(Closed) June 2013: RSVP Thread

posted 6 years ago in June 2013
Post # 3
217 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

We are sending ours out at the end of the month.  Inviting approximately 200 and hoping for 160, or a little less!  I am very, very excited to send them out and then start getting all the rsvp mail!  I love mail!!!

Post # 4
268 posts
Helper bee

Yay! We sent out invitations last week. We invited 117 and are hoping for 100 or under. We’ve heard back from 25 people already! 6 no, 21 yes! We also asked people to use the back side of the card for “marriage advice, whimsical doodles, flattering caricatures, or well wishes” (stolen from Mrs. Lioness’ invitations). No drama yet, and hope it stays that way! (I know we will have to track people down though)

Only about half of the replys actually put something on the back, but the ones we’ve gotten have been so fun!

Post # 5
979 posts
Busy bee

@radishtime:  hahaha I love the “buy a dog” advice!

Post # 6
766 posts
Busy bee

Sending ours out on Wednesday of next week. Not expecting a lot of drama…

Sending out 198 hoping for 150.

Post # 7
543 posts
Busy bee

I am mailing my invitations out in a week or so!

i only have about 32 invitations! about 72 people total (and 12 of them are toddlers!)

small wedding for us πŸ™‚

Post # 8
879 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@radishtime:  Such a great idea!

It has been nonstop packages and letters for me too! I am sending mine out next week. Invited 254, hoping for 200 lol. my side of the family is not used to the RSVP method so I am thinking I may need to call a few relatives in the upcoming month…

Post # 9
384 posts
Helper bee

I haven’t gotten my invited in yet. I just ordered them 2 days ago πŸ™‚ But we are only have 10 people..immediate family only..So I’m pretty sure everyone will attend πŸ™‚ We really didn’t need invites, but I wanted to do everything by the book πŸ™‚ 

Post # 10
325 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013 - Piney River Ranch

Sending in 3-4 weeks or so…

Inviting just under 125, hoping for around 75-80 (air travel, hotels, etc. is required for 90% of our guests).  Don’t expect any invite drama.

Can’t wait to send them out and start getting RSVPs back!

Post # 11
337 posts
Helper bee

we are sending our rsvp out sometime this week.we are inviting about 80 and hoping for 60 to come.

im probly doing a few no no’s on my invites/rsvp but if you knew my family you would to.

no children,so it will say an adult ceremony and wedding.

all of them know anyway from our save the dates)but i have to make sure i stress it again or ill have more kids then adults.plus the save the dates were sent out end of january so they have plenty of time to find sitters.

also im doing the (2 seats are reserved,with their name)

im also thinking about writing ivitation only?(only on certain invites,(my family)because they just love to bring their friends like 1 to 3 of them everywere they go.and do it everytime i have a party,any kind of party,ugggggghhhhhhhh.

my family is also very good at saying they will be there and not show up.

so on my rsvp (or on a seperate note paper)? i will state that i will assume that if i dont recive the rsvp card or a personal phone call by said date,we will assume you are not comming and not have a seat or dinner plate for you,we will not exspect you to show up.

(i dont feel like i should pay $80(per person) for their dinner and drinks if i dont recive an rsvp back,so i will not include them and if they show up anyway,they will not have a seat reserved for them.

im stressed over the invitations/rsvp because of the above reasons,they are a few family members i really dont even want to come,but it one of those things were i have to invite to keep the peace.

i wont put all the above on all invites or rsvp,just to those few ignorant family members.

i refuse to chase people down to get a rsvp response.

we are spending to much money on them to begin with.i rather have the people who care enough to send back their rsvp or give me a call on time at my wedding,the ones who cant take the time to send us back the rsvp or call by said date,i do not want them comming anyway.

sorry,im stressed πŸ™

Post # 12
337 posts
Helper bee

but i am excited to recive my rsvp in the mail lol πŸ™‚

and so glad to see quite a few june friends here♥

Post # 13
1274 posts
Bumble bee

Just mailing mine today! 139 invite. Anticipating pretty much that! Can’t wait to get cards in the mail. Last night as we were addressing them I had to wrestle the ones for my mom and sister from their hands. They’re waiting impatiently for them in the mail ahhaa.

Post # 15
234 posts
Helper bee

I just ordered our envelopes because the ones that came free with our invites were very cheap and looked the part.. so as soon as those are in and addressed, out they go! We are inviting 229 and expecting a little over 100. I’m excited!

Post # 16
613 posts
Busy bee

W are sending our invites out in the next 4 weeks!!!

The topic ‘June 2013: RSVP Thread’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors