June 2019 POAS- Infertility Edition (12+ Months and/or Seeking Active Treatment)

posted 4 months ago in TTC
Post # 181
1983 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2016 - Sussex, UK

lucky_charm :    you should be proud of yourself. I just got back from a Spanish island and it was a great holiday aside from my endo pain really kicking in. Endo belly isn’t great when there are UK size 6 20 year olds around the pool. CD1 should be tomorrow for me. Have a wonderful holiday!

Post # 182
711 posts
Busy bee

Hey bees. Sorry I didn’t catch up with everyone. Just updating to say my RE just called. The 2 embryos from our retrieval last week stopped growing on day 3. I’m still kinda numb and in shock. He said he thinks it’s mostly sperm issues and possibly some egg quality issues too. He called while I was at lunch with my family and I had to step away. Only my mom knows we are doing IVF since my brother’s first baby is due tomorrow and I didn’t want to be a Debbie downer. Feeling really devastated. Dh is in Europe right now for business so I called him but won’t see him again until Sunday. We have a follow up with the RE on the 27th. Sorry to update with bad news. Really was hoping at least one would make it. 

Post # 183
3286 posts
Sugar bee

goldenbrown :  I am so sorry to hear this update. I know nothing I say will make you feel any better right now, but I hope you can make some downtime for yourself to process the news however you need to. Sending hugs.

Post # 185
711 posts
Busy bee

RaccoonKitty :   heartandstars :  thanks ❤️❤️ Had a good cry and now feeling more level headed about it. They weren’t meant to be. Just tough going through the whole process and spending all that money for nothing to transfer. My coordinator said my next protocol will still start with BCP again but will have higher levels of Menopur and Gonal but no Cetrotide this time. Mini Lupron instead. Not sure how I feel about that. Will ask him about priming with estrogen

Post # 186
2632 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

goldenbrown :  I’m so sorry you’re going through this. There’s nothing I can say to make it feel better, but I’m glad you had a good cry. Sometimes that is needed. I would be interested to hear the reasoning behind certain protocols and why he feels the need to choose whatever one you’re doing next. Keep us updated. Hoping you find peace soon. This sucks. 

Post # 187
99 posts
Worker bee

goldenbrown :  I’m so sorry to hear that. Sending you a massive hug.

AFM, follow up to husbands uro appt- low T, high FSH so he wants to start him on clomid. Waiting for genetic results to come back. Will take a few weeks. Hoping and praying this comes back with no defects. Doctor doesn’t seem to think that his low T is the only reason for his Azoospermia. We know anything until middle of July. Sigh.

i hope you all are hanging in there! You are in my thoughts and prayers daily!

Post # 188
1457 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

goldenbrown :  argh I’m so sorry 🙁

mommadreams :  so sorry for you guys too :(. Hope your urologist can get some answers

Post # 189
284 posts
Helper bee

mommadreams :  Does the urologist know if there is a blockage? Hopefully the clomid works! 

goldenbrown :  Absolutely, that is just awful. Take care of yourself (and your husband). 

Post # 190
222 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

goldenbrown :  I’m so sorry you’re going through this. Definitely take some time for you while you guys await for your appointment and figure out what to do next.

mommadreams :  Hope you get good results and some answers!

Post # 191
611 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

EllyAnne :  thank you! Glad to hear you had a great holiday but Sorry about your pain 🙁 I’m having bad endo pain just now but I’m lucky to only get it about 2 days per month, I know it could be much worse. 

goldenbrown :  oh no I’m so so sorry 🙁 take care of yourself and you and Darling Husband look after each other when he’s back.

Post # 192
611 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

NicLE1218 :  thanks, so ready for this trip now! That’s AF here so I’m out for June but it should be over by the time we go.

Post # 193
1983 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2016 - Sussex, UK

I’m out. Actually relieved now (well, relatively) as my endo pain lasts for over a week before AF and after the first day of AF the pain disappears. 

Just online shopping for my friend’s  newborn who I’m going to meet on the weekend. At least I won’t be in pain then as I struggle to see my friend’s babies when I’m in so much pain.

Best of luck to anyone waiting to test or going through fertility treatments. 

Post # 194
2099 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

goldenbrown :  Ugh, I’m so sorry. We discovered a sperm issue late in the game, too (after our 3rd cycle!). I highly recommend a DNA fragmentation test if you haven’t done it yet (specialized sperm test). That is led what led to a diagnosis, surgery for husband, and then finally, our first ever BFP.  One part of this process that I have found so frustrating is that Drs. are so quick to blame egg quality on everything without really digging in and doing enough tests. Anyways, hope you take some time to mourn and then treat yourself to something nice this weekend. 

Post # 195
2632 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

mommadreams :  hoping the clomid does the trick! 

lucky_charm :  Enjoy the hell out of your time away. 

AFM, tons of EWCM since Sunday morning, and it’s starting to slow which is fine because I triggered Sunday night and had my IUI this morning. 39.1 million swimmers to get the heck up there and hopefully make this work! 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors