June 2019 POAS- Infertility Edition (12+ Months and/or Seeking Active Treatment)

posted 4 months ago in TTC
Post # 151
2099 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

goldenbrown :  Any updates on your cycle? I also went into IVF with just slightly low AMH so I know how frustrating it can be! I was also a slow responder so hopefully some of your follicles caught up! 

Post # 152
2099 posts
Buzzing bee

You guys….I just got my first ever positive! Well, if you don’t count the time i got a false positive from the HCG trigger that I thought was the real thing….that sucked!! I am 9dp5dt (9 days post 5 day transfer) today. We did our first FET on June 4th. No symptoms other than I swear my boobs are bigger…my husband left for a work trip, we decided to test on Monday before the beta but i really wanted to surprise him with a father’s day gift soooo I tested when he left and it was positive!! A good line, too! I’m still a little bit in shock. For anyone who is struggling right now, this is my 5th IVF cycle – I know others have done a lot more than that and god bless them but I was really losing hope it would ever happen. I know I still have a long way to go but for today, I am excited and crying all the happy tears. I just ordered a onesie to give to my husband for father’s day.  Lots of baby dust to everyone here. I’ve been in this fight for three and a half years and it is not for the faint of heart. <3 

Post # 153
283 posts
Helper bee

littleanchor :  Congratulations!!! Thats such wonderful news! You are a warrior woman to go through 5 cycles but you did it. Congrats again, Mama. <3 

Post # 154
283 posts
Helper bee

sophie89 :  Newfoundland will be awesome! Are you Canadian? I am and I’ve still never been, haha. Someday though!

mommadreams :  July is up now! 

anev :  Thanks. My acupuncturist wants me to stay on progesterone until Friday and then test again on saturday morning (waste of money IMO. If its not positive at 12DPO, I doubt it will be positive 3 days later). She wants me to have a normal cycle length of 28-30 days. So I’m doing that but I’m dreading testing again. I don’t want to see a negative test.

You’re so close to your IVF cycle!! So exciting! 

NicLE1218 :  Thanks for the tip – it worked! 

Post # 155
229 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

littleanchor :  Eeee congrats!! That’s so exciting!

heartandstars :  yup I’m Canadian! What part of Canada are you in? 

Post # 156
2185 posts
Buzzing bee

littleanchor :  just dropping in to say congrats! I hope the betas are super high and this is finally your take home baby! Infertility can be so discouraging and hearing of success, especially after a number of failures always makes me so happy!

Post # 157
560 posts
Busy bee

Sorry to barge in here amongst much happy news (congrats!) But would this be considered a blazing positive OPK? Today is CD 20 and my temperature raised a little today. The OPK on CD 18 had equally matched lines, CD 19 was a shade darker than the control. Just worried about having 3 days of positive OPK’s. It’s my first time POAS like this. Only started using OPKs consistently this cycle. 

How much longer should we BD? We’ve been at it like rabbits since CD 16. Darling Husband seems happy but I’m starting to get tired lol 😁

Edit: sorry I meant to post this on the generic June POAS board. 

Post # 158
2099 posts
Buzzing bee

larissakay :  Thank you!! Beta isn’t until Monday so I will be a bundle of nerves until then! But thanks so much! 

Post # 159
700 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016 - Montego Bay, Jamaica

littleanchor :  oh my goodness! CONGRATS!!! I was creeping on your history TTC and I’m so happy for you! 

Post # 160
1457 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

littleanchor :  congratulations !!! Yay just in time for Father’s Day!

heartandstars :  in theory implantation occurs between 6-12dpo so it’s possible to have a late test and be pregnant. But yeah we see enough lines 9-10dpo to know it’s anlong shot. But a 28-30 day cycle goal is good. 

Post # 161
709 posts
Busy bee

littleanchor :  CONGRATS!!!!!! So excited for you!!! This makes my heart so happy!!!! And thank you for the well wishes and for giving me hope! 

anev :  NicLE1218 : Thanks for checking in! The retrieval went well and they got more eggs than I was expecting given the lower follicle counts from my ultrasounds. I am trying not to get too focused on the numbers and comparison, trying instead to be happy with what we were able to achieve this round. Also, I know that the egg retrieval numbers are just the first step and we need to see fertilization, blast numbers, etc. Just trying to keep positive and taking things one step at a time!

heartandstars :  Thanks for starting July! Given our timeframe I’m already out for June as well. Also saw on another thread that you start IVF soon! Happy to answer any questions having just gone through it!

Post # 162
1315 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: City, State

littleanchor :  AHH!!! YES YES YES!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Post # 163
2099 posts
Buzzing bee

I wish I knew how to tag everyone, but THANK YOU! The best advice I can give to those of you who are dealing with infertility and requiring treatment to get pregnant – you are your own best advocate! I honestly don’t know If I would be here if I had stuck with my original doctor. Switching REs made a huge difference not just in getting my pregnant but also just feeling heard and understood. Fingers crossed & baby dust for all of you on this board! 

Post # 164
221 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

littleanchor :  Congratulations, I am so excited for you!!

goldenbrown :  Saw you got 2 fertilized eggs! That’s great considering you were afraid of getting none – hope those hang on a few more days!!

Post # 165
1368 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

littleanchor :  Dropping in to say CONGRATULATIONS! I’m so happy for you! 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors