June 2019 POAS- Infertility Edition (12+ Months and/or Seeking Active Treatment)

posted 7 months ago in TTC
Post # 46
1977 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2016 - Sussex, UK

anev :  I’m CD6 now but IVF booked for October. Going to a Mediterranean island (I think I may know a couple of people on here so I never say too much now!). 

RaccoonKitty :  Building a house is exciting! We are knee deep in major reno on our house and I have days of thinking how great it will be when finished and other days where I want to cry but that’s because we are living there whilst the works are ongoing.

Post # 47
1670 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

EllyAnne :  that’s awesome!!! In the Uk does the government cover some of the ivf expenses? My RE appt is next Wednesday and I can’t wait to get this show on the road.

Post # 48
99 posts
Worker bee

EllyAnne :  I busted out laughing At the am I pregnant lol

anev :  it’s on Monday! I had a dream last night that we went to the appt and turns out I was already pregnant and didn’t even know it yet lol in the dream they did another SA and it was completely normal. I hope that’s more than just a dream. Praying it’s my reality. A fluke SA with a zero count. It would be worth spending all this money for a piece of mind.

With Father’s Day approaching and all the lovely commercials, it’s starting to bother my husband. He doesn’t like watching cable anymore now. Just Netflix since it’s commercial-less. He also feels bad that I can’t get my new car anymore but idgaf about a new car. I just want him to be okay. He wanted to get me a “mom car” lol one day…

Post # 49
1977 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2016 - Sussex, UK

anev :   NHS England guidelines are to offer women under 40 three rounds of IVF and 40 to 42 year olds are offered one round. Our clinic prefers ICSI so that is what we’ll be doing. I do realise how fortunate we are as I’m shocked when I see how much it can cost in the US.

Post # 50
762 posts
Busy bee

anev :  Thank you for saying that. I read one of those threads (the naturally pregnant in under 8 months “infertility” one) and just saw red I was so livid. It’s really the equivalent of saying you “survived cancer” when really you just had a weird looking mole that you did not get checked out for 8 months. Then when you finally go to the doctor, after months of worrying/thinking you have cancer, you find out it’s completely benign. Literally the same thing. But no one would ever call that a cancer survivor story, so why is naturally getting pregnant in under 8 months “struggling with infertility” and the “darkest 8 months of that bee’s life”. It’s really insulting. 

RaccoonKitty :  Congrats on working on the house! That’s super exciting! I absolutely love interior decorating and deciding on things like paint samples lol. Cannot wait to hear how it goes!

mommadreams :  Glad you booked an appt with the urologist! I think it’s best just to carry on as usual and not worry if it’s worth still trying or not. Totally feel you on the baby dreams/day dreams! I had a dream the other night that dh and I had three sons but I wanted a fourth baby because I really wanted a girl too! Lol. I woke up laughing about it. 

heartandstars :  Fx for you this weekend!! 

EllyAnne :  Mediterranean vacation sounds so lovely! I wish we could take another vacation this summer but with IVF starting this week it’s tough and we’ve used our vacation budget for IVF and meds. You’re so incredibly lucky to have NHS coverage. In the US it’s such a crap shoot of what your employer insurance will or won’t cover. 

AFM, starting injections this week. I feel bad because I have to miss a family friend’s son’s 1st birthday party because it is the same day I start injections. The party is in a town that’s a 2 hour train ride away (one way) and I still don’t know what time I’m supposed to start my injections or how I will react to the hormones. So I thought it best just to tell this friend that I can’t make it and that dh will go. I’ve made zero plans for the next two weeks while I do the injections and wait for retrieval. On the plus side I was able to charge our IVF round onto my airline rewards credit card vs just cutting a check so we are getting a ton of miles towards a potential trip!

Post # 51
1670 posts
Bumble bee

EllyAnne :  that’s so awesome you get coverage, does that include drugs? In Canada my insurance gives up to $5k drugs (ie not even enough to cover one cycle) and my province gives us back $5k if we spend $10k (once). Otherwise we can claim the rest as medical expenses on taxes but it’s really really annoying that infertility isn’t considered a medically necessary treatment. 

goldenbrown :  yup I saw red too! Just because someone freaked out and went to an RE after 6 months and spent thousands of dollars to get a “unexplained infertility” diagnosis does not mean you are infertile if you get pregnant naturally <12 months! 😡 That’s why in Canada (around here anyway) a lot of drs won’t even think of referring until you are > 12 months (with an anticipated wait time to get in).  I’d skip the party too in you’re shoes and what an exciting 2 weeks you have of stims!!

Post # 52
613 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

anev :  ava has been ok, the first cycle was only partial and seemed to be anovulatory and this cycle will only be partial as Ava wouldn’t charge when I was abroad for some reason so it’s only been one full cycle. It’s definitely easier than traditional temping but I don’t find the other parts of the app that helpful, tend to just put the temps into FF.

Post # 53
613 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

anev :  when is your Ava due to be fixed?

Post # 54
1670 posts
Bumble bee

lucky_charm :  they sent me a replacement, problem is that it’s at my PO Box in the USA and I can’t be bothered to go get it right now (long drive!). I tried to get them to ship it to Canada but they wouldn’t since I bought it from Ava USA. 

I found mine could hold a charge for 3 days! But once when we were camping it wouldn’t recharge (or synch since it wouldn’t acknowledge being plugged in). 

Do you normally have anovulatory cycles?

Post # 55
762 posts
Busy bee

My stims arrived! Huzzah! Ready to stick myself with needles for the next two weeks lol

Post # 56
342 posts
Helper bee

anev :  Just once a year! Luckily…that would be so so stressful. I’m so MAD at your OB-GYN. How absolutely ignorant. I know in Canada it’s sometimes almost impossible to get a new doctor so its infuriating when you don’t have any other options for care, and you have a useless doctor. Like, whats the harm in prescribing progesterone? Nothing. 

goldenbrown :  Don’t feel bad! You have to take care of you right now. Very exciting that you are starting stims!

mommadreams :  Mothers day and Fathers day are so tough. I’m sorry that your husband is hurting. It’s almost worse right? Like I can handle my own pain but it breaks my heart to see my husband hurting.

AFM I got the solid smiley this morning, on day 13! Woo hoo! And I’m back home so looks like we will get at least one BD session in before O. 

Post # 57
1670 posts
Bumble bee

goldenbrown :  good luck!!! 

heartandstars :  once per year isn’t so bad, it looks like you won’t miss this FW!  Yes I’m so annoyed with my obgyn, definitely won’t be going back to him if I get pregnant and I don’t want the fertility clinic sending any information to him either.

Post # 58
762 posts
Busy bee

heartandstars :  thanks!! And congrats on the smiley!! Fx for you this round!

anev :  thanks!! Trying not to get my hopes up too high but really hope it works. 

Post # 59
342 posts
Helper bee

Well. I just sobbed at work, in front of a client, so my day is going great. I was chatting with one of our cleaners and she was talking about kids and then said to me ‘but you don’t want kids, do you?’ and I said ‘I do’ and then I couldn’t stop the tears. I just instantly started crying. I feel so so humiliated, and very unprofessional. 

Post # 60
762 posts
Busy bee

heartandstars :  oh honey, be easy on yourself. It’s OK to cry. It happens to everyone. Do not feel ashamed. Besides this cleaner asked you a very personal question and you responded in a personal way. There’s nothing wrong with that. (((Hugs)))

I’m saying this to you right after I totally broke down myself at the Disney store of all places while buying a gift for a one year old’s birthday tomorrow (skipping the birthday party myself for my own sanity and just sending DH). This is an emotional and uncertain process with highs and lows. Today was a bad day. Tomorrow is a new day. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors