(Closed) June 2013: When are you sending your save the dates?

posted 6 years ago in June 2013
Post # 3
2854 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@ButterflyKisses13:  We are getting married 5/26/13 and will probably get the Save the Dates out by September – but most of the people who have to travel long distances are already aware of the date

Post # 4
325 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013 - Piney River Ranch

I sent mine out on Monday.  Probably 90% of our guests are coming in from out of town for the wedding, so we wanted to give them as much time as possible to make travel arrangements.  I don’t see anything wrong with sending them out earlier than the suggested 9 month mark.  Nothing wrong with too much time, in my opinion.

Post # 5
1544 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Probably mid to late August ideally. It will be 9.5 months out then. I’ve got a few things to do before then. Actually if i was smart i’d plan to have it ready to DIY for when my Future Mother-In-Law comes down for a visit in August so i’m not the only one putting 100 STD’s together. lol

Post # 6
4099 posts
Honey bee

I’m May of ’13 but I’ll be sending mine as soon as we get our e-photos taken and back.. (Probably within the next few weeks)

Post # 7
4 posts
Wannabee

We’ve sent about 50% of our std for our 1st June wedding – we’re 80% Out of Town (and country – lots of international guests) so we need to send them early.

Post # 8
3471 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2012 - The Gables Inn, Santa Rosa, CA

6-9 months in advance is best– more than that and people wont pay much attention, less than that and you may as well wait to send the invite at 2-4 months in advance. 

Post # 9
879 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I’ve always read 6 months before. We don t have too many out of town guests, so we’re aiming for beginning of November to avoid the holiday mail rush.

Post # 10
268 posts
Helper bee

I was originally planning to send them sometime between august and november, But we have since decided not to send them at all. Save-The-Date Cards are a relatively new thing (i would be willing to bet none of our parents sent them) and I have heard from recently married friends on another blog that their guests just seemed more confused by them than anything (i got your card?….is this the invitation? am I supposed to do anything? Rsvp or something?…) So instead we are just going to call the few relatives that need to make travel arrangements personally and say “Hey, I just wanted to make sure you had our wedding date on your calendar!”

That is going to happen…whenever Fiance gets around to it because all of my family is local lol

Post # 11
979 posts
Busy bee

We’re having engagement pics done late August so I’m thinking we’ll send Save-The-Date Cards in October or November, depending on when we get pics back, Save-The-Date Cards printed, and have time to get addresses.

Post # 12
76 posts
Worker bee

Our wedding is 30th June and we sent out STD this week! The main reason being that we are having a Sunday wedding and everyone is traveling from out of town, so people need to be aware of the dates to book leave etc. We are sending actual invites maybe end of Feb/March time…

Post # 13
226 posts
Helper bee

Our wedding is Friday June 14 of next year. I am planning on sending them latest by October. 

We need to get our engagement pictures done.

Post # 14
342 posts
Helper bee

We took our e-pics in May and the STD’s were completed and printed in June. Tomorrow we are going to look at the hotel and set up the block and then we can send them out. They are postcards.. So hopefully mid to late next week!

Post # 15
31 posts
Newbee

Our wedding is June 23 2013, and I’ve just ordered our STD’s.
I will probably send them out as soon as I receive them from the printer as most of our guests are from out of town and quite a few are travelling internationally. Although most are already aware of our date, this makes it seem more official.

Post # 16
426 posts
Helper bee

We’re currently working on it.  They’re all printed, but we had a little Post Office snafu that my mom is trying to sort out.

The topic ‘June 2013: When are you sending your save the dates?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors