June 2018 babies & mamas

posted 2 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 151
9810 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: City, State

amanda1988 :  We told my dad and immediate family day before yesterday. My dad is super excited and already looking to remodel our house and is putting money away for the baby.

We’ll tell DHs family and our close friends all this week. Once our VIPs know we’ll announce to everyone else.

While it’s super early to tell people our thinking is if something does happen we’ll appreciate the support, secondly, there isn’t anyway to hide it when we leave on our trip. People will put two and two together and I would rather my be in control of telling than other people figuring it out and saying something.

Post # 152
9588 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2016

slomotion :  yeah.. maybe I’m making a bigger deal of it than I should..

Post # 153
2188 posts
Buzzing bee

amanda1988 :   slomotion :  I’ve had cramps/twinges/something for at least a week now. When I had my blood test to confirm pregnancy, I asked me doctor about it. He’s super chill and told me that it’s normal — my uterus is just expanding and that stretching can cause some pains as well as the ovary that ovulated can have some cramping when it does ?? (I kind of stopped listening…). Normal or not, it’s awfully painful! I’ve been told as long as there’s no bleeding, there’s no need to worry.

amanda1988 :  Telling parents is so hard. No advice here, just joining you in the chaos. We have no idea when we’ll tell them. Darling Husband would love to do so in person, but we don’t have any trips to see them scheduled and with my work calendar, it’s not possible to add them in. On top of that, my sister is TTC and has been for a lot longer than I was, so I’m nervous to tell her or my mom, since once my mom knows, it’s bound to be dropped in a phone call with my sister (she’s got a bad habit of sharing personal info across the family). Right now, I think we’ll call both sets of parents right after our 8 week appt and wait a few weeks to tell siblings and another few to start telling our friends.

Post # 154
26 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2013

amanda1988 :  Don’t worry too much about the opinions your parents and in-laws have about how and when they find out or whether on not they think you’re ready to have a baby. There will always be an opinion about everything, and it can make you resent your family. Set up the boundaries now while it’s early. I didn’t do it early enough with my mom, and for the first few months everything was a competition with my in-laws. Enjoy this time, and tell your parents in the way that makes you happiest and least stressed because it’s all about you, your husband, and the baby right now 😊

Post # 155
9588 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

TheFutureMrsAEK :  good advice.

I called my parents and told them today, because I want to.  I told Darling Husband he can do what he wants–we agreed we’d tell them at my birthday dinner (Halloween) which will be around 7 weeks and, if I can help it, after we’ve heard the heart beat.. which is good, the odds at that point will be way better than right now.

larissakay :  ouch, yeah that’d be hard with the sister.  Luckily for us my brother is way younger than me and Darling Husband is an only child, so we don’t need to worry about hurting any feelings like that as we pass life milestones.

Post # 156
66 posts
Worker bee

Well I roll called too early. I started my period today 😭 Good luck everyone! 

Post # 157
9588 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

Mrs.K. :  what do your pregnancy tests say? having a light “period” while pregnant doesn’t mean you’ll lose the baby for sure.. having that first period is normal enough. some women have their periods all 9 mo.

Post # 158
66 posts
Worker bee

amanda1988 :  Well I was getting positive pregnancy tests and then the one from yesterday with fmu was very very faint. Almost hard to even see the line. I did not take a test today as I started bleeding. 

Post # 159
367 posts
Helper bee

I’d like to join the FB group. Is there someone I can PM my email address to? (It’s my full name so I don’t want to put it in the thread.) Thanks!!

Post # 162
9588 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

Mrs.K. :  oh I’m sorry 🙁

Post # 165
66 posts
Worker bee

Thanks ladies. I appreciate it. This is the first chemical pregnancy I have suffered. It’s a sad thing, but I know the real thing will happen soon. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors