June 2017 brides!! Where are you at with planning?

posted 1 year ago in June 2017
Post # 196
155 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

Got confirmation of my preferred photographer last week, and heard today that we’ve got the celebrant we want (hotel wedding package so you get a few of each to choose from).

Favours came in the other week. Still need to work out what to do about place cards. And must think about wedding rings pretty soon.

Post # 197
9 posts
Newbee

Hi fellow June brides! I’m getting very excited since I know the time is going to fly by. Next week it will be 4 months for June 3!

Booked/Done: Church, Reception Venue, Photographer (got engagement photos in October), Videographer, DJ, Florist, Dress, Officiant, Hair and Makeup, Cake, Limo Bus, Ceremony Musician, Hotel Room Block, Rehearsal Dinner Restaurant, Save the Dates sent, Bought Invitations/Stamps/Thank You Cards, Bought some décor, Bought most of bridesmaid gifts, Got free guestbook from Shutterfly, Website is up and running

Still to Do:

• Tasting with other caterer, decide and book caterer (had one tasting this weekend)
  • Pick out the men’s attire
  • 3 girls still need to order their bridesmaid dress from Azazie (4 have already gotten theirs)
  • Buy a lot of miscellaneous stuff: shower dress, earrings, veil, hairpiece, cake topper, photo props, photo booth backdrop, card box, sparklers, glow sticks, bubbles, special linens I want for sweetheart table, place cards, programs, etc. (this is the part stressing me out the most because there are so many little things!)
  • Figure out a lot of timeline and logistics stuff (also stressful)

Coming up:

• Have appointments on April 1<sup>st</sup> for hair trial, makeup trial, and first alterations fitting
  • Going to flower wholesaler with florist to pick flowers and designs
  • Bridal Shower is being planned for end of April
  • Additional pre-marital counseling meetings with officiant
Post # 198
1 posts
Wannabee

June 16th here!

I have:

Booked the venue (all-in-one hotel location)

Booked DJ

“Booked” officiant (one of our friends!)

Booked Photographer

Ordered the Cake

Almost booked ceremony/coctail hour musician (family friend who hasn’t written up contract, ugh!)

Ordered bridesmaids dresses

Ordered and sent STDs

Ordered and addressed invites (will send next month)

Purchased shoes and accessories (not wearing a veil)

Purchased bridesmaids, groomsman, flower girl, ring bearer, and hubby gifts

Purchased toasting flutes and cake servers (from things remembered and had them personalized)

Purchased place cards and thank you cards (got our first gift last month!)

Booked honeymoon flights and apartments (yay AirBnB!)

Up next:

Send invites

Purchase groom and groomsmen attire

Purchase favors (waiting for a more accurate guest count)

Figure out hair and make-up

Finalize flowers (have a friend who is a florist helping me do them)

Purchase decor items

Go to tasting (scheduled for March 10th)

Get dress altered

Wedding day timeline

We live in Arizona and are getting married in Southern California so it has been somewhat stressful putting everythin together, but we are managing fairly well!

Post # 199
155 posts
Blushing bee

Picked up my dress today! Only needs some minor alterations so Im very relieved.

Post # 200
2302 posts
Buzzing bee

Bridesmaid dresses purchased!

MOB dress purchased!

Fiinishing up wedding invtiation guest list with addresses

Finishing touches on invitations

Flowers: ugh screwed this one up. I think I waited too long. I thought I was gonna DIY them then after some serious thought I realized thats a bad idea since there would be no time.  Trying to find a florist.  No luck so far. 🙁

Post # 201
101 posts
Blushing bee

June 24th here.  Church, musicians, venue, limo, dj, cake, catering, photographer, honeymoon all booked and mostly paid for.  Dress and undergarments bought, along with accessories.  Alterations start next month.   Invitations are made, addressed and stamped.  They willl be mailed mid April.  Started making flowers this past weekend. Also made card box and cake stand this past weekend.  Box that my ring bearer will carry is finished.  Will finish making favor bags with hershey’s kisses in them tomorrow.  Bridesmaid dress shopping on Sunday, at Macy’s so should be easy. I feel like we’ve got a great start.  Now if only we could finish house remodeling, house selling, and house buying I would feel like I could relax lol

Post # 202
264 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: LA Athletic Club

June 3rd for us and it’s coming up quickly! We’ve booked our venue(catering/appetizers comes with the venue) Dj, pianist/guitar player, florist, cake, coordinator, bridesmaids dresses and finally ordered my dress!

I still need to order the flower girl dresses, fiancé and groomsmen tuxes, final food tasting, figure out where to have our rehearsal dinner, extra decor, order invites and book hair and makeup for my bridesmaids and mom. We need to finalize our guest list still since my fiancés family is from Iraq (but most of them live in Dubai and Europe) and Trump is trying to ban them. 

Post # 203
40 posts
Newbee

Not long now ladies!

June 4th here for an  elopement!

we are flying from the Gold Coast Australia to Las Vegas. I’ve booked a ceremony in the garden gazebo at the flamingo for 4pm. 702 glam squad are doing my hair and makeup. We are then going with our photographer luxlife out to take pics in a dry lake bed. 

We still need to decide on wedding songs – thinking Kenny Rogers the gambler and dire straits Romeo and Juliet?

Wedding dinner will be at Denny’s and then off to Miami for a quick 4 day honeymoon before flying home.

my dress 

My veil

My earrings

Maybe these flowers

My shoes

Post # 204
155 posts
Blushing bee

5 weeks to go for me. Finally picked out my ring, just need to confirms the other half’s ring. One last minute guest (destination “elopement”) who spent months refusing to come and now wants to attend, just days before my guest deadline.

Post # 205
283 posts
Helper bee

I’m finally excited for our June 30 wedding, after about 2 years of anxious dread and procrastinating. Everyone sounds excited to attend, without there being a lot of undue pressure or family drama. I’m very grateful. 

– I went for the first fitting with the seamstress yesterday… I was a bit sad to leave the gown there! Haha. 

– Invites sent.

– Veil and hair piece purchased.

Next up:

– Book hair trial and makeup trial

– Do a flower trial. I’d really like to make my own bouquet, boutonniers and corsages. We can afford a florist, but I love gardening and it would mean a lot to me to have the personal touch of buying my own flowers and making those myself. If I don’t like how they turn out, I’ll cave and find a florist. 

– Decide on our menu, and talk to the caterer re a deposit or what not. FH gets that job, he and his coworkers eat at their restaurant regularly. 

– Sign the contract with the officiant and put down our deposit. We’re just waiting for her to sort out a tech issue on her end with the e-contract.

– Find shoes. And earrings. And a necklace. surprised I hate shopping. 

Post # 206
100 posts
Blushing bee

I feel like the first 6 months went quite slow (June 2016 to January this year), but then the last 4-5 have flown!

We are pretty on track, there are only a few hiccups to sort (one bridesmaid dress wasn’t made to measure correctly). 

I’m now in the week for trial hair and makeup, dress fitting and veil making. 

We chose our menu for the reception and have a tasting in a fortnight. 

It really feels like just finishing up the details, although I’m sure I’ve forgotten something! haha

Post # 207
2302 posts
Buzzing bee

June 24th is rapidly approaching!

Invites are going out tomorrow. I’m late on this..eh what can you do..my family friends already know.

Hair and makeup trial next week.

Second dress fitting next week

I need to make the last payment on things

I also need to buy white candles…

I think I am okay…but who really knows?

Post # 208
283 posts
Helper bee

Officiant booked and paid. Flower trial done and it was fun! I made a few mistakes but that was the point of trying it out first. 

Post # 209
435 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2017 - Country Cottage and Gardens

I had my second dress fitting and first shower this weekend. We mostly just have the small things left to order and some small DIYs. I have to find out if we’re even doing a flower trial since our venue is all inclusive. I’m a little stressed with florals because I think the florist that was at the venue when I booked has since left and I’m not sure if they’ve hired someone new yet. 

Post # 210
155 posts
Blushing bee

Applied for our wedding license and booked the appointment to have it issued. And one guest has decided they probably wont come, four days after we confirmed final numbers and paid the balance. Not impressed.

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors