(Closed) June 2013 brides… this is your VENT thread!

posted 5 years ago in June 2013
Post # 3
268 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Oh there have been some guest list stresses for SURE! Future Father-In-Law thought it was okay to keep adding people to it without asking us first! fortunately we got that all sorted out.

Now I’m just annoyed that people arent sending back their RSVPs. they are due may first and we are still missing SO MANY. I just wanna know who is coming already.

Also, people arent booking in the hotel block which I’m worried about cause we need 10 rooms booked in the block to get the shuttle we’ve been promising everybody. *sigh*

Post # 4
3429 posts
Sugar bee

Getting really tired of people reminding me that I’m getting married in 62 days! Duh! Trust me a holes, I haven’t forgotten.

Also, stop watching and commenting about what I put into my mouth…not everyone needs to be a size 0 to feel beautiful On their wedding day. 

finally, I just wish SOMEONE..anyone would have the f’ing common courtesy to ask me if I need help…planning this wedding instead of asking me for favors. a simple how are you doing would suffice. Gawd!

Post # 5
496 posts
Helper bee

My wedding party has been wonderful, family drama has been mostly non-existant, guests all RSVP’d properly… almost too good to be true!

Wait. It WAS too good to be true!

I had a custom dress made (can be seen in previous posts), and it arrived 2.5 weeks ago. (I placed my order with this Etsy seller in December.)

It. Is. Awful.  

Even my male family members/friends who have seen it say they wouldn’t even wear it as a costume if they were dressing as a crossdresser for Halloween. Poorly made, about 6 sizes too large, and not at all what I asked for. Working on a refund now (I will make a post about the seller after I receive my ‘partial’ refund.) What angered me the most about this was that my Mom (who is ill with MS, CHF and a few other things) paid for the dress, with money that she had been putting away for some time (from her disability). Grrrrrrrr!!!! %$^%!!!

So, I had to re-work the budget and find another dress! I was worried that I wouldn’t find anything, being plus sized (my 38I boobs being the biggest obstacle) with a $1000 budget. I bawled my eyes out for a day, and then started calling bridal salons! Luckily I found a pretty dress at DB that should arrive in two weeks! Phew! Hopefully there are no snafoos with this dress. As everyone feels the need to remind me: “Only 40 Days! Not much time left!”

Post # 6
7206 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@Birdi:  It’s so rude that people are commenting about what you eat! I sure wish someone would help me out too. Seems like everyone has a suggestion about something else I should add on to my to-do list but I feel like I’m never going to get anything done! 

On the plus side it looks like we won’t go over budget, we will hit it almost exactly. However, I was kind of hoping to be below it. Maybe I’m just a Debbie Downer. 

Anyone else having nightmares about stuff going wrong?

Post # 7
342 posts
Helper bee

Biggest vent: RSVP’s! I swear, the stream, that turned to a steady trickle, has now stopped completely! And there are still 37 people I need to hear from, which is
64 people. I know for a fact they aren’t all coming, but it’d be really nice to hear one way or another.

Post # 8
234 posts
Helper bee

@BakeosaurusRex:  I am SO SORRY about your sweet mom’s money being abused that way. Totally teared up at the thought of a sweet little mom saving away for the dress ๐Ÿ™

And honestly, I haven’t had any hang-ups YET… Money has been pouring in left and right (God is GOOD!) and everything seems to be going well. I bet as we get closer, it will get a little more stressful. I can tell already that the RSVPS are going to tick me off. Lol 

Post # 9
724 posts
Busy bee

@Beezysbreezy:  Ugh…I would kill for 37 people left to hear from.

I am currently waiting to hear from 283 people.  That includes both parties in couples as well as children so it’s not quite as many as it seems but still.  Just RSVP PLEASE people!  ARgghhh…

Post # 10
449 posts
Helper bee

Uh, the guest list for sure is one. Who to invite, who not to invite. How to invite one person without inviting the other. Our original guest list was no where near good enough apparently.  I’m really terrified the only people that will show up to the wedding are the “We have to invite them to be nice although we’d really rather just not…” and none of the others. 

Yesterday my FI’s Best Man backed out which is so stressful. Fiance was this guy’s best man and now this guy is claiming he can’t afford to travel (which is also no fair since he’s known about this for OVER a year…but whatever) 

My sister. OMG. She turned 18 this year and has been the cause of so much stress. I won’t get into it all, but I just really hope she shows up. 

@MrsBeck:  

I have wedding nightmares ALL the time. One about having the cermony in my parents bathroom, among other strange things. 

The other night though I finally had a good one. All it was was Fiance and I after our ceremony, after we were married. Just sitting alone being married. It was so nice ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 11
20 posts
Newbee

@MrsBeck I have so many wedding nightmares its terrible! Never have anything ready in any of them and wake up feeling terrible!

The only real snag we have run into is when i printed all my invites and realized there was a typo on them, had a small meltdown and got over it. Like everybody said if that is the worst thing that happens the day will be pretty awesome ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 12
1497 posts
Bumble bee

I have done nearly EVERYTHING myself, except get the bridal party outfits. I am a full-time grad student in my first semester, working part-time, and planning everything myself!

I have to call and make appointments with my vendors, none of whom live close to me, and am getting really stressed out, I have been stuffing my face this past week, even though my dress is supposed to arrive next week.

I can’t really blame anyone for not helping, because no one besides my matron of honor has ever had or dealt with a wedding. She recently asked if I wanted a bridal shower, but I have a tiny family and all my best friends live far away (most on the other side of the world). So I’m really bummed that I have no engagement party, bridal shower, or bachelorette party.

It really doesn’t help that I keep hearing about my FI’s cousin’s million-dollar wedding that will be happening just a few months after our small one.

And to top it all off, I’m taking intensive summer courses, so I will be studying during my wedding week and honeymoon. ๐Ÿ™

Thanks for this thread, it feels good to just let that all out!

Post # 13
3429 posts
Sugar bee

@MrsBeck:  It’s mainly people at work that comment about the food. Par for the course with those crazies.lol! 

@everyheart:  That’s sad that no one lives close enough to help you:(  If it makes you feel any better, most of my bridal party lives close with the exception of two girls and I’m not having a shower or bachelorette party either. And not one of them has asked if I needed help. Rude huh? 

Post # 14
722 posts
Busy bee

Unfortunately, I’m the indecisive one…boo! The fact that people are taking lightyears to RSVP, is driving me nuts! I guess because I send back right away, I feel everyone else would/should…..totally not the case, at all. and I’m sure I have a list a mile long of things I need to do, but I’m dragging my feet to even make the list!

Post # 15
7206 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@littlemiss511:  I agree about the rsvps! Or deadline isn’t for a couple weeks but I don’t understand why people don’t fill it out and send it back right away! They got a save the date so they should know if they can make it. I just hope we don’t have to chase to many people down after the deadline!

Post # 16
1729 posts
Bumble bee

@MrsBeck:  +1. We got a bunch in the beginning, but it’s slowed drastically.

I’m also stressing about filling the 2 room blocks. Some people chose to book at a different hotel (we have 2 options at 2 price points)…so we may not hit our quota!

The topic ‘June 2013 brides… this is your VENT thread!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors