(Closed) June 2015 Brides! 159 days for me!

posted 5 years ago in June 2015
Post # 16
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2015

carboyd13:   Where did you buy your lanterns?  

Post # 18
31 posts
Newbee

jas816:  I bought them back in May- August. I found really great deals at Pier 1. I got their jewelled lanterns for around $11 each and 2 foot tall ones for around $27 each, which is better than I could find on wholesale websites. 

Post # 20
905 posts
Busy bee

Our wedding is 163 days away!!! I feel SO behind you ladies. I feel a little overwhelmed about where to start next! We have the venue, caterer, rentals, photographer, sound & lighting, my dress, my hair and makeup and THAT’S IT. No accessories, no outfit for Fiance, no flowers, no hotel blocks. Eek!! 5 months feels too soon!

Post # 21
2268 posts
Buzzing bee

June 27th here.

Queue freak out. 

It’s way too soon!

Post # 23
680 posts
Busy bee

nicholeskelton:  I am 159 days out today and I am so excited!! I wish the wedding was tomorrow, haha. I still have to get an officiant, find Fiance a tan tux (so hard! We’ve been looking for a month now), pick groomsmen outfits and diy my centerpieces. Other than that I am ready to get this show on the road. Bring on the 21st 🙂 

Post # 24
296 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

Our date is the 20th so 158 for me 🙂 We got engaged Feb 2013 and I thought I had plenty of time…now I’m not so sure! I know I’m just freaking myself out…

I had a mini panic attack the other night looking at the expenses of it all-and how much we still owe. I am picking up a temp job for the next 6 weeks that will provide us with some extra cash that will go directly into the wedding fund.

I have a good amount of things checked off. Venue, photographer, DJ, caterer, day of coordinator, event rentals, hair and make-up (friendor), invitations are started (friendor), bridesmaids dresses have been picked out, we just secured a JOP last week, and we just booked a shuttle to transport guests to and from the their hotels. I need to get cracking on the decorations-most which will be DIY, picking out the flowers (DIY), cake, figuring out the guys attire, gifts for bridesmaids/groomsmen, and deciding whether or not we’ll be getting a videographer.

As nervous/overwhelmed as I am, I’m so excited and know that it will be one of the best days of our lives 🙂

Post # 25
67 posts
Worker bee

My wedding date is June 6th, too! My fiancé and I will be together for 10 years this May, so it’s been a long time coming =) Now it’s only 3 months away and I’m freaking out!

So far, here’s what we have done.

-Ceremony & reception venues (2 seperate places)

-Caterer & menu

-DJ

-My dress & BMs dresses

-Rings

-Block of hotel rooms reserved

-Honeymoon planned

-Photographer 

Things I still need to get or finish up:

-Pick up flowers (I’m having artificial flower bouquets made because of allergies…they’re gorgeous! And they’ll last forever!) 

-Finalize song choices

-Find my/his shoes (Whole bridal party is wearing cowboy boots!)

-Send out invitations 

-Get my alterations done on my dress (minor adjustments)

-Figure out my hair and makeup (Totally lost on this one although I have ideas!)

-Make a “day of” schedule

-Order all decorations

-Figure out groom/groomsmen attire (We’re having a pretty casual ceremony and reception, so no tuxes to rent =)

I feel like I’m missing things! I went so crazy with planning everything right when we set a date & then decided to let it go for awhile. Now it’s crunch time again! 

I hope I’m not the only one feeling overwhelmed!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by  Stephie22.
  • This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by  Stephie22.
Post # 26
989 posts
Busy bee

Stephie22:  We’ve been together 10 years next month and getting married on 22nd June…only 109 days to go!!!

You’re definitely not the only one feeling overwhelmed. We are pretty much sorted with the planning aspect but I keep freaking out over the little things…gah! ;-/ 

Post # 27
67 posts
Worker bee

@SellyJo

So I’m not the only one just now getting married after such a long relationship!

Post # 28
2305 posts
Buzzing bee

We are getting hitched on 6/12 and I can’t wait. We have the main things done. Church and reception venue booked, photographer and Dj booked, my dress, etc. Now it is just all the small details. We are writing our own vows so need to practice and practice along with putting together a first dance, ceremony, etc I think I can. One question I have for you all is there is a shelf above the fireplace at our reception venue. What do we do with it? Flowers? Candles? I’m not sure where he and I will be sitting in relation to it. 

Post # 29
413 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2015 - Redondo Beach Historic Library

Prettysmile40:  How about pictures of you two or your families?

Post # 30
2305 posts
Buzzing bee

winterxrose:  hhmm thats an idea. Our table numbers are pics of he and I growing up so maybe our families? 

The topic ‘June 2015 Brides! 159 days for me!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors