(Closed) June 2013 brides… this is your VENT thread!

posted 7 years ago in June 2013
Post # 62
28 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2013

OMG, I’m so happy I found this vent thread and that others have similar issues as me!

My number 1 vent — MY SISTER BRIDESMAIDS!  They live down south – Im in the NE — however, they never call to ask how I’m doing, if I need help, want to talk, etc.  Instead, my middle sister spams me for a month straight with pictures of shoes and is so worried about picking the perfect shoes, that it’s all she cares about.  The oldest sister, who is a mean toad and is a Bridesmaid or Best Man only out of family obligations, told me she was ACCOMADTING me by picking out a dress in the color I wanted.  Seriously?  Then she proceeded to tell me that by forcing her to make her long dress knee length (everyone knew I wanted knee length), that I was selfish and want all my BMs to look bad.  Sister BMs are driving me crazy!!

Post # 63
525 posts
Busy bee

@lealorali:  No kidding lol. Ignore the e-mails, seriously. If no one starts jumping up and down that some tables have more people than others, I think I am finally done. We have some tables of 8, some of 7, and some of 6. Weird, but it works out.

@erincredible:  I feel your pain. My fiance didn’t understand final head count either. Why do we need to know that? Oh I don’t know… so we have the right number of tables, linens, wine, food, chairs, alcohol, etc.

Post # 64
484 posts
Helper bee

I just had to organize my own bachelorette party about hearing for over a year that my BMs are going to do it and that it was going to be awesome. 5 weeks left before the wedding, nothing organized… I’m so not waiting around any longer for something to happen!

Now I’m being accused of not talking to one of my BMs because she stood me up for a coffee and then got upset when I didn’t want to meet her an hour later afterall because I had a meeting to get to! This really sucks. Feeling pretty lonely right now in what should be a happy smiley time.

Post # 66
1 posts
Wannabee

Well i hate my bridal party, my fiance got the bright idea of chooseing all his brothers and sisters. 3 brothers and 3 sisters, my 2 sisters and brother in law are in the bridal party also…

Anyways my in laws have been horrible i told my brother in laws to rent the light gray tux and they complained that they want to buy a suit….i said fine just make sure its light gray because the groom is taking dark gray….guess what they got dark gray a very ugly suit from kohls i hot so mad they bought the color i told them not to, and we had a argument they told me i had no right to decide the color could you believe that!!!! now i am one groomsmen down!

my sister in laws they complain about the dress,they dont help at all nothing they dont even ask about the wedding …our big mistake was to pick all his brothers ans sisters as br and gr !!!! 🙁

Post # 67
748 posts
Busy bee

I have 8..count em..8..hordourves for cocktail hour. Only 2 have mushrooms in them. I *like* mushrooms.

If I hear ONE MORE person complain that there are 2 hordourves with mushrooms in them (ewwww I hate mushroooooms) I will stab them in the temple with my pen. Eat one of the other SIX freaking hordourves you piece of crap.

/Rant

Post # 68
3423 posts
Sugar bee

@irishphoenix:  OMG!! Hahahahaha!! I love mushrooms too

Post # 69
748 posts
Busy bee

@Birdi:  I never thought I’d get this zilla close to the wedding, but people keep treating me lately like I own a restaurant and should be working for their tip. I mean I thought I was being considerate. Anyone with an allergy or a picky eater pretending to have an allergy is having special plates made for them even. 

Post # 70
3423 posts
Sugar bee

@irishphoenix:  Wow! Nice of you! I only had one person require a different meal. I just can’t believe people have the audacity to dictate food preferences to the bride. Rude!  If someone complained about it I’d tell them To shove it! 

ETA not referring to allergies 

Post # 72
396 posts
Helper bee

@erincredible:  If mine tells me one more time to chill out about stressing over RSVPs I might scream too! lol I don’t think he understands how many things I have to do one we get our final count!

Post # 73
396 posts
Helper bee

@Oxfordnerd:  I thought about organizing my own at first because no one was planning on doing anything and then I said forget it. I shouldn’t have to plan one. Its cool if no one wants to do anything but don’t come back and ask me about it months later! I had one Bridesmaid or Best Man ask me what was going on the the Bachelorette party and I said nothing. “Well you have to have one!” To which I replied “Not really but I just quit caring about it”. She suggested we head to the lake for a night since FSIL/MOH is only 20. Which is fine by me except now one of my BM/SIL will be on vacation the weekend we picked (she never replied to my text about going) and my other MOH/BFF wont be in town yet. She isn’t coming up til the weekend before the wedding and that is the only weekend the Best Man can do the bachelor party. It sucks all around. Then my sister asks if I’m sure thats I what I want to do for my bachelorette. At this point I don’t care, just plan something or don’t because I’m not planning it. I have enough to worry about with wedding planning. 

Post # 74
748 posts
Busy bee

@lealorali:  OMG the seating chart. My mother pouted because I put her at a table with our immediate family that’s right near the head table. Yanno..where guests of honor normally sit. She was all “I thought you’d put me with my family”

WTF am I? chopped liver?

She wants to sit with her sisters. I’m like mom, it’s my wedding, not a family reunion. Just go sit with them after dinner. 

Post # 75
118 posts
Blushing bee

This thread has made me feel so much better about ALL of my wedding mishaps so far. I finally went to bed after being up for 48 hours. This wedding stuff is for the birds! I can’t wait to be married already! Undecided

Post # 76
724 posts
Busy bee

@lealorali:  I’m 18 days out and I am so stressed out.  Mainly because of dress alterations though…i go for my last fitting tomorrow and I’m really nervous because I basically paid an arm and a leg to have them completely transform the dress and it’s not turning out as planned so far…

The topic ‘June 2013 brides… this is your VENT thread!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors