(Closed) June 2014 Babies!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Are you going to find out your baby's gender?

Heck no! I love a surprise!

For sure! I love planning!

We're undecided

One of us wants to and one of us doesn't (Let us know which is who)

• Post # 77
    3941 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
    @MrsSnowPoke   You definitely shouldn’t have a bump (bloat isn’t bump!) or feel anything moving around in there yet.  We all still have a long time before any of that happens!

Post # 79
    157 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
    @KateByDesign  oh I know.  I didn’t mean that. I meant, in this time before those things happen, it is just very surreal. Hard to believe there is actually a baby in there. I am a worrier, so in the times between doctor’s appointments, I just get nervous and am ready to head back to the doctor and get that reassurance that things are still progressing well. 

Post # 80
    186 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: July 2015

View original reply
    @MrsSnowPoke  I don’t know if I will be able to wait until 12 weeks to say something…too hard! I think I may just hit my 10 week appointment and spill the beans to my boss. She has to observe me teaching and I haven’t been doing a great job of..well…standing while teaching lately-too sick, too dizzy, too tired… and “very lazy” according to my wonderful middle schoolers.

Post # 81
    2653 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

View original reply
    @AbBeeRoad  Ah, I was just wondering. It’s pretty standard to wait until 12 weeks in Ireland too. There happens to be a private clinic near my house that has techs but no docs so I assumed you could do that kind of thing anywhere. 

Its good to have someone the same no. of weeks along to compare to. Yay to 7 weeks tomorrow. My symptoms were getting stronger but seem to be more subtle again. 

It’s so exciting telling people, isn’t it? We only told our parents and my sister. DH is an only child so the IL are so excited. How did telling your sister go? That sounds like a lovely idea ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 82
    600 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

That stinks that you guys have to wait for so long! We had our first appointment at 8 weeks and it was pretty reassuring to see the baby… We dont go in again until the 21st (11.5 weeks) but i think we will only hear the heartbeat…

I think DH and I are pretty lucky to live in Utah, the land of babies… there are elective ultrasound studios everywhere here… this place:  http://www.fetalstudio.com/services.htm  will do an ultrasound in 2D for just $30… thats only $5 more than my co-pay!! I think we will definitely be stopping in at least once before this baby is born LOL!

Post # 83
    157 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
    @Tatertot2003  haha I’m actually a teacher too And totally feel you!  I am the same way!  I told a couple of my coworkers at around 6 weeks because I was so sick and needed them to cover for me. Ready to tell everyone so they understand why I have been so weird. Not going to tell my class (kindergarten) until they ask. Haha. I’m sure I’ll get the “mrs. Why are you so fat?” at some point.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 85
    30 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: May 2012

@MrsSnowPoke: I totally feel the same way but unlike you I don’t have the morning sickness or any other real symptoms to make me feel a bit more reassured. It’s so nerve-wracking not knowing. Can;t wait until December 5th for my 12 week appt!

When is everyone else having ultrasounds?  I had one at around 4 weeks and 6 weeks 5 days due to spotting but now I have to wait until I am 19 weeks….that is FOREVER!!!

Post # 86
    100 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

Due Date: 16th June 2014

Cycles Trying: 3. Initially we were going to wait until our honeymoon to start trying, but mid-year we both got hit with the baby bug and decided to start a bit earlier.

Tell us about you and your SO: We just got married in October, but this December we have been together 11 years. Due to different backgrounds we had some serious issues with his parents accepting our relationship, but in the end love won. Even though we are only early into the pregnancy, DH has been extra helpful around the house without any prompting which is great!

Any Symptoms yet? Exhaustion!! Bloated to the max, sore boobs and mild morning (evening) sickness- no throwing up just yet (touch wood).

Have you told anyone yet? My mum and my best friend, DH’s brother and his best friend. The rest of our family and friends will be told once we have had our 12 week ultrasound and know all is ok.

What you’ll miss most while you are pregnant: So many things! Coffee, sashimi, wine, the ability to eat and drink without thinking about what I am putting into my mouth first Smile 

Hoping for boy or girl? I am happy with either, so long as it is healthy. DH would love a boy.

Post # 87
    186 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: July 2015

View original reply
    @ensquared  yay! Due date twin!!!!!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 88
    5658 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2012

I was wondering when someone was going to do role call and it seems I totally missed it! Here are my stats!

Due Date: 6/20/2014 according to my tracking app. First appt next week.

Cycles Trying: 1, and we didn’t really “try”

Tell us about you and your SO: We met right before christmas 2008, bought our first home after engagement in 2011, got married August 2012. We have a Shih Tzu named Smokey. We love to be active, exercise, be outdoors, and travel.

Any Symptoms yet? Constant nausea (sometimes dull sometimes strong), very strong food aversions, sore breasts. Not much in the way of fatigue yet and thankfully no spotting or cramping. 

Have you told anyone yet? Our immediate families and my two best friends. We’re waiting for the hb appt before we tell any other family or close friends. Other’s won’t find out until after 12.

What you’ll miss most while you are pregnant: Wine, skiing this winter, and right now I miss eating a healthy diet because I’m only able to eat carbs really. Crossing my fingers that goes away soon.

Hoping for boy or girl?

Hmm… lately I haven’t thought about it because healthy baby worry is starting to set in. I’m on the fence. I think DH wants a girl. I want a girl for some reason’s and a boy for others. Really I don’t care which comes first I just know I want the opposite for the second!

Funny story to add. A friend of mine that I grew up sent me her very early (she’s high risk) US picture yesterday to tell me she’s pregnant, 6w4d. She’s one week behind me. It was a hilarious conversation of her telling me she hopes we have an easy time conceiving and me thinking “if you only knew!”. She’ll find out next week with the heartbeaters ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 91
    371 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
    @AbBeeRoad  I feel your pain.  My manager has a strong smell to him and it is hard for me to be in close proximity.  Can you use a scented hand cream or vicks or something similar?  Maybe a scent that you can handle will overpower ones you can’t?

The topic ‘June 2014 Babies!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors