(Closed) June 2015 Brides

posted 5 years ago in June 2015
Post # 17
95 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

Anyone else feel like they are just hemorrhaging money??!?

In the past three weeks we’ve finalised payment for pretty much everything for the ceremony and recpetion, bought both our wedding rings and finally booked a honeymoon hotel.  I’ve also agreed to $300 of dress alterations and had to get my car fixed.  Its like the  floodgates have opened!

Post # 18
124 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015 - Restaurant

View original reply
FutureMrsKHBD:  LOL. Totally get you there! I am only allowing +1 to like three or four people and only because they are CLOSE friends. I guess sometimes people just forget a wedding is a celebration of love between two people, not a “catch-up-and-meet-again” even for them to talk the night long. Fiance and I want to keep our wedding as intimate as possible and we don’t want any strangers with us. I don’t know about you, but I thought I would be feeling bad about having people comenting on my back (specially my cousins) or feeling “bad” because I didn’t invite them (mostly FI’s family which he didn’t wanted to have in our wedding), but I am feeling the complete opposite! I feel like my party is exclusive, intimate and so special ; ) LOL I might be evil…

Post # 19
124 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015 - Restaurant

View original reply
orchids15:  My parents are paying for most of the reception (it was their idea, after all) but Fiance and I are paying -from our pockets- our ceremony, favors, dress, and cake. I know it sounds a little but it has been a lot of money for us! I have a teacher’s salary and he works as an independt lawyer :S so we are in a tight budget. We have been eating chicken nuggets and salad for the last weeks, LOL.

So yup, wedding are expensive…and sometimes I just wish to elope, BUT I know how important this event is for my family and I am pretty certain I am creating memories with my Fiance for the future..so I just hang in there and continue eating jell-o while wedding planning (hey! It has been helping me lose weight..hehehe~)

Post # 20
1294 posts
Bumble bee

June 21st here! Just finished altering my mom’s veil tonight! My dress is still at the seamstress, but it is coming together. I still have my shower and (very late but included in the package) engagement photos on the 16th of this month. 

View original reply
FutureMrsKHBD:  There are always invite issues! we are also having a small friends and clsoe fmaily wedding around 50-60 people. I had to tell a few people that they did not get a +1, and then I had friends who are not atending becaue they were hurt they were on the “B” list. Sometimes you just can’t win. Ultimately , I am happy we are keeping it small. People seem to forget that it’s your wedding and your day, so you get to choose who to invite and who qualifies as “family.”

Post # 21
31 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2015 - Brakefield

June 27th bride here. I’m a teacher and I’m having to focus all of my energy on finishing out the school year, so planning is on the backburner right now. I’m going to order some of my flowers from Costco this week. But once June 5th hits, I’m going to be in bridezilla mode 😉

Post # 22
83 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
FutureMrsKHBD:  June bride here too! getting married on the 14th! How about everyone else. Congrats to you all! ♥ oh and PS – how did you get your cute profile pic? totally off topic I know, but I notice so many in here have those cute cartoons!

Post # 25
83 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
FutureMrsKHBD:  Thank you! Well June 6th is getting closer and closer ♥ Yes, I figured out how to get the cute cartoon!

The topic ‘June 2015 Brides’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors