June 2018 Brides and Grooms

posted 12 months ago in June 2018
Post # 2
270 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

What made you choose your date?

Our venue only allows weddings in June and September, we were worried Sept would be cold (cottage country Ontario) and that early June would be too buggy, so we opted for the very last weekend in June before the venue opens for the public season (its a resort that doesn’t do wedding july and august)

What season will it be for you?

Summer!  Hoping it won’t be as rainy as last June!

What does your wedding look like?

I have no theme!  I am worried about decoration – just doing greenery and candles really.

Is it in a special or significant place?

We picked a place where everyone could stay on site and we could stretch it to a weekend wedding.

Do you feel organised and on-top of things?

Yes I am, but not with decor!

What are you looking forward to most?

The ceremony/marry him and the dancing with my new husband!

Post # 4
60 posts
Worker bee

Hey, June 15th here! 

It’s our 10-year dating anniversary ๐Ÿ™‚

Summer

Beach wedding all the way!

Nope, just good weather and a great venue

Something like that… I’m not an event planner of any kind so the sooner this is all over with the better.

Everything- the end of planning, wearing my dress, saying our vows, flying away, the summer sun…

3 months to go!

Post # 5
156 posts
Blushing bee

June 3rd is our date- chose early summer as we wanted a summer date but wanted as much of our honeymoon as possible to be in June rather than July as the travel costs doubled in school holidays!

Summer ๐Ÿ™‚

Relaxed countryside wedding in a marquee

We’r having our wedding in the grounds of the private school that FI’s grandfather founded in the 50s. It’ a beautiful big manor house with lovely fields, and Fiance grew up living there. His mum was born in the staff room!

We’re just about there, a few more bits of diy to do. Aiming to be totally done by Easter! We got most of the big stuff  (marquee, band, caterer, celebrant) booked a year ago

All of it! I wish we could get married tomorrow! Dancing with my Fiance, our live band, the food, and our honeymoon!!!! Counting down the days  

Post # 6
1 posts
Wannabee

June 21 is our date…We are vacationing with my side of the family and no one has a clue that we will be getting married once we reach Cancun.I am excited yet nervous since NO ONE have a clue but us 

Post # 7
89 posts
Worker bee

munchkin1917 :  I had originally not wanted to be a June bride! I didn’t wantto be competing with loads of other June brides. 

But September would be tough for those with kids, and we didn’t want ur aniversary to be in july and August because then flights would be expensive every year around our aniversary.  We couldn’t do late June because Future Brother-In-Law would be graduating highschool and it might clash with his graduation weekend.  And we couldn’t get married on fathers day weekend…

So I chose June 9 (6/9) because it’s a dirty joke and it worked out for everyone.  Being able to make 69 jokes throughout the weddingpl anning process has been really fun and Fiance won’t ever forget it! 

What season will it be for you? End of Spring.

What does your wedding look like?  It’s in the woods over looking a bay.  Extremely private and there is even a fire pit for late night smores!

Is it in a special or significant place?  It’s 3 minutes form my parents house, in the college town where we met.  It’s really convenient for my entire family

For the most part still lots of running around

The ceremony. And when Fiance and his band get up on stage and sing the song he wrote for me.  I’m going to melt!

Post # 8
350 posts
Helper bee

1. Our date is June 9th.  I always wanted a spring wedding, so it was going to be May/June.  We tentatively chose June 16th actually, and booked the church.  When we booked the reception, between our meeting on a Friday (granted, this was January 2017 – a year and a half in advance), and making the decision a few days later Monday, someone else booked it!  Luckily they had June 9th availabile, and it was early enough that the church could move it.

2. Spring!

3. Traditional and simple.  Ceremony inside at church, reception in a hotel ballroom.  Pink and lavender for colors.

4. The church was my home church for a year until I moved away.  So it’s special for me.  It was the church I was attending when I met fiancé, so when he’d visit me, he’d go  with me.  So in a way special for him.

5. Feeling a little better about things.  Still have a to do list but it’s coning together!

6. Looking forward to being married!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors