(Closed) June 2013: what's on your to-do list for March?

posted 5 years ago in June 2013
Post # 3
1729 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

March is pretty light for me.

Just sending the invitations at the end of the month.

April is when things start to go crazy.

Post # 4
1030 posts
Bumble bee

We completed our pre-cana weekend.  We are sitting down with the Deacon next week to go over our FOCUUS test results and do a quick run down of the ceremony and readings etc.  I approved the final sample of our invitations today so I should have those bad boys in my hand end of month … cannot wait to mail them out!

@phillybride61513:  Your absolutely right … April is when things will start to get crazy! 

Post # 5
1729 posts
Bumble bee

@xdaydreams05x:  For April so far I have:

Shower/bachelorette #1 (which requires traveling to Philly)

Hair/makeup trial

Fitting # 2

Starting to get RSVP’s back and organized

Get day-of materials going with letterpress vendor

Music (church and DJ)

Accessories

Trying to finish paying this craziness off

…throw in a crazy work schedule and a 4 day trip to Vegas for work (not bad, though!) that’s only 4 days before I go home for the shower…

Post # 6
286 posts
Helper bee

March has so far been very hectic as we just bought a house yesterday. lol But on my list for this month is (hopefully)

• Order linens
  • Pick out and order bouquet
  • Have 2nd dress fitting to see how alterations are going
  • Get invitations labeled and ready to be sent out

April and May will be really busy for me and then the bridal shower and bachelorette parties are in June. We’re getting close!!!

Post # 7
1130 posts
Bumble bee

• Address and send out invites
  • Put together bridesmaid/groomsmen gifts
  • Figure out ceremony readings and music (detail stuff too like decor v. let it be since the church is so pretty)
  • First fitting on Sunday, then the follow up fittings
  • Update registries
  • Figure out what we’re doing about table numbers
  • Songs for reception (everything from first dance to play/don’t play list)
  • Bachelorette party in May!

I’m sure there’s more, but it’s mostly little details that I don’t care that much about in the grand scheme of things. Also, we’re moving back to CA in May, so I’m actually more worried about that!

Post # 8
137 posts
Blushing bee

• Handed over bridal shower things to my sister/MOH for shower in April 
  • Meeting with reverend next week to go over ceremony
  • Meeting with florist this weekend to finalize everything/deposit
  • Shopping with my mom this weekend for a dress for her (fingers crossed we find something off the rack at Macy’s!)
  • Finalizing and ordering invitations with Future Mother-In-Law (who’s also organizing the entire rehearsal dinner/decor and wants it to be a surprise. I’m trying to let my type A-OCD self just be fine with it, but I want DETAILS!! Luckily she has great taste :)). 
  • Put down a deposit on our wedding bands! I think that one will be my favorite! 

@LLRininger:  congrats on your house!! I’ve had so many friends go through the process recently and I can only imagine how busy you are doing house + wedding planning! 

Post # 9
286 posts
Helper bee

@ED13:  Ugh… I dont want to even talk about what a hassle buying a house is!!! Our closing got delayed from Friday to Monday when we had PERFECT beautiful weather over the weekend and it Poured down rain on monday while we were moving. THEN we woke up this morning to no heat or hot water!! The gas company cant get there until tomorrow to turn the gas back on and someone has to be there to let them in but they will only give me a 4 hour window not a specific time or smaller time window! Not like we both work or anything… Not to mention the fact that I laid wide wake all night last night listening to every little sound the house made convinced that we were going to get robbed our first night there even with a security system! lol Im just a little tired and fussy today. :p

Post # 10
137 posts
Blushing bee

@LLRininger:  Haha! Oh no! My friend closed on her house and moved in during December (in the midst of freezing New England weather) and discovered that the inspector had missed a GIANT crack in one of the pipes in the basement. It was so big she could fit her hand in it!! Really….how do you miss that?! Hopefully this week is better for you πŸ™‚ 

Post # 11
438 posts
Helper bee

I just ordered our invitations so that was a huge check

-Finalize registry (MOH sending invites out April 1st)

-Pick out the last of my accessories (earrings)

-Tell Fiance we need to start looking at bands for him!

-pick out bridesmaids jewelry and shoes

-order table numbers/rehearsal dinner invites

-have my second fitting scheduled for 3/23

-start putting together ceremony components (already have processional/recessional order just need content of ceremony)

If I can do this I’ll be happy! I feel like April will be CRAZY!

Post # 12
3092 posts
Sugar bee

I think we’re in good shape.  Next week is spring break so there will definitely be some serious wedding time.

But otherwise, this month we plan to make the programs, finalize guest count, finalize contracts with vendors and make all payments.  We also need to inventory everything and get it packed and read for the trip to CA.  I think the dum dum groomsmen still need to figure out their suit situation…I’ll have more time next week to bug Fiance about it πŸ™‚

Post # 13
268 posts
Helper bee

not much this month. i have a fitting and an appt with the venue tomorrow (re: beverage details) and we’ve started working on vows but other than that I can’t do much more till April

Post # 14
396 posts
Helper bee

I’ve taken a break from wedding stuff the last few weeks with midterms and my daughters birthday so I’m happy to get back in the swing of things!

-Finish the parts to the invitations

-BM’s are coming this weekend to help me assemble the invites!

-Start working on printing and assembling the programs (Bought materials for 150 for now, will make more if needed after RSVPs come in)

That should be all for this month!

Post # 15
4687 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2013 - Upstate NY

Nothing really except messed with this thing for my ceremony:

If you’ve seen my previous “what have you done” posts, I went bat-shit crazy last Mar- this Feb doing stuff and I’m super busy at work so taking the month off!

The topic ‘June 2013: what's on your to-do list for March?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors