posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: What team are you on?!
    Team BLUE! : (8 votes)
    18 %
    Team PINK! : (21 votes)
    47 %
    I don't know yet! : (9 votes)
    20 %
    It's going to be a surprise! : (7 votes)
    16 %
  • Post # 526
    600 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

So… It’s pretty obvious that the format change has driven everyone away from the site ๐Ÿ™

we had our monthly appointment this week… Took the orange drink test, tho I’m not sure when I will get the results back… And I’ve only gained like 50lbs so far… My doctor doesn’t care but I am FREAKED out!!! We have another ultrasound on the 26th to check the placenta…. Can’t wait to see our little kicker…

Post # 527
    412 posts
    Helper bee

MySunshine:  My orange drink test is next week sometime. (she wrote a script and I do it any day I want ie, day I don’t eat before 8). Was it horrible? For some reason I am legit nervous about it. Less nervous then about labor of course but still think it will be miserable. She did tell me if my glucose test came back negative they would call me and we’d have to make an appt for the next week. Pretty sure they right the results down and just compare them to a chart so like 5 min after your doctor actually looks at them they know the result. So probably they tell you soon. Certainly if it’s neg they want to tell you right away. 

Post # 528
    600 posts
    Busy bee

keesl:  it really wasn’t bad… The drink tastes like flat orange soda…. I did it first thing in the am and swung by subway for a breakfast sandwich to have in the car so I could eat ASAP afterwards… I’m nervous to hear the results cuz I hope I don’t have diabetes or have to take the repeat test lol

Post # 529
    371 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

I had to do the second test yesterday because my results from the first one were on the upper margin. The drink is the same flavour, but sweeter. Definitely didnt like it this time around.  

Post # 531
    2654 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

MrsRichard:  Hey missus, thought of you today and thought this would be a good place to find you! Happy anniversary. I hope you and your husband had a lovely one. We got to go away which was nice ๐Ÿ™‚ Hope you’re getting on well. My friend is due in June too so I can imagine how much you are showing now. The time is flying!! Not too long now ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 532
    1805 posts
    Buzzing bee

phoebephoebo:  Hey there friend! Happy anniversary to you!! I hope you both had a lovely time on your trip! We rented a cabin last night up in the mountains, it was great, can you believe we’ve both been married for a year! Wow! How are you doing, I miss chatting with you. 

Post # 533
    1805 posts
    Buzzing bee

MySunshine:  Ya, I hate the new format ๐Ÿ™ The only time I come on here is when I get an email saying someone messaged me. You might be like my sister, she gains about 50 pounds in the first 7 months and then pretty much nothing for the last couple months. I’ve gained around 25 so far, but it seems like a steadily gain every single week!

keesl:  The test isn’t that bad. I was really not looking forward to it, but it was fine. I went in the morning so I didn’t really have to fast since I don’t eat while I’m sleeping lol They didn’t give me the orange drink, they gave me a lime, clear drink. It tasted like a flat lemon lime soda with tons of sugar. It wasn’t terrible, but halfway through, it was so sweet it felt like it was burning my throat! I should get the results Wed morning from my doc! I hope the results are good, the days prior I ate dessert almost every night.. yikes!

Post # 534
    560 posts
    Busy bee

I am glad to hear everyone is gaining as much as me! I am at about 25 already too..6 pounds in 3 weeks and I actually just started exercising again because it has been a little warmer/sunny outside (aka over 20 most days!) I just feel like a blob right now. I think my main problem is that I am trying to curb my normal diet pepsi consumption with milk/juice and that is not going well for the weight gain. 

Does anyone else live in an area where they are going stir-crazy?! all these winter storms are driving me nuts! We live in the middle of the country so we do not have a gym to join (well, there is one in town that is $55/month because, well, it is the only gym in a 30 minute radius) and I have always relied on outdoor activities…This is the first winter I can remember with no Jan. warm up and we are supposed to dip back into the low 20s/teens again this week after one day in the 30s. AHHHHH loosing it. haha

Post # 535
    247 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

how far along do you normally do the diabetes test? I’m a bit over 25 weeks, and my OB hasn’t mentioned it yet. I go back to see him again in a week. 

Post # 536
    785 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

BRbee:  Usually sometime between your 26 and 28th week I think.

keesl:  The test wasn’t bad at all – surprisingly.  The drink tasted like a melted otter pop and then I just sat there on my computer paying bills and surfing the internet while I waited for my blood draws. 

Post # 537
    2654 posts
    Sugar bee

MrsRichard:  Me too! That sounds amazing! And so romantic. Mine wasn’t quite as exciting but it was good fun. I’m doing really well, ATM. No sign of the elusive bfp but I’ve had testing and all looks good so hopefully soon. How are you getting on? Is your sickness all gone?

Post # 538
    412 posts
    Helper bee

JustMe12182: I am on Boston. This is the coldest longest winter since we moved here and its really effecting me. I need sun. The wind chill is putting us so low even mid day I can’t stand being outside. Esp since my coat doesn’t fit. Well it actually barely buttons over my belly but my boobs have popped off 3 buttons and refuse to be contained since like 16 weeks. Very annoying. I didn’t want to waste money on a coat esp now, but I am getting worried lack of sun will hurt the baby at some point. At least by June I can log in some sun time. Hopefully.

Post # 539
    1805 posts
    Buzzing bee

JustMe12182:  Ya, I used to drink diet pepsi ALL the time, so I replaced it with juice, which can’t be good for weight gain lol Starting last week I’ve been trying to drink more water, I think I’m getting close to 6-7 glasses a day, which is great for me because before it was just like one glass of water 6 glasses of juice lol

phoebephoebo:  I know when the time is right, you’re going to get that BFP! You better find me on here or facebook and let me know when it happens! If you just post a regular post I’ll never see it because this new format makes me stay away lol I’m totally cheering you on and can’t wait for it to happen for you. My sickness stopped at around five months, so the last two months haven’t been too bad. I’m so glad to not be throwing up every day! We found out we’re moving out of state when Wyatt is a couple months old so that should be interesting lol

Post # 540
    600 posts
    Busy bee

Sooooo my boobs make milk now… Super weird, especially because they haven’t been sore or grown at all since I found out I was pregnant…

We get to see our little man again next Wednesday and I can’t wait!

The topic ‘June 2014 Babies! – Part 2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors