out diy flowers.

Anyone have thoughts on decorating of the actual tent?

Post # 21
286 posts
Helper bee

My date is June 22nd. We have all of the big stuff done thankfully! When one of my bridesmaids is home this month on break we will be going bridesmaids dress shopping. I already know what dress I will have them get, I just want them to try it on and figure out what sizes to order. Other than that I really just need to order table linens and put together the centerpieces. It does kind of stink to be so ahead of the game tho because now I feel like Im just waiting… lol Its going to be a long 6 months!! I am soooo looking forward to the wedding shower and bachlorette party tho! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 22
186 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

woo June brides! My wedding is June 23 and I feel like we almost have all of the big pieces done! 

We have done the following:

• Venue
  • Photography
  • My dress / shoes
  • Bridesmaid Dresses
  • Men’s suits
  • Ordered Save the Dates
  • Booked hotel rooms for family
  • Booked our honeymoon

We still need to do the following, Save-The-Date Cards being the top priority:

• Send Save the Dates
  • Finish desgining / print invites
  • Food + Cake tasting
  • Veil
  • Honeymoon excursions
  • Sign contract with our florist

For any brides that are hoping to get J Crew bridesmaid dresses, today there is a sale for 30% off orders of $250+. This allowed my BM’s to get their dresses for $175 each rather than $250- wohoo! 

Post # 23
951 posts
Busy bee

Mine’s June 21! I have all the major stuff out of the way (venue, cake, photographer, dress).

Now I’m just looking for accessories for the dress but I’ll be taking a break on planning until January.

Between January and the wedding I have to:

-send out invitations (April)
-decide on menu (April)
-book honeymoon flights and hotels (March)
-renew my passport!
-set up out of towner gift baskets
-order favors
-plan decor
-find a makeup artist
-book hotels for wedding night
-organize weekend events for out of town family (will wait 3 days before leaving for honeymoon)
-sort out music
-find a suit and accessories for groom
-pre film and set up transition shots and some intros for our wedding video to play at the reception
-find and order wedding bands 

I think that’s all. Seems like a lot but some of it is really easy! 

Post # 25
96 posts
Worker bee

Yay June brides! My wedding is June 8! Glad someone started this thread so I can make sure I’m where I need to be planning wise! I feel like there is so much to do still. 

We have this finished:

• booked venue (catering included)
  • booked photographer & videographer
  • booked dj
  • booked florist
  • booked hair/makeup
  • ordered dress
  • booked officiant

We still need to:

• find a cake baker & have tasting
  • order linens
  • order transportation to venue
  • decide on menu & have tasting
  • order bridesmaid dresses and mens tuxes
  • find accessories (veil, shoes, jewelry)
  • plan songs/music
  • plan ceremony
  • order favors
  • order save the dates

Yikes! Now that I look at it, that is a lot to do still!! 

Post # 26
398 posts
Helper bee

@mrsrecon:  I am also June 1st! I need to work on flowers, the guys outfits, the actual ceremony, and invites!

Post # 28
398 posts
Helper bee

Its funny because I just randomily picked a day lol but yes there are a ton of us!

Post # 29
300 posts
Helper bee

Mine’s June 15th, and I’m feeling really bad reading this thread….it’s much easier to list the things I have done than the things I haven’t.  It took me 8 months to set a date!  But, we have a venue, photographer, I have my dress, and I finally admitted I need professional help and hired a planner, so hopefully we can get the ball rolling on some of that other stuff.  Like food.

Post # 31
97 posts
Worker bee

All those projects will come together at the end though, *hopefully* ๐Ÿ™‚ We have our venue booked for the rehearsal dinner, the time picked, style (we’re doing buffet for rehearsal dinner and plated for reception) we just have to pick the food that we want. Our venue wants us to wait until Jan/Feb. I can’t wait, sooo excited!!!

The topic ‘june 2013 brides!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors