June 2019 POAS- Infertility Edition (12+ Months and/or Seeking Active Treatment)

posted 6 months ago in TTC
Post # 166
3305 posts
Sugar bee

littleanchor :  Massive congratulations!!!! I’m so happy for you! 😁 How many cycles did you do with your original doctor? I’m 90% sure our next cycle (a while away yet) will be with a different doctor/clinic. Your story just goes to show it can make all the difference.

Post # 167
2108 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

RaccoonKitty : Thank you so much!!! I did 3 IVF cycles with my original dr. Switched in December and have done 1 fresh cycle with my new doctor and one FET with my new doctor. The doctors work in the same clinic but different offices and even then, it made all the difference. 

Post # 168
2670 posts
Sugar bee

danakxox :  so so happy to hear you’re going to “relax” no matter what innuendos are implied. Lol. Have a blast!!!! 

Post # 169
2670 posts
Sugar bee

littleanchor :  Congrats! Hoping for high betas and a take home baby this time!

goldenbrown :  that’s awesome. Hoping for a high fertilization number in a couple days!! 

Post # 170
2670 posts
Sugar bee

heartandstars :  you’re welcome!! Hoping I don’t have to roll over but deep down I know I will have to. I’ll see ya in July! 

Post # 171
1309 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: City, State

NicLE1218 :  ty!! I put in a plausible override just for funsies for now. Ill be gone 10 days so ill see if AF arrives 🤷‍♀️

Post # 172
1309 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: City, State

NicLE1218 :  it won’t let me edit but “research” puts o here 🤷‍♀️

Post # 173
797 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Hi ladies! I’m super late to the game this month. I’ve been on these boards for before but had to take a few months of a break from TTC, alas I am back again. 

ROLL CALL:

Your age/partner’s age: 34/33

Baby #: 2

Cycles TTC: I think we’re around 20 now

Current CD/DPO: CD 10

Usual Cycle Length: 28days

Ovulation or procedure date (and what kind): having BW and U/S on Saturday, then IUI at some point after that

POAS/beta day: June 30th

Known fertility issues: unknown 

BFP plan (BD timing, supplements, charting, etc.): IUI this month 

Trying anything new this month? IUI

Link to your chart, if charting:

For fun- Do you have any summer vacations planned this year?

I’m a Canadian Bee 🙂 Just got back from a California trip! Otherwise we’ll be doing some camping trips this summer. Trinidad & Tobago over the Christmas break 🙂

Post # 174
797 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Question – for those that have done IUI, how long after U/S and BW did you have the actual insemination?

Post # 176
234 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

mrsalexander :  Welcome and sorry you have to be here. For this cycle, we did our U/S on CD 4 (no CD 3 bloodwork), then had a monitoring appointment on CD 12. My lining was pretty thin, so he decided to hold off on triggering to see if it would improve. I had another monitoring appointment on CD 14 and they triggered me while I was there and I had my IUI on CD 15. My previous IUI, I had a CD 3 U/S, then a monitoring appointment on CD 12, then IUI on CD 14 (no trigger). 

Post # 177
2670 posts
Sugar bee

danakxox :  I don’t see a clear O date temp shift. We shall see when AF comes. Enjoy your vacation – wish we were all coming with for a meet up!

mrsalexander :  I’m on IUI number 5 and I’ve never had blood work. That being said, I have an US tomorrow (CD12) and will likely trigger tomorrow night depending on what the follicles look like and if I am able to trigger tomorrow the IUI will be on Monday. Keep us updated! 

Post # 178
2670 posts
Sugar bee

I’m going to follow along with the rest of the month….my IUI won’t be until the 18th now so my 14dpiui will be July 2nd, but I’ll start testing at 12dpiui (June 30th) anyways. I should probably roll over….

CD12 US update: left horn lining 5.7, right horn lining 7.1 (bicornuate uterus). Left ovary has one follicle at 17, and right ovary has one at 17 and another at 16. They gave me the option of triggering tomorrow night without another US in the morning or do another US in the morning and make sure they’ve grown. I asked what she thought and she said with the history of my cycles they will continue to grow tonight so she would suggest just triggering tomorrow without an US, but that if it were my first cycle she would suggest an US in the morning first. Since we are on #5, I went with my gut (and her reasoning also) and trust that they will grow more by tomorrow night. IUI is set for Tuesday morning 🙂 and it is our first cycle with a new sperm donor. 

We also talked today about IVF options in case the last two IUIs (this one and next cycle) don’t work, and possibly traveling for cheaper IVF than in my state. I feel good about having a plan for us now, as it has been causing some anxiety this past week. 

Post # 179
613 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

NicLE1218 :  good luck for your IUI and glad to hear you have a plan!

AFM a couple of days ago I had bad PMS and was really struggling, I cried all evening to my D.H and mum. I was really stressed about going to a baby birthday party which was going to be packed with babies, some of them newborns. 

I managed to go and stay 2 hours then leave without breaking down and am proud of myself. My husband was so incredibly supportive as well. 

Think CD1 is just around the corner. Will be good to have AF over with as then we are off to Spain on vacation and it would be nice to have it over and be comfortable for the beach and pool. Just trying to focus on that just now.

Post # 180
2670 posts
Sugar bee

lucky_charm :  thank you!!! 

Im proud of you too! Going to a child’s birthday party and also being surrounded by young babies is very difficult. And you’ve got a good one in your husband. Hoping AF arrives and gets done before your trip. Have tons of fun!!! 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors