June 2017 brides!! Where are you at with planning?

posted 1 year ago in June 2017
Post # 2
219 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

Oh yay!! You lucky gal!! We just got engaged a few months ago but we have:

ceremony & reception contract signed and deposit paid. 

Officiant (a friend is doing it)

Talking with photographers & videographers this week

just went for my FIRST dress appt today. I LOVE IT!! 

lovestinalane :  what day are you getting married? 

Post # 4
219 posts
Helper bee

lovestinalane :  DATE TWINS!!! We’re getting married on the 24th as well 🙂 it’s 2 days from our 5 year anniversary 🙂 

I found one I definitely liked but my parents weren’t there and I definitely want their approval. Are you an indoor or outdoor ceremony? We are doing an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception at the same location in Utah 🙂 sooooo excited!! 

Post # 6
223 posts
Helper bee

I got engaged over Christmas, and now that June 2017 is decided, it finally seems real! 

My father, (who I am blessed to have planning/paying for the wedding), has found a venue that he loves: A historic mansion that was recently purchased by the college he works at. It will most likely end up being there, but I’m a bit tentative because it’s tented, and I’m worried about weather. Plus, other weddings held there in the past have been semi-formal, and I want formal. Buuuut, it’s my dad’s call because he’s kind enough to be doing everything for me, so I’ll most likely go with it, and have it done up to suit my wedding. (So, venue, kinda. But, I’m having a Bridezilla moment). 

My friend offered to officiate, so set there. 

I also know a good DJ who will give me a discount, so I’ll most likely go with him. 

Wedding party is selected.

I found a dress that I’m very serious about. The Alfred Angelo Belle 2016 dress. So, hopefully 🙂

My colors are blush and gold. I’m going with a very Marie Antionette-era kind of vibe when it comes to decor.

Post # 8
36 posts
Newbee

June 16, 2017 bride here!! 

We just got engaged in May so we still have a lot let to do! 

Venue/caterer/bar: booked, waiting for contract and to pay deposit

Church: booked

Dress: found one now I need to purchase 

Cake: we found our person, now to go over details

everything else: working on it lol 

Post # 9
223 posts
Helper bee

lovestinalane :  Not yet. My sister, the maid-of-honor, lives in Denver. I only get to see her around Christmas, so I plan to really get down to dress business around then.

I am still not 100% on the dress, since I would opt for the gold over ivory option, and I don’t know if it would be too gaudy. But thankfully, my FMIL, who lives in Southern NJ, has an Alfred Angelo boutique near her, so I’ll likely be able to try the dress before then. 

Here are some pictures of the dress, though they’re shown in white/gold, not ivory/gold:

I’m not sure what to put my bridesmaids in that would be complimentary, or what kind of flowers would look good.

Post # 10
219 posts
Helper bee

lovestinalane :  oh yay!!! So much twinning!! 🙂 that definitely makes sense for Fl! I’m sure it’ll be gorgeous!!! Our colors are black, sparkly rose gold, and Tiffany blue 🙂 

I think I found “the one” but my dad wasn’t there and his opinion means the world to me so I can’t fully say yes until he sees it in person. I should hopefully have it finalized by September 🙂 yay!! 

What are your colors? And if you don’t mind me asking what dress did you get? 

Post # 11
219 posts
Helper bee

mrshesstobe :  that sounds gorgeous!! That’s so generous of your father I’m sure he LOVES doing it 😉 my parents are paying for the majority so their decisions matter a ton 🙂 I get you girl 😉 

Post # 12
453 posts
Helper bee

June 10, here. And great June 2017 brides think alike as my dress is blush and gold is another color in our palette. 🙂 I was feeling very behind and jumped to it this week. Here’s where we are:

Venue was paid off this week!

Dj, photographer, caterer, baker, and florist have deposits. Menu picked, cookies being made as favors, and first payment made to caterer. 

Guest list almost done. Save the dates and invites being picked next week! Almost ready to book hotel blocks. Priced and designed welcome bags for guests. Created map. Registry begun.

Officiant choosen, waiting to hear back. Day of coordinator contacted us to do a meet and greet.

Condo for honeymoon booked! Flights researched. 

Found and bought the dress! And veil. And earrings. And wreath. Trying to decide on shoes. 

I really enjoyed reading where you each are and all your ideas. Any other dresses found or fallen in love with? Any tips or tricks youve already had to learn? I love how each wedding looks to be different while also showing the commonalities like being on or near an anni and colors. 🙂 Congrats, bees!

Post # 13
39 posts
Newbee

Wow, you all are way ahead. We got engaged in November, and I feel like time is catching up on me.

Venue (includes food & drink) – booked & first payment made.
DJ & ceremony music – booked & deposit made
Wedding coordinator – booked & deposit made
Dress – bought, and deposit made.
Photographer – booked, and engagement pics scheduled for the end of September.

I’ve been looking at florists. I had an appointment with one I really liked, and they’re doing my friend’s wedding, so I want to see how hers looks next weekend before I book anyone. I have no idea about officiants yet. Bridesmaid dresses are proving to be a huge headache. I have a preliminary guest list and it’s so much arguing with my parents about it.

Post # 14
243 posts
Helper bee

June 3, 2017 bride here!  We got engaged last August and I started planning almost immediately.  I wanted a June 2016 wedding but logistically it wasn’t going to work because of finance’s and my FI’s brother’s wedding.  I’m so, so happy that we are under the year mark now!  Here’s where I’m at, and I included dates in case any future brides come poking around in here:

Venue (with exclusive caterer): booked and deposit paid 12/15

Dress:  purchased 3/16, dress arrived 5/16 (waaaaayyy earlier than expected, oh well)

Photographer:  booked and deposit paid 3/16, engagement photos taken 5/16

DJ:  booked and deposit paid 6/16

Wedding Planner (day of coordinator):  booked and deposit paid 6/16, same company as DJ

Florist:  I’ve received several quotes and am in the process of narrowing it down and figuring out my best option.  I plan to have my florist booked by mid-August.

Videographer:  I have just started researching because I didn’t think it was in the budget.  Now I feel like I’ll regret not having one, so I’m trying to find a budget friendly option!

Save the Dates:  I just put in my order from Minted!  I’m still in the proof approval process, because I wanted my design to be tweaked, so I’m waiting on an updated proof.  I want to have these sent out by the end of August since we’re having a destination wedding.

Website:  I purchased a domain name and am actively updating the site to get all of the info we need up before Save the Dates go out.

Room Blocks:  I finally booked a room block at our preferred hotel, and am working on getting a 2nd block set up since ALL our guests will be travelling.

I am so glad that most of our big vendors are done or will be done by September!  I really want the last 6 months of our engagement to be about finishing up the little details, with some time for DIY.  I’m in a new job working for a very well known hospitality/entertainment company in Florida, so 99% of my energy is being put into my job so planning isn’t fun right now.  It’s hard to balance everything!

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors