posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: What team are you on?!
    Team BLUE! : (8 votes)
    18 %
    Team PINK! : (21 votes)
    47 %
    I don't know yet! : (9 votes)
    20 %
    It's going to be a surprise! : (7 votes)
    16 %
  • Post # 18
    5659 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2012

@KateByDesign:  Same here, I’m all about the ladies only. And I don’t get the whole keg/diaper thing dudes are doing now either??

My husband has NO interest in having a shower, just in seeing what we get lol.

I hope we have showers no later than April but again I don’t want to bring it up and be like hey when are you throwing me a shower. I nkow no one will decide on a final date without my approval though.

I’m already ready to post our guest room furniture on Craiglist and get the ball rolling. last thing I want is to be panicking trying to get ready in the end!

Post # 19
    5659 posts
    Bee Keeper

@roweboat:  So far I have a wish list on amazon so I don’t forget certain items but that’s it. Not even sure when we’re supposed to go! Our best option around here is BRU or Amazon. I don’t want to do Target or Kohls etc…

Post # 20
    1805 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

I totally want to register on amazon, but I think 90% of my guests won’t go online so I think I’m just gonna go with BRU. I’m going to register after I find out the sex on the 27th. 

Post # 21
    371 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

We just started our registry this past weekend.  It was nerve wracking!  What baby monitor, what stroller, what pack & play, what swing, etc., etc., etc.  And of course I forgot all of my research as soon as I got there.  lol.  We are at BRU because we don’t have another choice near me.

Main registry selections:

Stroller:  Britax B-Agile – it’s smaller and folds so easy!
    Car Seat:  Britax B-Safe
    Monitor:  Levana Lila
    Swing:  Graco Glider LX Gliding Swing (may change this)
    Pack & Play  Graco Pack ‘N Play Playard with Newborn Napping Station (it has shelves!)
    Diaper Bag:  undecided!

Still undecided if we’re going to get a high chair or just a feeding seat that attaches to one of our dining room chairs.  My Mother-In-Law has also already purchased our crib for us.

What are you guys thinking for your main items?

Post # 23
    58 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

I’m having a boy and I am currently obsessed with the idea of a gray, white, and yellow nursery. Maybe elephant themed. I haven’t bought anything yet, so I could change my mind. 

I am registering at Babies R Us because for my wedding nobody bought any of my stuff from Amazon. I am still deciding on a carseat and stroller. I have a lot of my registry done, besides that, decor, and maybe some clothes besides the hand me downs we already have. 

Post # 24
    371 posts
    Helper bee

Just bought an Ubbi diaper pail off of Amazon.  It’s a bit pricey, but I can’t stand the thought of a plastic pail and the smell infusing into it.  I know that a lot of blogs say that you don’t even need a specific diaper pail, but I read such good things about this one (and also from a fellow Bee) that I knew this was the one I would get.  Plus it looks nice.  🙂

What is everyone else doing about diaper pails?

Post # 25
    600 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

Babies R Us is doing a new registry thing until Jan 31st where they will give you 10% (upto $200) back (probably in gift cards or coupons) for everything purchased off your registry… Only for newly created registries… I signed up just incase we want to buy stuff thru them… There should be a 20% off furniture before our babies are born so we’ll probably get the crib and stuff from them and might as well stack another 10% “off” on top of it…

for car seats I like the Britax brand … But the choices are too overwelhelming so we haven’t started picking things yet…

Post # 26
    5659 posts
    Bee Keeper

@jivet:  omg my SIL is OBSESSED with the ubbi and really wants one. She’s told me at least 5 times that I want it. I do like that it takes regular garbage bags. I’m all about saving money 

Post # 27
    5659 posts
    Bee Keeper

@MySunshine:  good to know. We might have to run out and start a registry the second we find out the sex in the 27th! we got the britax b ready and b safe. Mother-In-Law already bought it for us during the amazon britax event 

Post # 28
    600 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

@MsJ2theZ:  it doesn’t appear that the registry has to be completed by the 31st… Just started… You might just get it set up online now and then go shopping/scanning after you learn the sex 🙂

Post # 29
    5659 posts
    Bee Keeper

@MySunshine:  easy enough! I’ll take a look!

Post # 30
    1805 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

@MsJ2theZ:  Eek 20 days til we both find out!!

Post # 31
    371 posts
    Helper bee

Booked my gender ultrasound for Saturday… they guarantee the answer if you’re >18w and I’ll be 18w2d.  Can’t wait!!!!

The topic ‘June 2014 Babies! – Part 2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors