(Closed) June 2013 brides…have you done your e-pics?! TIPS/ADVICE?!

posted 6 years ago in June 2013
Post # 3
25 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Congrats! We just did ours last Tuesday, on the beach/pier at sunset. I was a little nervous because I am a photographer and letting someone else take control and trusting that they would do a good job was pretty tough for me! But it went so well and I am truly estatic about the way they turned out.

I really wanted our pics to look like us, so I did my hair like normal, did a little more makeup than usual so you would actually be able to see it in the pics, and wore a dress that I already had. I guess it depends on what you are trying to achieve with your pics, and where you are having them taken. I was nervous about what I chose to wear, how my hair was, etc. But once I saw them, and how happy we look in them, all that just didn’t matter anymore πŸ™‚

If you are curious, here is a link to my e-pic gallery. Sunset was not completely there due to clouds but still a gorgeous sky!

Good luck to you! My best advice is relax, enjoy, and have fun. It will show in your pics!

Post # 5
385 posts
Helper bee

We had ours done a little over a month ago.  We had ours taken in the morning because it was so hot in the evening, but you should be good weather wise now!

Here’s some of our pics.

I bought a couple of dresses, did a little bit more to my hair, and put on extra makeup. 

Just have fun with it and be yourself!  We had a great time doing ours. πŸ™‚

Post # 6
613 posts
Busy bee

@HeLovesDogs:   We had our e-session done in June at a local beach at 7 in the evening. I was nervous too, but we ended up having a blast with the photographers! A big bonus was the fact that they were able to capture the scenery, emotions and our true selves beautifully.

We had the option of having 2 outfits, but we just opted for one outfit. Fi wore cargo shorts, white button down and flip flops.  I wore a white sundress, sandals, had my hair and makeup professionally done (had the makeup artist use fake eyelashes as a trial to see if I wanted to use them for our wedding day).

My advice would be to take photos in a few of your selected outfits just to get an idea if you like the outfits or not.

Good luck and don’t be nervous!! πŸ™‚

Post # 7
175 posts
Blushing bee

We had ours done last week. I freaked out about the session for about a month before. Bought like, 3 outfits, took my fiancé shopping (which he hates) several times, tried to think of a million cute/fun picture ideas. I stressed out SO bad that I had to drink a few glasses of wine. I was just so nervous! Anyway, the photographer came really late and we didn’t have very much sunlight left at all-I’m talking 15 minutes of light. She said if we didn’t like the pictures, we could redo them. I’m pretty mad about that seeing how I went nuts trying to book a day with her then she shows up late. Argh.

So, anyway, when the pictures were being taken I really relaxed. All the worrying wasn’t worth the time. I just wish we had more sunlight!

Just have fun and be yourself! It is pretty fun.

Post # 10
112 posts
Blushing bee

We were supposed to have ours this weekend but had to reschedule because I had a bad cold/fever and didn’t want to be all snotty in our pics!  But I wasn’t ready, still stressing about what to wear!

Post # 11
1297 posts
Bumble bee

Here are ours!

Best of luck with yours…taking the photos ended up being a lot easier and much more fun than I had thought it would be πŸ™‚

Post # 13
26 posts
Newbee

I just barely scheduled mine for beginning of November. I wanted to do it on the same date as myhair/makeup trial and it was hard scheduling a date that worked with everyone. Can’t wait!

Post # 14
76 posts
Worker bee

We’ve already done a couple engagement shoots (one really casual one where he proposed, a couple days after we got engaged) and one a couple months later. These were both with the same photographer but we’re not able to hire her for the wedding, so we’re going to do a winter engagement shoot during Christmas break with our wedding photographer. This was optional but I really want to get to know our photographer and his style before the actual wedding.

Post # 15
137 posts
Blushing bee

We’re doing ours at the end of October. I’m really excited! In hindsight, we probably should have done them earlier since I now kind of want to send our Save-The-Date Cards out in December…but oh well. 

I think I’m going to go with a dress and boots since it will be chilly here in New England, do my makeup and potentially get my hair did for the day. I have really fine, flat hair and the thought of trying to make it pretty will definitely stress me out. Just a tip – if you have an Aveda School near you, they’ll do a shampoo, blow dry and style for like 14 bucks!!

How long did it take for your photographer to turn around the pictures and get them back to you?

Post # 16
1030 posts
Bumble bee

@ED13:  We are also doing our e-shoot end of October.  A part of me wishes I would’ve set it up for this month BUT I do want that fall-look in the background so I will keep the date as is.  Friends of ours are using the same photographer as us and took their e-pics last week.  They received their proofs back this week so the turn around time with our photographer is pretty quick. 

The topic ‘June 2013 brides…have you done your e-pics?! TIPS/ADVICE?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors