June 2019 POAS- Infertility Edition (12+ Months and/or Seeking Active Treatment)

posted 3 months ago in TTC
Post # 91
256 posts
Helper bee

goldenbrown :  I’m so sorry. Thats so devastating. I haven’t done IVF so I don’t have much advice, but I hope you get to talk to the RE today or tomorrow. It seems weird that you would go from so many follicles to so few. 

EllyAnne :  I haven’t had one since I started charting. I truly have no idea if this is one or not, since my temps were so messed up while I was traveling. I’m at CD20 with cramping and spotting so it really could be anything at this point. I just have to wait it out. 

Post # 92
697 posts
Busy bee

cbn8787 :  Thanks. Yes seeing my actual RE tomorrow. Finally. The last two monitoring sonograms have been with different REs on the team. And I always feel so rushed with them like they are just rushing from patient to patient and don’t take the time to explain things. 

heartandstars :  Yeah, I know it’s so weird. I really don’t know what to make of it. The nurse today said that maybe the old RE clinic was counting “everything” even the tiny follicles that would never turn into eggs. Not sure what to make of that. I just thought IVF would be the answer and now I’m not so sure. I’ve been reading about natural IVF (no stims) being better for low/poor responders to stims. I just don’t know what to make of any of this. 

Post # 93
3272 posts
Sugar bee

I’ve been MIA for the last few weeks, now trying to catch up on where everyone here is at! πŸ™‚

goldenbrown :  I felt physically ill paying for our IVF cycle! Seeing that amount of money leave your account when you could wind up with nothing to show for it is awful!

littleanchor :  How did your FET go? I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you!

danakxox :  Sorry it’s looking anovulatory, there’s nothing more frustrating!

emapples :  I’m sorry AF showed πŸ™ When do you think you’ll be moving onto IVF?

mommadreams :  I am so sorry, that must have been absolutely devastating to hear. I hope you get some more answers at the next appointment. You’re allowed to be upset and feel defeated, infertility sucks. Take care of yourself.

cbn8787 :  I’m sorry you’re having a tough time this IUI round. I wonder if there’s any possibility of giving you something to pump up your lining if you choose to do another IUI? Or do injectibles help with that?

heartandstars :  Have you had anovulatory cycles prior to this while you’ve been charting? O limbo sucks, sorry you’re experiencing it!

goldenbrown :  Sorry you got bad news at your scan, how much do you lose if they cancel the cycle? Were you on suppression prior to the stims? IVF is such a stressful mindfuck, I hope you get better news at your next scan. I’m sure @tulipdazey had a similar experience with her first cycle, she changed doctors and had a much better result with the last round. We’ve done 2 cycles (IVF 1 = 1 embryo – failed FET, IVF 2 = zero embryos) with our current clinic and are now going to get a second and third opinion when we are ready to try IVF again, just incase our current doc is missing something the others pick up, and the fact the clinic seems unwillng to drastically change the protocols despite shitty results, like not allowing me to trigger wth HCG…

AFM 16dpo on my femara cycle, not really hopeful. I’ve been MIA because our house build is about to start, we’re building it ourselves so I’ve been busy organising everthing to start the foundations. I thought I had “decision fatigue” planning our wedding, but this is so much worse, I’m second guessing every decision I make and there are 10,000 more important ones to make :’)

Post # 94
697 posts
Busy bee

RaccoonKitty :  Congrats on starting the build! I don’t think I know anyone who has actually built there own house, so that’s really exciting since it’s all to your taste. Are you working with a design company or choosing everything yourself? Curious how that works.

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah I am just really at a loss here. We went into this as just a MFI and slight low but normal ish AMH case and now I’m a low responder to the stims. The nurse called me this afternoon. They upped my Menopur to 3 vials (225?) and started me on the cetrotide. This nurse was different from the one I spoke to this morning (the one who told me it might cancel). The afternoon nurse said that I might have to do my trigger shot on Sunday. So I don’t know what to think. I go in again tomorrow so I guess we’ll see what the RE says. Even if they can get 1 egg I’d consider this round successful. Not sure how much I get back if we cancel. Definitely $750 for the anesthesia and probably the bulk of the $15,600 since that includes retrieval, transfer, PDG, and ICSI. But on another thread I started about IVF, a bee mentioned that she too had low egg numbers and the RE wanted to cancel but she didn’t and ended up getting more eggs from that than her next round. So who knows. This whole thing is such a crapshoot. I wish we could just convert to an IUI but with dh’s sperm that’s not feasible. Ugh. Why won’t they let you trigger with HCG? I thought that was a pretty typical protocol. That’s what I’m triggering with Lupron and HCG. 

Post # 95
1400 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

danakxox :  I hope you don’t miss June POAS. Have you ovulated yet? 

Post # 96
1400 posts
Bumble bee

EllyAnne :  yes, I agree that it cannot possibly be a shock to know that you are fertile and got pregnant (my eyes can’t roll hard enough). Unless you had tied tubes or a vasectomy. 

mommadreams :  I’m so sorry for the news!!! Argh how is your husband taking it? Did you guys get the results of the centrifuged SA? 

cbn8787 :  I’m surprised your doctor used clomid instead of letrozole with a previous concern about lining! Hopefully the iui happens this weekend!

danakxox :  hope you have a good appt today! Let us know how it goes.  Why doesn’t your partner just go to his doctor to get a SA? I don’t see why they have to be the same insurance plan.  I’m so hoping your lining has thickened!

heartandstars :  anovulatory cycles are the worst. Andbthe spotting is odd, hopefully it’s just a fluke!

goldenbrown :  omg how discouraging! Are you on a different protocol or did you get sick with a fever since last time? I hope they have some answers for you, I have no idea what I’d do in your shoes πŸ™

Post # 97
1400 posts
Bumble bee

Just got caught up with everyone! I had a really great appt this week, currently at the hospital getting another slew of testing done. We are on track to go directly to ivf with hopes of starting in about a month! I would have my mock in about 4 weeks!

edit – 10 vials including pre op coags and blood type! This is starting to feel more real! 

Post # 98
256 posts
Helper bee

goldenbrown :  It’s so hard to know what the right answer is, or what the right thing to do is. Hopefully your doctor has some more answers for you – but I’m so sorry this is happening to you. 

RaccoonKitty :  Not since I’ve been charting! Which has only been 7 months I guess. I had the peak, and I had ovulation pain that day. I had a small sustained temp rise but FF says the cycle looks annovulatory. So I’m just wating it out I guess. 

Thats so exciting that you are starting your build! 

anev :  Thats great!! Possible spring baby alert!!! 

Post # 99
1307 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: City, State

anev :  im betting on anov still. Ill for sure let everyone know if there’s a dr update 

Post # 100
544 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2015 - Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel

Aw man! I wish I’d seen this board earlier. I just had my IVF retrieval a week ago and I have been really wishing I could talk to more people about it (since I feel like it has become our whole life with my husband so I am trying to talk about it less). The PGD clinic received our biopsies on Wednesday so we should have results by next Wednesday… I am so nervous! We have absolutely no more money for another round so this is it! 

goldenbrown :  I can’t remember if I told you this in another board but my first cycle I had a normal AMH level and AFC and the birth control that they put me on oversuppressed me to the extent that I only was able to get 3 mature eggs and I was also labelled a “poor responder”. On my second retrieval, I primed with estrogen instead and I got 23. 

I am still mad that I didn’t cancel my first cycle because I would have gotten all of my money back minus a $750 cancellation fee. 

Post # 101
99 posts
Worker bee

anev :  

centrifuged SA had same results, zero sperm

Four weeks is gonna fly by!!

Post # 102
142 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2017

RaccoonKitty :  We just did testing this week and have our follow-up appt on the 20th and should find out more about timeline then. Good luck with the house! I’m so indecisive I’m not sure if I could do the whole process by ourselves.  

Post # 103
697 posts
Busy bee

anev :  My protocol last time was natural IUI. I didn’t get sick in the months since though I have been going through A LOT of life/work stress beyond IVF. So maybe that’s the cause. I’m also 35 so maybe my fertility is rapidly declining? I really hope it’s not that. I asked my RE about it and he said that my scan for this round (9 AFC) was similar to the one he intially did for me in April (11 AFC). I’m hoping it’s just a crap month and not an indication of rapid decline. Good luck with starting IVF! 

MissKristi :  Welcome πŸ™‚ This board is the best. Yes you did mention the priming with estrogen. I’m going to see how this one goes. I saw my actual RE today at the monitoring and thank god I saw him! He said my follicles are a bit sluggish but they are picking up. He counted the 4 and possibly a 5th. The 4 all measured between 11 mm and 13 mm so not too bad. He wants me to stim through the weekend and then come back again Monday morning. I told him that one of the nurses mentioned canceling and he said “who told you that?” and seemed surprised. He said whoever said that to you yesterday was judging things way too early. Hope you get good results from your 23!

Also, just a mini rant: I am SO tired of friends telling me “just relax and it will happen”. If someone is undergoing IVF it’s a bit beyond just relaxing lol

Post # 104
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2016

m not sure if this is the right thread for me or not and I hope I don’t upset anyone or offend anyone who has been struggling longer. Here goes:

<div class=”text-holder” style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; max-height: 1000000px; border: 0px; overflow: hidden; caret-color: #464646; color: #464646; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%; background-position: 0px 0px;”>

ROLL CALL:

Your age/partner’s age: 30/29

Baby #: 1 (or 3 if you count the two I lost)

Cycles trying to conceive: 15

Ovulation or procedure date (and what kind): I start Clomid on Sunday, will likely ovulate on June 21 or 22  

POAS/beta day: June 30 or July 1

Known fertility issues: none known but suspected clotting issue  just had the recurrent loss panel done today and a SIS this week  

BFP plan (BD timing, supplements, charting, etc.): Clomid and baby aspirin?

Trying anything new this month? Baby aspirin and if a bfp lovonox possibly  

For fun- Do you have any summer vacations planned this year? Yep!! After two losses in six months, I booked an impulsive trip to a luxury Mexican resort with a private pool for two weeks from now during my TWW. Woo!

</div>

Post # 105
3272 posts
Sugar bee

goldenbrown :  I’ve found IVF to be the most frustrating thing. I went in as a healthy 31year old  with one tube and PCO and our doctor kind of assumed we’d be an “easy” case (way to get our hopes up πŸ™„), and now all the nurses act surprised when we’ve wound up with ONE single embryo from 33 eggs over 2 rounds of IVF! I’m so angry with our clinic that we haven’t even had a WTF appointment for our last round yet. I’m mostly angry that our clinic boasts about having 0% OHSS rate since 2008, because they dont use HCG triggers. For both rounds I’ve had not-so-good maturity rates (7/17 & 9/16) and i truly believe triggering with lupron AND HCG could help with that, but I’m betting they won’t allow it to keep their stupid no ohss record πŸ™„… that’s one reason we’ll consider a different clinic next time. Also the fact our current clinic ONLY DOES ICSI which is for MFI (which Darling Husband doesn’t have), so they don’t allow any of my immature eggs to mature and possibly fertilize overnight either, which would probably give us a much better number of fertilized eggs! Sorry for that long rant πŸ˜‚

It sucks making decisions with IVF because there’s always the “what if we had of done this” question lingering in the back of your mind…. From my personal experience, if this round ends up being a bust (I sincerely hope it’s not!!! 🀞🀞🀞) get a second opinion elsewhere if possible,  i honestly wish we had of before doing our second cycle because the outcome was even worse and we’re clearly not the easy case our doc thought we’d be…

My dad is nuts and has built two houses himself, and this will be #3 for him. We’ve designed everything from scratch ourselves – the floorplan, kitchen, absolutely everything. Its the small details that bug me the most and D.H and i are both perfectionists, so the finishing touches will be a nightmare πŸ˜‚ but its worth it because we’ll get exactly what we want/need for half the price.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors