Post # 31
1) Decide whether to go with real flowers or really nice designer silk ones, then book the florist<br /><br />2) Decide on centerpieces and start putting them together
3) Find cake maker, order cake
4) Practice calligraphy for addressing invitations, address invitations
5) Help my parents/family book rooms and flights
6) Pick music for DJ
7) Engagement photos
8) Finish booking rehearsal dinner (FMIL supposedly taking care of this)
9) Buy shoes and accessories
10) Help groom and Groomsmen get suits
11) Finish registering
12) Buy wedding bands
13) Finalize music for ceremony
14) Buy placecard cardstock and make them
15) Meet with venue to finalize decor rentals from them
16) Finish planning DIY decor and making it with my BMs
17) Manage RSVPs
Post # 32
Ok I’ll join in. I still have to get my invites In. They are in production. Fitting is in April. Fi has not even looked at suits yet. None of my bridesmaids bought dresses. Have to finish my other shoe (one done woo hoo). Then my flower girl and ring bearers suit. Then I’m done. Other than paying the last few things off. I feel like I’m behind though.
Post # 33
We are going to book the caterer from the tasting last night, $13/person for 3 entree choices, 2 sides, and a salad!
Can’t beat it. I’m seriously stoked because the food was SO delish!
Post # 34
great!! Did you set a menu or were you just presented with lots of options and you’ll decide later?
Post # 35
We’re pretty sure our menu will be:
Spinach & Artichoke Stuffed Chicken
Chef Carved Prime Rib
Sundried tomato cream sauce with onions, mushrooms, baby spinach, fresh grated parmesan cheese with penne pasta
and two sides, probably roasted potatoes & mixed seasoned veggies
Post # 36
OMG this post just stressed me all the way out!! lol. Great job ladies on having so much done! I’ve been on a “non-planning protest” for the past 2 weeks but you’ve just inspired me to get back on it. Especially since I see that I’m soooo behind.
Post # 37
- Wedding: May 2016 - Cherry Orchard
@fifa1 who is your chicago dress maker?! Haven’t had much luck with custom here in the city. Thanks!
Post # 38
- Wedding: May 2016 - Cherry Orchard
who is your dress maker?!Having a terrible time finding custom in chicago. Thanks!
Post # 39
I got engaged the day after thanksgiving and I have literally everything done besides the rest of payments, FH’s tux, and we need to send out invites. Dress is altered, I pick it up feb 22nd! Invites are sitting in my closet and we plan to send them out 4-5 weeks before the wedding!
Post # 40
Sounds delicious!! I’m jealous of you guys having it pretty figured out. We have absolutely no freaking clue and haven’t heard anything from the caterer regarding setting up a tasting. Not in a shady way just in a… we’re not on their radar yet kind of way. And I’m so impatient!!
Post # 42
Thanks! It was all sooo good! We are going back to try the prime rib on the 28th. Then we’ll decide on our other entree, whether Prime Rib or one of their other options.
I’m so excited!
I’m starting to stress out about bridesmaid dresses because 3 of them still need dresses, and 1 of the others still needs major alterations.
But I know it’ll all come together in the end.
Post # 43
I am also stressed! Know it will come together but has been very hard to let go of the planning reigns … because then how does it come together?? We need to pick a menu!
Post # 44
Hey June brides…how are you all doing? Still wanting a wedding? 😉 I cannot believe how fast time is passing and I am finally feeling the pressure! This has been a pretty productive week though so I have to keep reminding myself of not only what has to be done, but what stuff is already complete!
Yesterday we purchased my fiance’s wedding band 🙂 He was more indecisive than I was choosing mine, lol. I also ordered my dress for my bridal shower which will be held next month 🙂 Whoo hoo. I ordered the guys ties. I have been in contact back and forth with a flower retailer (I’m DIYing) and have finally narrowed down what flowers we’ll be ordering and will be placing the order by the end of the month.
Other things I need to get done in the next few weeks are:
1. sending out invitations
2. finalizing music list
3. Figuring out all of the details for and getting our marriage license
4. Picking out jewelry for both myself and my maids
5. Figuring out our alcohol list-beer, wine, and 2 signiture cocktails (any recommendations on the cocktails would be welcomed!!!)
6. Start tackling the decor!!! Working on the table numbers, seating chart, purchasing frames, vases, etc
7. Cake tasting this weekend. Mmmm 🙂
8. Hair and make-up trial next weekend…still need to figure out what style I’m going with
Share what you’ve tackled since you posted last 🙂