(Closed) June 2015 POAS

posted 5 years ago in TTC
Post # 61
1156 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

lalalalauren:  I don’t blame you. Do you have cheapy Amazon tests? If you do, I’ll act as an enabler and tell you to go ahead and test in the morning from here on out. ๐Ÿ™‚ But I won’t encourage testing more than once a day. haha.

Post # 62
2208 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

MechEBee:  love the encouragement! Lol thanks!!! I don’t have any cheapies. I’m gonna wait to test til Tuesday morning. I’m spending the night in a hotel for a girls night tonight with my Mother-In-Law & SILS and I wouldn’t be able to keep it from them if it was positive. And my Darling Husband probably wouldn’t like to know after them, haha. At least it’s a good distraction! 

Post # 63
1156 posts
Bumble bee

lalalalauren:  The cheapies are a godsend. Haha, I don’t feel guilty about testing when I’m pretty sure it’ll be negative. I think I got 50 of them for $20 or something like that. They were especially helpful after my MC so I could track the line getting fainter. And because I was also getting blood drawn, I know they give a faint line at levels as low as 13! Even though they only advertise that they detect down to 25. So I feel pretty confident that if I do get a BFP, I can get it fairly early even on a cheapy ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 64
2208 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

MechEBee:  wow awesome! Any particular brand you recommend? So sorry about your MC. Before I had Dear Daughter I had a missed MC and had to have a D&C. I’m sure miscarrying naturally was a lot harder emotionally. FX for us both!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  .
Post # 65
1156 posts
Bumble bee

lalalalauren:  Yea, my MC was a whole ‘nother story. I used cytotec, then found out I needed a D&C 5 months later. I MC’d on new years at 12 weeks and I’m CD2 of the first cycle I can try again. It’s been a LONG wait. I’m not even sure what brand I use, they just say “hCG” on the front. Amazon says they are AccuMed.

Here is a link from where I get them:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O1974AA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

Post # 66
1601 posts
Bumble bee

theshannondee:  Awwww what an adorable puppy!

Hi Ladies!

How is everyone?

Am I the only one that is thinking about whether AF will come this next month and having a hard time waiting to test before I should? I’ve got babies on the brain! Definetely want this really bad and hoping that it will happen someday soon. In my case, I take a medication that has really increased my prolactin level. Not sure if this is preventing me from becoming pregnant but with a level of 94 it’s been a struggle just to finally get my period after coming off birth control pills. My doctor gave me a prescription for Cabergoline to fill in about 3 weeks time depending on if I get my period, what a pregnancy test shows, etc. I wish it would be as easy for me as it has been for friends of mine to get pregnant, but I know I shouldn’t compare myself to others like that. I have a lot of support through talking with my mom, and just trying to have a lot of faith.

Looking forward to reading everyone’s stories as the month progresses! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 67
1727 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Okay so I decided to start OPKs today. I took one and there was a second line. I know that the line has to be the same color as the control line right? Also since there is does that mean my ovulation is close? I’m on CD17 and last month I had a 45 day cycle sinc it was my first month off BCP.  

Post # 68
1156 posts
Bumble bee

MrsAlvey:  I believe it needs to be “as dark or darker” than the control line. It’s hard to really know if you haven’t taken them before. Some women surge very obviously and their positive test will be twice as dark as the control line. Others suge a little less and may never quite get the test line as dark as the control line. I think you may need a bit of a baseline to know for sure when it is positive for you or not. OPKs are kind of like reading tea leaves. Haha.

Post # 69
1727 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

MechEBee:  okay thanks! I wasn’t planning on using them so I don’t really know anything about them. I guess I will keep taking them and see if they get darker!

Post # 70
1298 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Your age/partner’s age: 29/33

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD 16

Ovulation Date: June 4th i believe

POAS Date/Usual Cycle Length: 33 average. 

Cycles Trying: third cycle 

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.):still taking my prenatals but after two stressful cycles I am not tracking thIs month. I just can’t take the stress After the loss of my Mother-In-Law. we will BD when the mood strikes but I’m not pressuring us this month. I just need one stress free cycle. 

Link to Chart, if any:

Just for fun — Are you taking a summer vacation? If so, where? We were just in Miami last week which was amazing. I’m taking classes over the summer so no big vacations but our good friends have a house on the Cape we go to a few weekends. 

Post # 71
1601 posts
Bumble bee

BeeinBoston:  Sorry for your loss. 

Well l think I made a mistake in my roll call with my ovulation date. I’ve been figuring it out on my phone but I can’t edit. I just read a great article on fertility friend about dpo and taking pregnancy tests. Very informative. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 72
2085 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

ROLL CALL!

Your age/partner’s age: 30/31

Baby #:  1

Current Cycle Day/DPO:  CD 19, DPO 6

Ovulation Date:  May 25th

POAS Date/Usual Cycle Length:  June 8th

Cycles Trying: this is our 3rd

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.):  Temping and OPKs

Link to Chart, if any:

Just for fun — Are you taking a summer vacation? If so, where? – Nope, can’t afford it.  We just took our belated 2 week carribean honeymoon in April/May and just firmed up our offer on a new build home today.   So we are seriously lacking extra funds!  But if all goes to plan, we’ll be closing on our house in exactly 1 year.  Hopefully with a new little baby to bring home. 

The topic ‘June 2015 POAS’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors