(Closed) June 2015 Brides: What do you have left to do?! I am so overwhelmed

posted 6 years ago in June 2015
Post # 31
78 posts
Worker bee

1) Decide whether to go with real flowers or really nice designer silk ones, then book the florist<br /><br />2) Decide on centerpieces and start putting them together

3) Find cake maker, order cake

4) Practice calligraphy for addressing invitations, address invitations

5) Help my parents/family book rooms and flights

6) Pick music for DJ

7) Engagement photos

8) Finish booking rehearsal dinner (FMIL supposedly taking care of this)

9) Buy shoes and accessories

10) Help groom and Groomsmen get suits

11) Finish registering

12) Buy wedding bands

13) Finalize music for ceremony

14) Buy placecard cardstock and make them

15) Meet with venue to finalize decor rentals from them

16) Finish planning DIY decor and making it with my BMs

17) Manage RSVPs

Post # 32
151 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

Ok I’ll join in. I still have to get my invites In. They are in production. Fitting is in April. Fi has not even looked at suits yet. None of my bridesmaids bought dresses. Have to finish my other shoe (one done woo hoo). Then my flower girl and ring bearers suit. Then I’m done. Other than paying the last few things off. I feel like I’m behind though. 

Post # 33
984 posts
Busy bee

We are going to book the caterer from the tasting last night, $13/person for 3 entree choices, 2 sides, and a salad!

Can’t beat it. I’m seriously stoked because the food was SO delish!

Post # 34
905 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
BdiBdi:  great!! Did you set a menu or were you just presented with lots of options and you’ll decide later?

Post # 35
984 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
EL2101:  We’re pretty sure our menu will be:

House Salad

Spinach & Artichoke Stuffed Chicken

Chef Carved Prime Rib

and

Sundried tomato cream sauce with onions, mushrooms, baby spinach, fresh grated parmesan cheese with penne pasta

and two sides, probably roasted potatoes & mixed seasoned veggies

Post # 36
9 posts
Newbee

OMG this post just stressed me all the way out!! lol. Great job ladies on having so much done! I’ve been on a “non-planning protest” for the past 2 weeks but you’ve just inspired me to get back on it. Especially since I see that I’m soooo behind.

Post # 37
868 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2016 - Cherry Orchard

@fifa1 who is your chicago dress maker?! Haven’t had much luck with custom here in the city. Thanks! 

Post # 38
868 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2016 - Cherry Orchard

View original reply
Fifa1:  who is your dress maker?!Having a terrible time finding custom in chicago. Thanks! 

Post # 39
18 posts
Newbee

I got engaged the day after thanksgiving and I have literally everything done besides the rest of payments, FH’s tux, and we need to send out invites. Dress is altered, I pick it up feb 22nd! Invites are sitting in my closet and we plan to send them out 4-5 weeks before the wedding! 

Post # 40
905 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
BdiBdi:  Sounds delicious!! I’m jealous of you guys having it pretty figured out. We have absolutely no freaking clue and haven’t heard anything from the caterer regarding setting up a tasting. Not in a shady way just in a… we’re not on their radar yet kind of way. And I’m so impatient!!

Post # 41
223 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
wvkc:  I sent you a PM

Post # 42
984 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
EL2101:  Thanks! It was all sooo good! We are going back to try the prime rib on the 28th. Then we’ll decide on our other entree, whether Prime Rib or one of their other options.

I’m so excited!

I’m starting to stress out about bridesmaid dresses because 3 of them still need dresses, and 1 of the others still needs major alterations.

But I know it’ll all come together in the end.

Post # 43
905 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
BdiBdi:  I am also stressed! Know it will come together but has been very hard to let go of the planning reigns … because then how does it come together?? We need to pick a menu!

Post # 44
296 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

Hey June brides…how are you all doing? Still wanting a wedding? ๐Ÿ˜‰ I cannot believe how fast time is passing and I am finally feeling the pressure! This has been a pretty productive week though so I have to keep reminding myself of not only what has to be done, but what stuff is already complete!

Yesterday we purchased my fiance’s wedding band ๐Ÿ™‚ He was more indecisive than I was choosing mine, lol. I also ordered my dress for my bridal shower which will be held next month ๐Ÿ™‚ Whoo hoo. I ordered the guys ties. I have been in contact back and forth with a flower retailer (I’m DIYing) and have finally narrowed down what flowers we’ll be ordering and will be placing the order by the end of the month. 

Other things I need to get done in the next few weeks are: 

1. sending out invitations

2. finalizing music list

3. Figuring out all of the details for and getting our marriage license

4. Picking out jewelry for both myself and my maids

5. Figuring out our alcohol list-beer, wine, and 2 signiture cocktails (any recommendations on the cocktails would be welcomed!!!)

6. Start tackling the decor!!! Working on the table numbers, seating chart, purchasing frames, vases, etc

7. Cake tasting this weekend. Mmmm ๐Ÿ™‚

8. Hair and make-up trial next weekend…still need to figure out what style I’m going with

Share what you’ve tackled since you posted last ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 45
296 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

View original reply
BdiBdi:  Wow, what a deal! 

The topic ‘June 2015 Brides: What do you have left to do?! I am so overwhelmed’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors