June 2019?? (Bonus points if 22 June!!)

posted 10 months ago in June 2019
Post # 16
742 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

June 21, 2019! Ceremony is taking place along a river. I just got my invitations in the mail today!!

Post # 18
488 posts
Helper bee

How did I miss this thread?! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ June 22, 2019 here too!!!! 190 days! ๐Ÿ˜‰ (yes, I have a countdown LOL) First cake tasting tomorrow! I can’t believe we’re just over 6 months out!

Oh, and in answer to your orignal question, we are doing a romantic garden sort of ceremony, with a reception that kind of blends romantic with geeky LOL Dusty rose/blush is our primary wedding color ๐Ÿ™‚ And the wedding is in Maine!

I like that I know this thread exists now so all the June and/or 6/22 Bees can freak out together as we get closer! Hehehehe

Post # 20
488 posts
Helper bee

megm1099 :  So pretty! I love the flowers, and the simplicity of it too. Any flavor ideas yet?

We are planning on a small cutting cake for us, and cupcakes for the guests. To keep with the romantic garden theme, we are hoping to get rose-style frosting on the cupcakes, and maybe some rose/floral detailing on the cake… I made a little collage of the inspiration pics we are bringing with us tomorrow!

And, to show you what I mean by geeky… LOL that isn’t our cake topper, but ours will be similar (and is being custom made by the same artist!) Ours will be Belle (from beauty and the beast) holding a wand (like Harry Potter) and Reverse Flash (a supervillain) holding a red lightsaber (Star Wars) ๐Ÿ˜‚ Both characters wear gold/yellow, which don’t exactly jive with our wedding colors but we really wanted a fun topper that represents us and we can keep as a little memento from the wedding ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m just hoping the cute/silly topper won’t clash too terribly with our elegant cake and cupcakes LOL

Post # 22
742 posts
Busy bee

I did my cake tasting in June and it was SOOOO YUMMY. We decided on a 3-tier smooth buttercream cake with a different flavor on each tier. Bottom tier: chocolate cake w/ raspberry preserves. Middle tier: coconut cake w/ lemon curd. Top tier: butter pecan w/ butterscotch buttercream. They are to DIE for.

We’re also gonna have an ice cream sundae bar!

Post # 23
7 posts
Newbee

June 2019 here too! We don’t have a date set because we’re still nailing down our venue, but it’ll be mid June!

Post # 25
260 posts
Helper bee

megm1099 :  How exciting about your fiancé! You must be so happy!! Congratulations on getting so much done! I really do feel like suddenly the wedding is just around the corner. 

I ordered my dress back in August and it should be here late March! I’m really focused on toning up as much as possible between now and then. I let myself slide a bit throughout the holidays and it’s time to get back at it. Calories count again! Haha I will be sending out Save the Dates very soon. I had a little issue with postage so I’m waiting on our new stamps to arrive in the next few days and then they will be sent out. We will be ordering our invitations next time zazzle has their 60% off sale.Tomorrow we are going to look at wedding bands!! Later this month we have an appointment for cake tasting, florist and a showroom place to pick out our chairs/table/ table settings etc. Exciting times! 

The next thing on my list are shoes! I’m having such a hard time picking shoes! I picked my dress almost instantly (it was the 3rd one I tried on!) but shoes… that’s another story haha 

Post # 27
7 posts
Newbee

MissCtoMrsR :  We’re doing a very similar concept! One tip my baker pointed out, we flip flopped the layers so we cut into a white cake :).  Better for pictures she suggested and avoid any risk of the chocolate crumbs and rasberry filling getting on my white dress. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors