posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: What team are you on?!
    Team BLUE! : (8 votes)
    18 %
    Team PINK! : (21 votes)
    47 %
    I don't know yet! : (9 votes)
    20 %
    It's going to be a surprise! : (7 votes)
    16 %
  • Post # 32
    993 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

@KateByDesign:  my due date is June 7

So I went for my anatomy ultrasound yesterday and it was a brand new clinic which means the techs didn’t know how to use their machine.  Baby was pretty active too which made them frustrated which was really funny to watch.  So basically I was there for over an hour, came out with no good pictures and they couldn’t tell if its a boy or girl.  I have a dr appt tomorrow so hopefully we can get sent back, otherwise I’ll have to go to a private clinic.  DH is convinced its a girl but I still feel like its a boy.  The whole thing was sort of disappointing, but I’m relieved to see baby is healthy and happy in there.

We’re going to two holidays this month and I feel like its my last hurrah – Hawaii and Vegas – can’t wait to get out of the COLD.  You all are so far ahead of me with your planning, I guess I’ll have to do that when we get back.  Hope everyone is feeling good!

I started a prenatal yoga class that I’m really enjoying.  Anyone else have fun fitness stuff going on?

Post # 33
    5659 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2012

@MrsRichard:  you’re right!! Woo hoo! Seems so far away but I know it’s going to fly by! I had a check up today. HB was 150 and I’ve only gained a lb even through all the holiday candy eating which made me happy

Post # 34
    412 posts
    Helper bee

@jivet:  Ok, so I haven’t bought anything yet, but my mom did the old school Cloth Diapering and I’ve been reading up on the new stuff. She did a wet pail system instead of dry and said it didn’t smell. She used really diluted bleach water(back in the day, obviously). I was thinking wet pail seems ‘cleaner’ or at least not nearly as smelly. The big thing with those nowadays is people are wanting certain lids so the kid doesn’t drown in it. But I figure I have a awhile before the baby learns to walk (and drown itself) to work out if this even works for me and I’ll use just anything that can hold water at first. Honestly it seems a wire basket you can have submerged in a plastic tub would be perfect. Esp if that tub is able to be elevated and has a valve and tube to drain out water for water changing. 

Post # 35
    371 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

@keesl:  That makes a lot of sense.  I didn’t look into anything for cloth diapers at all since we aren’t going that route.  Sounds like you definitely need something to make it easy to change the water, and a lid so that you don’t have to look at it!  πŸ™‚

Post # 36
    600 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

@bella128:  Oh Fun! Vegas & Hawaii… I really only like vegas for the adult slurpees so i am okay if we dont make a trip down before the baby (we’re like a 6 hour drive)… I reallllllly want to go to Hawaii though… Bummer the Techs couldnt tell your gender… we paid $50 at an elective clinic and it was super smooth and she was a great tech who took like 3 seconds to find our little boys ‘parts’ lol… it was really cool too because we got a video so we can see him moving around and sucking on his fingers… basically the best thing ever… I’ve been keeping up with my normal workout routine (40 mins of cardio at luch – usually on an arc trainer)… but it has been getting MUCH harder for me… plus i feel like i am out of breath everytime i walk up a flight of stairs… we are definately much more pregnant now than a month ago! lol

Are any of you guys that are still waiting to find out the gender looking into the old wives tales? I think it would be neat for you to post your results to a few just to see how they turn out πŸ™‚

For Us:

Tale : Girl – Boy

Morning Sickness: Yes – No
    Cravings: Sweet – Salty
    Headaches: Yes – No
    Mood: Moody – Happy
    Sleeping Side: Right – Left
    Skin: Soft – Dry
    Heartbeat – Above 140 – Below 140 —- N/A πŸ™

5- Boy ; 1-Girl ; 1 -N/A so I’d say pretty conclusive & accurate πŸ™‚

Post # 38
    600 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

@KateByDesign:  we havent heard the baby’s HB at the doctors yet… weve only had ultrasounds and seen the heart beat… So I don’t know if its been above it below πŸ™‚

Darling Husband and I were talking about these last night and the one that rings most true for me is the Mood… I have been unexplainably happy… I’ve let so much crap slide since finding out… Like things that I would normally lose my sh.t over just haven’t bothered me at all… I find hubby waiting for me to snap and I have to tell him that I am honestly not mad/upset at all… I would be pregnant (with a boy) for the rest of my life if the mood was a constant!!! OMGosh!

Post # 39
    1805 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

@bella128:  I’ve been wanting to sign up for a prenatal yoga class! Is it much different than a typical yoga class?

@MsJ2theZ:  I’m 18 weeks and have gained 11 pounds so far! I’ll be 21 weeks when I do the ultrasound so hopefully they’ll get a perfect money shot! LOL

@MySunshine:  I’m glad you had a good tech! I hope mine gives us a video, if not I’ll record it on the iPad haha

We find out in 20 days at 21weeks!!

Morning Sickness: Yes– No

Cravings: Sweet – Salty

Headaches: Yes – No

Mood: Moody – Happy

Sleeping Side: Right – Left

Skin: Soft – Dry

Heartbeat: Above 140– Below 140 

Girl: 6     Boy: 1      DH is convinced it’s a girl and I kinda think boy, so we’ll see!

Post # 40
    785 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

@bella128:  I’ve been looking for a prenatal dvd on amazon but haven’t been able to make up my mind yet.  I’ll probably go with one with reviews that say the routine is too easy because I don’t want to risk hurting myself.  

Post # 42
    5659 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2012

@MySunshine:  Strange, they still should have given you the HB as I gaurantee they have taken a HB measurement every time they’ve done a US. 

Morning Sickness: Yes– No

Cravings: Sweet – Salty

Headaches: Yes – No

Mood: Moody – Happy

Sleeping Side: Right – Left – Um neither I”m still sleeping on my back Surprised

Skin: Soft – Dry

Heartbeat: Above 140– Below 140

Now that I’ve filld that out I have no idea what any of the lean towards except the heartbeat one!

Post # 43
    466 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

@MrsSnowPoke:  I am with you on wanting the coed shower! I actually want something super casual after the baby is born (since we’re not finding out the sex I think this would be fun). We thought maybe we’d do a summer Sunday catered drop in sort of day in my parent’s gorgeous backyard so family and friends can meet the new addition!

Post # 44
    466 posts
    Helper bee

@MsJ2theZ:  I just posted our guest room furniture on CL yesterday!! I like to be ahead of the game too! πŸ™‚

Post # 45
    1805 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

@MsJ2theZ:  Yours are 3 girl 3 boy haha I sometimes sleep on my back too!

Post # 46
    466 posts
    Helper bee

@KateByDesign:  I just saw the Leacho Safe Bather yesterday and it looks perfect!!! 

We have been buying a lot of stuff ourselves. Prices in Canada are WAY more than the US. Since I live so close to WA and have a post office box, I’ve been ordering stuff and shipping it there. So far I have the Graco Pack N Play Vance, Snugabunny Bouncer, My Little Snugabunny Musical Gym, BOB Revolution SE stroller (just ordered today on Amazon since they are having a one day sale!!), and various other smaller items. We haven’t decided on a car seat yet but I’m leaning toward the Britax B-Safe or the BOB. I ordered the nursery bedding from Etsy too! 

With wanting our shower once the baby is born, I feel like it’s less of a “shower” and more like a meet and greet. Of course, we’ll need the essentials before then.  

The topic ‘June 2014 Babies! – Part 2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors