(Closed) June 2013 Brides…We screwed up on invites!!!

posted 6 years ago in June 2013
Post # 3
278 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Um… I don’t even HAVE my invites yet. Let alone address. I’ve read sending them 8 weeks before (i.e. 2 more months from now) should be fine. You’re EARLY.

Post # 4
342 posts
Helper bee

I understand what yo mean about just wanting them out. I did a test mailing that I sent to me and my mom. They both came in crumpled, like an accordian! But by then we had already done all the work and I just wanted them out – so I totally feel you on that.

Sucks that you had to cover up some pretty caaligraphy and that it isn’t happening in the time you planned. It’l all work out in the end! Good luck!

Post # 5
1083 posts
Bumble bee

Oh no! Sorry that happened to you! Fortunately you came up with a quick fix. We don’t even have our invites yet!

Post # 6
17 posts
Newbee
Post # 7
17 posts
Newbee

@Beezysbreezy:  I am sending my invitations out in a couple weeks, and I am also doing a couple test runs. I am so terrified they’re going to get crumpled in the mail like you said!! How did you send them? What do your envelopes look like?

Post # 8
342 posts
Helper bee

@eda6713:  I used A9 (5.75″ x 8.75″) purple envelopes from cards and pockets. I think what threw the mail machine off was the fact that I tied the invitations together with some twine. I read a really good post on here about the mail machines, and how even if you request hand cancelling, they will go through a machine at some point in time. So, I decided if they were crumpled, I’d tell people we’re in Florida and we wanted it to look like water? lol. Luckily no one has said they had any issues and I know people have received them – I’ve seen pictures.  Do a test or three, but its one of those things, IMO, you can’t control – unless hand delivered. Good luck!!!

Here is the post: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/post-office-ruining-my-invites#axzz2Ln9HteRV

The topic ‘June 2013 Brides…We screwed up on invites!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors