June 2017 POAS

posted 3 years ago in TTC
Post # 46
224 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

MargaritaVille, My husband and I have been talking about having kids since April 2015 (right after we got engaged) and I posted in the who is going to start TTCing in June 2017 thread and mentally that was okay lets see what we can get done by June 2017 to see if we are ready to start TTC. Last month we basically started NTNP and I had an anxiety attack that lasted on and off for two weeks. I am absolutely ecstatic about being a mom and can’t wait but then I have these moments of like holy crap we would be actually raising a human being (versus our pets). My husband has absolutely no doubts and is 1000% ready but I have to overthink everything 15 million times and freak myself out lol.

mama2bee71: Okay I’ll post when I get back from lunch haha.

Post # 47
473 posts
Helper bee

MargaritaVille :  Happy belated mothers day! My dad has a new girlfriend, so I know how much a hug in a patchwork family means ๐Ÿ™‚  FX that this is your cycle!

Post # 48
473 posts
Helper bee

mama2bee71 :  Sometimes I feel like OPKs make me feel like something is happening and it is not just wait wait wait and more wait.

Post # 49
1756 posts
Buzzing bee

lovebirds2016 :  You just described me when we first started NTNP. I was a bundle of nerves!! SO on the other hand was 10249573832975% sure. He already has a DS, so his first time nerves are gone. And he went through the ringer with DS’s mom, and our relationship is a lot more stable than theirs ever was, which calms his nerves even more. (Honestly, I don’t really know what does get his nerves in a tizzy!) We had talked about a baby before NTNP, but our first month NTNP wasn’t actually planned. We had an oops in what I thought was my FW. I had taken Plan B before and it made my hormones whacked, so I didn’t want to do that again. So we decided to roll the dice. It’s been 10 months since then and every month I’m more sure I want this, too! It’s always scary at first. If you know deep down, below that anxiety, that this is what you want, I suggest to power through it. Especially if you have anxiety! Anxiety makes me feel many times that I’ll never be ready, but for me, pushing myself through my anxieties has been the best path to healing. Each win shows me I can handle it.

That first BFN might hit you harder than you think, and then you’ll know for sure what you want. Not to mention, I just thought about all the other parents who have done it with less, and it helped to quell my anxieties. Feel free to PM me whenever you want. I get it.

Post # 50
224 posts
Helper bee

MargaritaVille : I definitely will pm you. My anxiety is so bad that I had to go get an ultrasound done to check my bladder and uterus (a bit TMI?) because I had all kinds of weird symptoms for two weeks. Turn out it was all in my head.

Post # 51
224 posts
Helper bee

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 26/28

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: 11

Ovulation Date: Around May 28th

POAS Date: Around June 11th

Usual Cycle Length: 37-42

Cycles Trying: 1

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Prenatals and charting (well attempting to) 

Trying anything new this month? Everything is new!

I’ll add the TTC pic later ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 55
431 posts
Helper bee

I LOVE reading these threads! Do you guys have the link to the charting thread? I am getting married in 18 days so I’m not quite ready to jump in on the roll call yet (even though we decided last night to NTNP-for the first time in our relationship- until the wedding then TTC right away) and I get the jist of charting but not all of it!  

What is POAS & DPO?

Is temping necessary if you have super regular cycles (always 28 days, period is always 3 days, EWCM is always 3 days, FF shows me being 100% regular)?  Or could your ovulation dates still be different than what the app is predicting?

Post # 57
9578 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2016

hawkeyebride2be :  when you’re that regular, I honestly would just try for a month or two without anything (make sure to have sex every other day around the 14th day of your cycle).  Yes, you could ovulate earlier or later.. there’s no guarantee your luteal phase (the time between ovulation and your period) is 14 days.. 12-14 is normal, many women have less than 12, very few have more.. so I’d bet you ovulate somewhere between the 12th and 18th day of your cycle.  

This may sound like a dumb question, but I don’t know you so I need to ask.  Anyway: are these 28 day cycles while you’re on the pill?

Post # 58
431 posts
Helper bee

amanda1988 :  My cycles have always been like that.  While on the pill for 10+ years they were regular and when I stopped in December they didn’t miss a beat.

Post # 59
9578 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2016

hawkeyebride2be :  ok. cool, as long as the data is since December you’re good. sorry, there have been a few people lately who have mistakenly thought that any cycle data while on the pill was informative, just wanted to make sure.

Post # 60
431 posts
Helper bee

amanda1988 :  For sure!  Didn’t start charting until Januaryish so was definitely off BC by then

ETA: I didn’t start charting until January but I have always marked my periods on my calendar and always knew the exact day that the next one would come.  I didn’t know anything about CM before I started charting so I can’t say for sure that I always had EWCM on those exact 3 days while on the pill, but I knew there was a trend and since I got off the pill I have had it on exactly the 3 days that FF predicts every month.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors