(Closed) June 2015 Brides! 159 days for me!

posted 5 years ago in June 2015
Post # 2
31 posts
Newbee

We have the same wedding date yay! We got engaged in May, I will have over a year to plan the wedding. And I’ve been pinning stuff to my wedding board on pinterest for like 2 years, so I pretty much had the colors and decor already decided.

I have booked all the major vendors (venue, caterer, cake, photographer, videographer) I am about to book my florist hopefully tomorrow. (I have already met with her.) I bought my dress already and my shoes. 

I have purchased my centerpeice decorations. I’m using lanterns with fairy lights inside. And milkglass vases with flowers. I also bought tall lanterns to sit down the aisle. I just ordered a bunch of pink tablecloths (They were way cheaper to buy than rent!) 

I am going to buy flowers in bulk for the reception and have to set everything up the day of, so I am struggling with that a little. I have the knot app on my phone that has a checklist and I even printed out a 50 something page wedding planner that has been somewhat helpful keeping everything in line. The most helpful thing honestly has been writing everything down in a notebook. I just make all sorts of lists and it seems to help me figure everything out easier when I can see it written down! 

What do you need to get done at this point? 

Post # 3
2114 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

166 days left for my big day! I can’t wait! My fiancé and I have been together for 7 years so it’s about time!

We have all the main things done, like church, reception space, photographer, food, cake, my dress, etc. I still have to put together all the little things though. I have a lot of DIY projects in mind. I better get started πŸ˜›

Post # 5
160 posts
Blushing bee

carboyd13:  where did you order your table cloths?  I’m doing pink too and decorating my own reception tables. Also, have you found a good place to bulk order flowers for the centerpieces?

i feel like I’m doing pretty good so far considering I’ve only been engaged 2 1/2 weeks.  I have venue, reception, caterer, photographer, DJ,  florist dress, and bridesmaid dresses picked.  It’s been a crazy couple of weeks.  Still need to get venue rentals (minimal), photo booth, and tuxes worked out but I feel like I’m doing pretty good so far!

Post # 6
712 posts
Busy bee

nicholeskelton:  We’re date twins!!! πŸ™‚ I feel the same. I’m like, going by a checklist and have been doing pretty well. We bought a house, so that put a stop in most things. I’m having a small Destination Wedding wedding, so I decided to DIY as much as I could so that it didn’t seem like a package that I bought from the hotel. I love it once everything is finished, but some days I just want to pull my hair out.

I’m starting to get into making my bouquet (I now realize I know NOTHING about flowers). I want to do Real Touch, but can’t find the ones I need!! I mean, why doesn’t the word sell coral Tiger/Casablanca lilies or Tiffany Blue Calla lilies??? πŸ˜› And why the heck did Angels Accents close their online store??? 

Also, music. I didn’t realize there were a thousand different categories to choose music for??? 

Dress alterations? I don’t even know where to start! I bought it from David’s, but I’ve heard mixed reviews on their alterations. 

At end of the day, I DO have fun planning. πŸ˜€ 157 days!!!!! Yikes!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  FutureMrsKHBD.
Post # 7
865 posts
Busy bee

I’m getting married Friday the 5th! I am freaking out. Still need to figure out cake, finish up invitation suites, get all of the decorations figured out, DIY projects going… 

We are redoing some things in our house right now and I am interviewing for a 2nd job next week. It will only be a few hours a week, but still, I feel like I am already at negative hours a week! I am a crazy person 

Post # 8
416 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2015 - Historic house and gardens

nicholeskelton:  I’m June 7

158 days today. And we are finally in the same year as our wedding. I’m so excited.<br />I’m actually completely sorted. I need to make my bouquet, but I have all the components. My dress needs altering but i have that booked in for April. Everything is booked and either paid in full or deposits set, including the honeymoon. <br />Just a waiting game now. I’m looking forward to the final meetings with the venue coordinator which start in March.

Post # 9
69 posts
Worker bee

nicholeskelton:  FutureMrsKHBD:  carboyd13:  Yay we are all date twins !! 

I booked the venue ” including cake, caterer, lights, dj ” 

I hired the photographer. And I’m looking now for  wedding planner, hairdresser and makeup artist.

where are you ladies getting married ? 

Did you get your dress yet ? 

Where are planning to spend the honeymoon ? 

Im extremely WORRIED and stressed agh I just wanna all of these things end.  

Post # 10
766 posts
Busy bee

My wedding is June 5th and I am freaking out over here ! Haha I swear the second I realized that my wedding is THIS year I felt sick because I don’t feel like I have enough time to get everything done! Right now I’m working on invitations, linens, and finding a place for the darn rehearsal dinner. I honestly can’t believe how fast it’s coming !!

Post # 12
498 posts
Helper bee

6/12/15!!!! GAAHHHHHHHH ITS GETTING CLOSE!!!! We have so much to do still. We have our vendors locked in but that’s about it. Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses coming up this month. Another item checked off the to-do list!! πŸ™‚

Post # 13
712 posts
Busy bee

Mrspou88:  Ahhhhh! Once it turned 2015, I was like yaaaay! My year! And then I was like, crap! I feel like I’m going to have a wedding with nothing complete!!! πŸ˜› 

We are getting married in Sunny Isles Beach, FL. We’re having a small wedding on a sand dune. πŸ™‚ 

My dress was the FIRST thing I got. I know I’m a crazy person, but I knew what I wanted and didn’t want to risk it being gone…funny story, I DIDN’T even get the dress I went in for! πŸ˜› 

And we have to book it (according to knot app, we should book this month! Yay!), but we’re going to the Hilton Waikoloa Village in Waikoloa, Hawai’i! I’m stoked. We’ve been watching the book dates get closer and closer since we fitst got engaged. I’m more excited for this than I am the wedding! ….kidding! πŸ˜‰ 

nicholeskelton:  I live in Bloomington, I grew up in Lebanon. I’m in Indy ALL the time! πŸ™‚ 

Post # 15
712 posts
Busy bee

nicholeskelton:  Ohhhhh! Thank you so much!!!! I’ll be checking it out! πŸ™‚ 

The topic ‘June 2015 Brides! 159 days for me!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors