June 2018 babies & mamas

posted 3 months ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
2692 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

I’m not expecting but I just wanted to share the joy and wish all of you expectant parents a happy and healthy pregnancy!! X

Post # 4
474 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

bridetobe44 :  

Yay! I’m so happy to be here. I hope I’m not doing this too prematurely. This all still feels surreal and like this didn’t just happen, but I’m hoping and praying for a sticky healthy baby πŸ™‚ 

ROLL CALL

How far along are you?  3 weeks, 4 days (13 DPO)

What is your estimated due date?  June 3, 2018

What baby # is this? 1!!!!

How many cycles trying? 2, didn’t think we were in it because we only BDed twice due to travel. Guess it’s true, it only takes one time πŸ™‚

When did you get your BFP? Yesterday 9/20 at 12 DPO

Who have you told? Nobody, this is the scariest and hardest part so far!

When do you plan on telling more people? Not sure, we live away from our families and I feel like this is news we should share in person. So that means we’ll have to wait until the holidays. I also kind of want to wait until things are progressing further because I’m a worst case scenario type of person and I’m nervous about all the what ifs.

How did you tell your partner? Telling him on Sunday! We’re huge football (NFL) fans and I often give him a hard time, gloating about how much better other teams are than his. I also pretend not to cheer for his team, he doesn’t care and thinks it’s pretty funny this is the one thing we don’t have in common. So since his team plays prime time this week, I bought a onesie of his fav team and plan on giving it to him right before kickoff. Fingers crossed I can keep the secret that long AND his team wins. 

Any symptoms yet? DIZZINESS! I think that was my first sign something was off. Some days I feel like I’ve just stepped off a merry go round. That and cramps. No sore boobs, not overly tired or nauseous (yet!), none of the very common symptoms so it kinda threw me off.

What are you most excited about? Being a mommy! I haven’t wanted something SO bad in like ever. I finally feel like it’s my turn. In real life, I’m a pretty laid back person and rarely express my deepest fears, desires, etc. This is the first time I’ve admitted these feelings out loud! Good, bad, ugly….I’m ready for it all. Can’t wait to meet this little peanut and watch him/her grow into a wonderful, kind and loving person <3 

When is your first appt? Was waiting until AF was officially late before calling for a blood test and booking the 1st appt.

Are you planning on finding out the baby’s gender? YES!! But I always imagined keeping the secret between me and DH. I kinda want everyone else to be surprised once he or she arrives.   

Post # 5
1545 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

ROLL CALL:

How far along are you?  11 DPO

What is your estimated due date? June 5/18 

What baby # is this? 2

How many cycles trying? 1

When did you get your BFP? This morning!

Who have you told? My hubby, and then the bees on here, and from my sons group.

When do you plan on telling more people? We will tell our family Canadian thanksgiving (first week of October), and then I don’t know for the real world 

How did you tell your partner? I POAS and went to get my son for the morning. DH saw the results before I did

Any symptoms yet? Been feeling nauseous all week, and crampy

What are you most excited about? Feeling the baby kicks. I miss those.

When is your first appt? I will call my family doctor on Monday to get blood work, and my midwife has a form online so I will fill that out today.

Are you planning on finding out the baby’s gender? ABSOLUTELY

Post # 6
73 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Tentatively roll calling – I haven’t told anyone except my husband and I’m about to burst!  Congratulations to the rest of you June mamas!

ROLL CALL:

How far along are you?  3 weeks, 5 days (12 dpo)

What is your estimated due date?  June 4, 2018

What baby # is this?  1!

How many cycles trying?  4

When did you get your BFP?  Yesterday, kind of.  I had some internet cheapies, so I tested with one and got a BFP.  I immediately dipped another test from a more recent batch and it was a BFN.  Tested today with an FRER and got my official BFP!

Who have you told?  Just my husband so far. 

When do you plan on telling more people?  I have a stagette tonight.  I am getting ready and pre-drinking with two close friends this afternoon, so I think I’ll tell them today (since I won’t be drinking and they’ll know something’s up).  I also have a long running group chat with four other close friends.  They know my husband and I are trying, and we’ve been through a lot together (3 BFPs, 1 miscarriage – none of them mine).  Two will also be attending the stagette tonight, so with the help of my four friends I’ll hopefully be able to bluff my way through not drinking!  I’d like to tell my sister ASAP because we’re really close and she is 19 weeks.  I’m sure we’ll tell our parents once we get it confirmed by the doctor, maybe at (Canadian) Thanksgiving (good idea!).  We’ll go public after the first trimester.

How did you tell your partner?  We work together, so yesterday we went out for lunch and I told him I wanted to pop into a store to grab an FRER because I might be pregnant!  So romantic, eh? 

Any symptoms yet?  Minor bouts of nausea, boobs are starting to get a little sore, and I’ve had some weird spasming twinges in my lower abdomen the past few days

What are you most excited about?  Everything!  The belly, being a mom, seeing my husband become a dad

When is your first appt?  Haven’t made one yet

Are you planning on finding out the baby’s gender?  Nope!

Post # 7
474 posts
Helper bee

I’m really looking forward to going through this journey with all of you. Especially the 1st time mamas πŸ™‚ How are you all staying positive through all of this? I’m trying to stay as positive and happy as I can but a lot of worries and bad thoughts have been creeping in. Esp during these 1st few weeks. Any advice keeping the distractions out?

Post # 8
1545 posts
Bumble bee

CarolinaJames :  No advice on keeping the thoughts out, but welcome to motherhood. I was never any good at keeping the thoughts away with my son, and I’m already worried about this little one. Just really try not to google anything unless you’ve talked to people and no one knows. There are too many horror stories out there. 

Post # 9
474 posts
Helper bee

ceamoste :  Glad to know I’m not alone! When I’m not running to the bathroom checking my CM or panties, I’m on different threads reading up on stats for mamas my age and things to look for etc. I’ve also spent way more on HPTs after the BFP that I did leading up to this. I think part of it is the AF-like cramps making me think something is going on in there. Gonna be a long nine months! 

Post # 11
1545 posts
Bumble bee

How are you ladies doing symptom wise so far? 3W6D here, and aside from feeling like I have to #2 all the time (so much gas!), I hate the feeling of constant nausea. Thankfully it isn’t bad, and I by no means feel like throwing up, but it’s like a nervous pit in your stomach on steroids, all the freaking time. It is exhausting 😞

Post # 12
704 posts
Busy bee

Hi mamas!

I am posting here because my EDD is May 30 but I feel like because I’m a FTM I’ll be overdue…. also I don’t want to see all the May mamas have their babies when I’m ready to be done being pregnant and make it feel longer. Hope you don’t mind me posing as a June mama!

Here’s my roll call:

How far along are you?  4 weeks, 5 days

What is your estimated due date? May 30, 2018

What baby # is this? 1!

How many cycles trying? Over a year… we were seeing a RE and bought the clomid but never used it because I got my BFP!

When did you get your BFP? Sept 17, 11DPO

Who have you told? My immediate family and in-laws, and my bookclub girls (they’ve had to help me navigate some work-related drinking events already, and they’ve been along for the whole infertility struggle!)

When do you plan on telling more people? Probably not until 12 weeks, so middle of Nov.

How did you tell your partner? not very nicely…. I told him I thought I might be pregnant and then immediately started bawling

Any symptoms yet? cramping (so scary) and nausea, I’m worried that if that’s started already it’ll get so much worse. Also tender boobs.

What are you most excited about? The time of year that baby will be born….. we’ve been trying for so long that I’ve thought about all the months and all the pros/cons to every part of the year and I love my due date! I’ll also get to miss two busy seasons at work!

When is your first appt? I’m seeing a dr about my Thyroid tomorrow and then I don’t see a midwife until Oct 31 (10 weeks)

Are you planning on finding out the baby’s gender? Definitely. I really want a girl….. all boy nephews and cousins in this family so a girl would be a new experience.

Post # 13
73 posts
Worker bee

I have a bunch of cheapie HPTs so I’m testing every morning to ensure that the line is getting darker.  It’s only slightly reassuring, I’m still a bundle of nerves!

Symptom-wise, I’m feeling pretty good.  Boobs are getting more sore and I have periods of queasiness.  I’m not looking forward to full blown morning sickness.  I’m quite moody (and taking it out on my poor husband).  I’ve also been a complete airhead the past week.  Is this a normal symptom?  It’s terrible! Please forgive any grammatical/spelling errors!

Welcome, AllieBee!   We don’t mind that you’re a poser! πŸ™‚  Congrats on your BFP!

Post # 14
704 posts
Busy bee

coffeeandbaileys :  Thanks! I hear you on the nervousness. I was still temping/charting to reassure myself but stopped this past saturday because it can’t go on forever!

I was an airhead ALL last week… although I’m telling myself that was because of the shock of my BFP and not because of “baby brain”. 

How was the stagette? Does anyone have any good ideas for not giving yourself away at drinking events? I have SO many events that involve drinking in the next 8 weeks and I don’t want people to figure it out! I’m also not one to ever turn down a glass of wine so that could be a problem…. so far i’m thinking of trying to sneak a bottle of non-alcoholic wine into my office and filling up my glass (after “forgetting something at my desk” ) at work events that are at the office. Then I’ll also just hold a glass of wine and put it down and either lose it or my husband will pick it up and drink some at weddings. 

I also need to find a good non-alcoholic alternative because drinking water when everyone else is drinking wine is no fun. Last weekend I had a fancy soda at this italian restaurant while out for dinner but then on the way home I thought I was going to puke (I think because it had so much sugar in it). Anyone have any good ideas?

Post # 15
474 posts
Helper bee

Called and got my 1st appointment booked this AM! Scheduled for Tues Oct 24th. I’ve never been to this doc, which makes me SOOOO nervous. This whole time I never knew my OBGYN didn’t do labor and deliver. I thought all OBGYNs did it. Of course I completely freaked out.

As far as symptoms, same symptoms I’ve had since what I’m calling “implantation day”, dizzzzziiinnneeessss. What makes it a little worse is that I live in a major city with all the hustle and bustle. Some days it’s been so bad I’ve had to stop mid walking and center myself. People walking behind me have been getting super annoyed with me. Crankiness is also starting to be a symptom cause I’m super short tempered and more sarcastic with people these days. Cramps are still off and on but not as bad. I’m also bloating really bad. I seriously want to walk around with my pants unbuttoned all day. And I’m in a wedding this weekend so I’m pretty sure I’ll have to go back to alterations to get the dress taken out some. My boobs are really getting most of the bloat. 

I’d love to hear some ideas for not giving yourself away at drinking events. With this wedding, I know I’m going to be “expected” to drink. The last thing I want to do is announce or tip someone off at my good friend’s wedding. I was thinking of blaming it on a migraine and the meds not mixing well. That’s usually worked when I’ve done it in the past.

Also anybody else already having cravings? My DH thinks mine is soup, I’ve literally had it every day for the past week. It’s not even really cold here yet. But I can’t get enough of it! 

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors