June 2019 POAS- Infertility Edition (12+ Months and/or Seeking Active Treatment)

posted 6 months ago in TTC
Post # 61
2670 posts
Sugar bee

Officially rolling over……temp has been dropping, negatives 12-14dpiui and spotting started today despite being on progesterone supps. AF is due to arrive any day now 🙄 which means our 4th IUI has failed. We will do 2 more (6/year covered by insurance) while I lose a little more weight to be able to do egg retrieval, and have an appt with our RE in July to talk about next steps (IVF). Hoping we get a positive before that next step is needed.

Your age/partner’s age: 29 / 35

Baby #: 1

Cycles TTC: Cycle 16…17 months  

Current CD/DPO: Waiting for AF but spotting….so I’m sure she will officially be here tomorrow or Sunday  

Usual Cycle Length: with meds, 28-30 days….without meds, about 34-36

Ovulation or procedure date (and what kind): depends on what day AF arrives, but the IUI will be somewhere in the June 15th area  

POAS/beta day: June 29th-ish depending on when AF arrives and when IUI is, but put it at that for now and I’ll update when I know more.

Known fertility issues: Azoospermia (using donor sperm), PCOS and bicornuate uterus  

BFP plan (BD timing, supplements, charting, etc.): temping, supplements, femara, ovidrel trigger, iui with donor sperm, and progesterone supps after IUI for 14 days  

Trying anything new this month? R-Lipoic acid to help egg quality, which will also help if we have to do IVF  

Link to your chart, if charting:

For fun- Do you have any summer vacations planned this year?: nope, other than going to the cabin on a lake whenever we can. 

Post # 62
762 posts
Busy bee

NicLE1218 :  Sorry to see you back here and that the IUI didn’t work. If you do have to go the IVF route I will say that now as I’m just starting my first round, it’s not as scary as I thought it would be. Of course, hope you get BFP before then. 

Post # 63
2670 posts
Sugar bee

goldenbrown :  thanks 🙂 so glad we all have each other to lean on. I don’t think it sounds scary, except the $$ amount of course. Haha. How are stims going?

Post # 64
613 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

EllyAnne :  Mediterranean island sounds nice! Your ivf timeline is not too far off what I’m hoping mine will be, hopefully we all get our bfps by the end of the year!

goldenbrown :  good luck hope the injections are going ok.

anev :  ah that’s annoying they couldn’t ship it to Canada. When do you think you’ll get it? A three day charge is good! Mine seems to last for 2 days then start flashing pink.

I’m not aware of having had an anovulatory cycle before but I hadn’t temped in about a year. It was a really strange chart my temp went up around the time I normally O but then dipped and kept on falling for 4 days then went back up a few days before my period. According to FF with the Ava temps I ovulated 5 days before AF but I was spotting every one of those 5 days so I really just think it must have been an anovulatory cycle. Apparently it’s common to get one every now and then so I’m not too worried as the cycle after I did seem to ovulate. A pain though when we’re putting all the effort in to BDing and there was never any chance that cycle!

heartandstars :  so sorry to hear that about crying at work, I’ve been close a couple of times when people have been talking about their pregnancies. It’s not unprofessional to be a human being, don’t be hard on yourself. 

Post # 65
762 posts
Busy bee

NicLE1218 :  Seriously these threads are a godsend. Don’t even talk to me about the money 😂😂💸 I told dh we ain’t going nowhere for vacation this summer as we have already spent $20450 out of pocket for this round. Do you have any IVF coverage? Stims are ok. First full day was today. Gonal F pen is a breeze. Menopur burns though and gave me a massive headache. No mood swings yet but I have 6-10 more days to go…

I’m starting acupuncture. Figure it can’t hurt. I found a practioner through RESOLVE who specializes in fertility. Went to my first appt today and really liked him and felt super relaxed after the treatment. Also really happy I skipped our family friend’s one year old’s bday today…turns out dh was the only person there without kids. 

lucky_charm :  thanks!! 

Post # 66
1617 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

NicLE1218 :  argh sorry about rolling over. I know you have previously mentioned the possibility of changing semen donor? Would you do that before moving to ivf? We don’t have big plans this summer either, I expect fertility treatment to take all our money. We did rent a cottage on a lake in New Husband though!

goldenbrown :  I hope you like acupuncture! I started a few months ago and I plan to continue through our eventual stims. Does your insurance cover acupuncture?

Post # 67
2670 posts
Sugar bee

lucky_charm :  it is so frustrating to have anovulatory cycles, especially when putting so much effort in. It is super common to have one once in a while, and most people don’t even know it because they’re likely not charting. Glad you had an ovulatory cycle after!! 

goldenbrown :  yes they are! My sounding board, advice column and full of support and friendship. I have $5000 lifetime max which will be gone in the blink of an eye. I have to see what that entails. Does it go towards meds, egg retrieval type stuff? I don’t know yet. IVF is so damn expensive. Eek! Hoping things continue to go smooth for you. 

anev :  we are switching sperm donors. E get to choose who it is, so we just pick a new person to buy vials from. Oooh a little cottage getaway sounds great! 

My coworker and I threw a baby shower yesterday for two of our coworkers who are due three weeks apart (August 4th and August 27th). I was doing well….until I got BfNs the days leading up to it and started to get super anxious. Honestly I think it would have been easier if I had just found out I was pregnant, even if I didn’t tell them for a bit yet. That wasn’t the case. Anyways, I felt good about how the day was going…..until gift opening and the first couple “awwww”s started flowing. My anxiety grew and I started feeling so much envy. I’m so happy for them, but so so sad for us. I was so thankful for my cousins grad party being yesterday afternoon. My husband arrived at the PERFECT time and I only had to see one gift being opened. ♥️ And I thanked my aunt when I got to the graduation party for saving me. I think I would have made some excuse to get out of there had we not had the graduation party going on. 

Post # 68
2108 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

ROLL CALL:

Your age/partner’s age: 34/35

Baby #: 1

Cycles TTC: Stopped counting a long time ago but about 3 years

Ovulation or procedure date (and what kind): FET scheduled on Tuesday 6/4

POAS/beta day: June 17

Known fertility issues: Diminished Ovarian Reserve

BFP plan (BD timing, supplements, charting, etc.): all the IVF cycles?

Trying anything new this month? This is our first FET/5th IVF cycle overall, but we’ve always done fresh transfers because our embryos never made it to freeze

For fun- Do you have any summer vacations planned this year? Not sure if we’ll get there over the summer, more likely early fall, but planning a trip to Portugal assuming IVF doesn’t get in the way. I’ll also be traveling some for work and will spend a few long weekends visiting family.  For the past 2 years we’ve planned big trips thinking it would be our last for awhile because of kids, and yet here we are, several european countries later still childless :-/ 

<footer class=”social-row”>
<div class=”likes bbp-admin-links “> </div>
</footer>

Post # 69
762 posts
Busy bee

anev :  My accupunturists is checking if he is in network with my insurance. I was up front with and said that with paying for IVF out of pocket the only way I could continue to see him as regularly as he suggested was if insurance pays. If not I could only afford one or two sessions a month. He originally suggested coming in twice per week until I am 13 weeks pregnant. 

NicLE1218 :  I can’t imagine having to sit through a baby shower right now. Glad you had a solid excuse to leave early!

littleanchor :  Crossing fingers for your FET! 

Post # 70
1617 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

NicLE1218 :  we have $5k med cap too. Sorry to hear about the baby shower, you’re brave for co-hosting! I honestly couldn’t do it at this time.

littleanchor :  so close to your FET!! Hopefully this one goes well, they say FeT has a better success rate than fresh transfer!

goldenbrown :  my naturopath also recommended twice weekly (not possible with my work schedule plus it’s OOP for right now). It’s crazy how much all the vitamins and supplements are, plus acupuncture, plus actual fertility treatment 💸💸💸💸

Post # 71
613 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

littleanchor :  good luck for your FET tomorrow! Fingers crossed for you.

goldenbrown :  I might go back to acupuncture nearer my IVF date but to a different one as I didn’t enjoy it at all. Most people find it relaxing but I found it painful and was just tense! 

Post # 72
324 posts
Helper bee

goldenbrown :  Thank you. Sorry to hear you also had a rough day on Friday! About accupunture – My insurance pays for 80% of my accupuncture but I’m quickly reaching my yearly limit. I had been going once a week but I’ll have to decrease it to twice a month once that happens I think. Twice a week is crazy! Hopefully insurance will cover most of it though. 

NicLE1218 :  I’m so sorry the IUI didn’t work. FX for one of the next two!! 

lucky_charm :  Thank you. 

littleanchor :  Good luck with your FET tomorrow!!

Post # 73
1309 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: City, State

So far itʻs looking anovulatory but hoping I O soon or else Iʻll be rolling over into July, scrapping June entirely ugh

Post # 74
142 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2017

AF started yesterday but I think I’ll have another June date. At our appt with the RE a few weeks ago he said we are most likely going to go straight to IVF. My husbands SA is today and my CD3 testing is tomorrow. Seems fitting with Handmaids Tale starting back up again tomorrow. Blessed be the fruit. 

Post # 75
762 posts
Busy bee

emapples :  I haven’t watched Handmaids Tale yet but really want too. Don’t know if that’s a good idea while dealing with IVF though lol. Hope the SA and CD3 come back positive. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors