(Closed) June 2013 brides… this is your VENT thread!

posted 7 years ago in June 2013
Post # 47
1130 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Oh man, the RSVPs for sure. People adding people, not putting their name on the RSVP card, so I know someone wants salmon, but WHO ARE YOU!!??

Rehearsal dinner, that was all kinds of drama I don’t even want to get into.

Mostly everything has been okay though besides the occassional wedding nightmare that things aren’t done, but I’m also moving in less than 2 weeks from DC to CA, so that’s way more pressing right now. Yikes.

Post # 48
979 posts
Busy bee

Oh I have another vent to add!  We debated between which Courtyard Marriott to do our room block at, we opted for the one we did (A) because it was a few minutes closer to the venue.  Hotel B was a bit farther away but offered their bar/lounge space for an after party.  Hotel A did not offer this but told us that there is Ruby Tuesday in the same parking lot that does after parties.  We book the block and go on our merry way..

Well now Ruby Tuesday is saying they won’t do after parties anymore because they had some bad experiences last year. ughh!  There aren’t really other places super close to the hotel and I don’t want a bunch of drunk people driving to our after party so we are kind of stuck.

Oh, and we just double checked prices – the rooms at hotel B are cheaper than our block at A.  Kicking myself right now!  I don’t want the party to end at 11!

Post # 49
748 posts
Busy bee

1) RSVPs! We’re waiting on 5 more people. I keep asking and keep getting a “Oh yeah, we still have to check our schedule” B*tch, you had weeks..either you’re coming or you aren’t! GRRRRRRRRRRR.This Saturday they are getting a “We’re taking your lack of response as a decline. Sorry we’ll miss you” letter. I’ve had it!

2) I have to have surgery 3 weeks before my wedding. Just what every bride wants right?

3) I went so far as to pay for my father’s tux because he’s having money problems and he STILL hasn’t gone to get fitted and he’s the ONLY one in the wedding party that hasn’t and he lives 10 minutes from the tux place. WTF.

4) I gave my debit card info to my baker for my grooms’ cake 3 weeks ago and she has not charged the card even though she said she’d charge me the next day and destroy my card info. She also isn’t responding to email or phone calls.

Post # 50
175 posts
Blushing bee

Time lines! I need timelines! And no one seems to understand WHY! Im having a hell of a time creating my day-of itinerary, then the grooms day-of itinerary, and the reception timeline. i have never done this before, organizing so many venders and people is really freaking frustrating! EPS when no one wants to JUST COOPERATE and do things the way I’m asking them to do them! if you have a better idea, HELP ME, don’t just try and change everything Ive been working my a** off to even get started and tell me how you don’t understand why i need you to be at xyz place at xyz time and do xyz when you get there! JUST DO IT! OR HELP ME PLEASE! SHARE YOUR BRILLIANT ALTERNATIVES! UGH! 

#endrant

Oh, and thanks for the venting thread, lol

Post # 51
525 posts
Busy bee

My vent: seating charts and timelines. I’ve spent two or three hours now working on a seating chart… everytime I move people around, I end up with a table that is almost empty. And if I send you an e-mail and say “Would you rather sit with your siblings or your friends?” I mean PICK ONE.” If someone could decide, then I could fix up the seating chart and finish this darn thing.

As for timelines: if I say we are doing pictures at this time, that means that YES I want the makeup to be basically done by then. It’s not rocket science people. And, when I say there will be dancing until 12:30am… that means there will be dancing until 12:30 am, not 10 or 10:30pm. Sheesh. As for what time I will throw the bouquet, no I’m not going to schedule that down to the minute in some timeline. I’m going to spur of the moment say to the DJ, “we’re tossing the bouquet” and he’ll play the song. I’m also not going to waste my time planning when vendors arrive for setup. They’ve all done this before then, I give you the venue info, I tell you when the ceremony starts and reception, you work it out. Not my job people!

Post # 52
1004 posts
Bumble bee

here my vent for the day….still have one bridesmaid that has not purchased her dress.

Yeah, its awesome right? lol *sigh*

Also one of my biggest issues is between jobs, kids, wedding planning and a major move 3 weeks ago (which we are still finishing up) I seriously wish we would have gone to vegas. I’m so over the wedding thing right now, it hardly seems like any of it has been worth it. And my to-do list has about 18 items left on it (and I have 23 days left).

Post # 54
3423 posts
Sugar bee

@beautifulmama28:  Totally feel you right now except I have to move into FI’s house after our wedding and haven’t packed a damn thing! LOl I can’t tell you how many times I wanted to just say F this lets go to Vegas . it’ll be over soon:) can’t you enlist the help of your BM’s? Mine have done nothing to date. 

Post # 55
1004 posts
Bumble bee

@Birdi:  not really….only one lives close (three total) my moh is my daughter, actually she might be able to help some…but the one that lives close hasn’t even gotten her dress yet, she’s been telling me for 3 months that she was going to do it *this week*. lol

I’m seriously about to scrap about half the plans I had and call it a day, I am beyond stressed….hoping I feel better by next week, I have the 3rd dress fitting but still have to go back for one more apparently. 

Its good to know I’m not the only one that Vegas looks appealing to this close to the big day LOL

Post # 56
3423 posts
Sugar bee

@beautifulmama28:  haha I think it’s wonderful your daughter is your Maid/Matron of Honor my daughter is a Bridesmaid or Best Man 🙂 At this point it’s not worth stressing over projects, I’d pick the ones you really feel passionately about and scrap the rest. I recently read a thread that brides wished they wouldn’t have gone into such great detail over planning because it wasn’t worth it:)  no you’re not alone I’m here with ya!

Post # 57
385 posts
Helper bee

I’ve been on the verge of screaming the past 24 hours!

Fiance doesn’t understand why we need a final count… SGQWEFNJAOWEInEOGNI!!!11 Are you serious? We are DIY’ing almost everything and are renting a tent, tables, chairs etc. We ended up inviting more people than we originally thought we would, and we need to get the amount of everything changed. And our wedding is on one of the busiest wedding weekends of the year for this area.  FI keeps putting off contacting guests who need to rsvp (on his side), but when I ask for contact info to get a hold of these people myself he acts aggravated with me and says he will get to it. I have just told him it is just stressing me out having all of this stuff hanging over my head that needs to be done.

He just landed a huge contract for his company and will be working super long hours probably through the end of June. It is great, but I wish it had come at a different time.  I haven’t asked him to do much.  *sigh* I just need a head number!!!!

Post # 58
1004 posts
Bumble bee

@Birdi:  thank you! I need to hear this….I thought I had scaled back, not doing a ton, and lots of it was already done weeks ago, but your totally right, I probably need to re-evaluate 😉

Post # 59
396 posts
Helper bee

@beautifulmama28:  Oh I’ve had many moments where I just wished we would have gone somewhere and got married on a beach! I hope things get better and your Bridesmaid or Best Man gets on the ball and gets her dress!!

Post # 60
449 posts
Helper bee

@beautifulmama28:  This is one of my problems too! Also, the wedding is in Texas and she lives in Kentucky. She says she still doesn’t know how she’s getting here….

Then I have another bridesmaid who is being wierd all the sudden. Who knows if she’ll come.  Ugh, just a mess. 

Also, like so many others, the RSVPs. I made it SOOOO easy for these people. I gave them a stamped envelope with our address on it. All they had to do was write a name and check yes or no. Then stick it in the mailbox. OR even eaiser, GO ONLINE. I gave them two ways to RSVP and I’m still tracking down like 20 people. It’s giving me a headache. 

Like erincredible said, we’re DIY’ing almost everything, including the food. I really dont’ want to spend hundreds of dollars on food for people who may or may not show up. 

We’re leaving for Missouri in a week for my little sister’s graduation and would really like to not be worrying about this then. 

Also, I’d like to thank this thread for giving me someplace to rant. I’m sure Fiance is tired of hearing it, haha

Post # 61
3423 posts
Sugar bee

@beautifulmama28:  Just do what you can and screw the rest…LOL! that’s been my motto for at least a month! 

The topic ‘June 2013 brides… this is your VENT thread!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors