(Closed) June 2013 brides… this is your VENT thread!

posted 7 years ago in June 2013
Post # 92
135 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

The best man doesn’t have a suit.  We told him in January that he could buy or rent (we didn’t care) as long as it’s gray.  Apparently, he thought we were going to tell him where to rent from.

Now we have to find him a hobbit-sized gray suit by the 16th.

He had one job.  ONE JOB.

Oh, and he and my FI’s other friend coming up from his hometown assumed that they’d be staying with us.  The best man is obnoxious enough, but the other friend has a history of terrorizing cats (and we have 2, one of which is already terrified of people – likely this guy’s fault – and they’re not boarded until Friday).  That’s a situation made of win right there.

Post # 93
396 posts
Helper bee

@xxnilaxx:  I feel the same way! My anxiety has gone from tolerable at best to I can barely breathe!

Post # 94
3423 posts
Sugar bee

I’m a disaster… I just paid 150 deposit to my seamstress for alterations that will probably cost me 500 bucks If I’m lucky When all is said and done. On a dress i hate. Hate hate hate…Meanwhile I’ve been without a working refrigerator for two weeks now. Fiance is the Gestapo regarding plus ones, and all the money we’re shelling out..SIGH I’m exhausted! 

ETA what the hell is a French bustle?  LOL 

Post # 95
23 posts
Newbee

So after we put together our wedding party and talked to people, I got to work on the programs and finished them (they were super annoying and took FOREVER!!!). Yay!!! …. NOT. A few weeks later, the best man dropped out because the military called him into training (I’m not mad at him, just annoyed since he can’t make it and he’s my finances best friend and I have to redo the programs)

Now, the week of the wedding, the officiant may be dropping out because he says that he never knew the wedding was so far away. LIE! When we asked him to marry us, I made sure that we told him when and where it was so that he knew farrr ahead of time, could make arrangements, and knew what he was getting into. The location is also on the invitation and STD. I’m worried that he’s going to back down and then I’ll have to redo the programs AGAIN and find somebody else to marry us in such a short time. 

Post # 97
1218 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@candief:  Oh man, me too! I’m a July bride but getting the same thing from Fiance – except he says “I don’t know” about things like music choices then disagrees with everything I suggest! I’m going to be walking down the aisle to the friggin’ Sesame Street theme song or something if he keeps this up.

Post # 98
3423 posts
Sugar bee

@lealorali:  I feel I picked the wrong dress for my body type, I thought it would elongate my frame and now am having loads of alterations to (hopefully) accomplish my vision. LOL It’s actually not that bad..I think of it as one of those kick yourself in the ass moments. I was adamant about having something different, non strapless etc.. Now I wish I would’ve just gotten something simple.. too late now LOL! 

My fridge is only 8 mos old and still under warranty, the refrigerator portion wasnt cooling. It took The Geeksquad three visits to realize it needed replacement parts which hopefully will be here weds. IF I wasn’t so caught up in this wedding I would have bitched up a storm! I keep telling myself everything is going to work out:) 

Post # 99
183 posts
Blushing bee

@Birdi:  You hate your dress? Don’t we have the same? Allure 8800? Why do you hate it? To be honest, I’ve had my reservations about the dress as well. It’s just so form fitting! Feels like every imperfections shows…

Post # 100
3423 posts
Sugar bee

@ColoroftheSky:  I have the opposite! the bridal place recommended I order a 12 which was too damn big on me and I paid for hollow to hem and they didn’t do it!

ironically, the seamstress just texted me and wants me to come in tomorrow with another 150 deposit! How much is this going to cost me? I’m sick over here I’m texting here right now and asking how much she thinks this will cost!! EEEK 

ETA Yes we do:) Allure 8800. What are your issues? 

Post # 101
3423 posts
Sugar bee

@ColoroftheSky:  She just texted me back..she said she wants to see me in the dress tomorrow and if there are no more alterations it’ll be a ltitle more than the 300 I will have paid already. had I have known I was going to spend 1700 on a dress I’m not in love with I wouldn’t have bought it to begin with! I hate House of Brides!!!!

Post # 102
183 posts
Blushing bee

@Birdi:  Sorry you’re having such trouble! I could see the dress being difficult to alter to a smaller size, but it’s good that you have someone working on it. Maybe it’ll be even better looking with her alterations?

I paid nearly $400 for alterations and my dress fit almost perfectly when I got it.

My problem with the dress is that it still seems so tight around my hips. I don’t think it looks bad or that anyone will notice, but it bugs me a bit.

Hope everything works out!

Post # 103
3423 posts
Sugar bee

@ColoroftheSky:  Thank you! As long as you feel comfortable in the dress that’s all that matters And if it takes 400 to get you there so be it. Right? I actually just came home from my final fitting and I have to say….I LOVE IT! I love the dress!!! She actually sewed two cups in between the slip so you can’t see them it makes the lace on the straps lay flat against my skin.

She is also doing a French bustle which looks amazing! I actually love the dress bustled more than not. What kind of bustle are you having? And if you don’t mind please share your accessories  and your hair thoughts.:) 

Post # 104
1782 posts
Buzzing bee

Biggest vent right now? It’s 2 weeks until the wedding and my boobs just started hurting, which for me usually means I’ll get my period in TWO WEEKS! Looks like Aunt Flo just sent her RSVP. *bangs head on desk*

Post # 105
1782 posts
Buzzing bee

@ColoroftheSky:  my dress is tight around the hips, I’ll have to hike it up a tad to sit comfortably. It feels amazing when I’m standing, but then you sit and everything expands? Ya… not so much. Good thing we are having a SMALL wedding with a short dinner/drinks reception.

WHEW!

Post # 106
396 posts
Helper bee

My body chose yesterday and today to decide to feel like complete shit.  I had to cancel my Bachelorette plans tonight because I’m not feeling up to it at all. 2 weeks to go so no time to replan. 🙁 oh well. We ended up canceling them last weekend because this weekend worked better for more people. And then this happens. 

The topic ‘June 2013 brides… this is your VENT thread!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors