June 2019 POAS- Infertility Edition (12+ Months and/or Seeking Active Treatment)

posted 6 months ago in TTC
Post # 106
1620 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

MissKristi :  welcome! This is definitely a good place to hang out and blow off some steam. I agree it takes over your life but it’s not the only thing you want to talk to your husband about (but the only thing on your mind!). You got 23 eggs!!!! How many blasts were biopsied for pgd screening??

mommadreams :  argh I’m so sorry for you guys. Is your doc thinking a tese might find some? Has your husband got any blood work results (sorry if you wrote that above, I missed a lot and trying to catch up!)

goldenbrown :  are you in the USA? Is your FSH normal? I hope those little eggs grow over the weekend! The contradictory information you have gotten the last few days is really misleading (“counted allbthe primordial follicles” wtf??).

shadesofsade :  welcome! You certainly fit the criteria of our crappy infertility club :). Sorry for your losses. Have you had other blood tests done beyond the RPL panel? Thyroid? Scan to make sure no retained tissues? Mexico sounds amazing!! I would love a trip right now but our RE will not treat anyone who’s been to Zika countries (and also blowing the budget with ivf). 

RaccoonKitty :  yeah your case is super frustrating and I can’t belive they haven’t done the wtf appt yet! Their rigid protocols are for their clinic stats (where apparently achieving pregnancy is not the one they are aiming for??). When do you think you’d consider another opinion elsewhere?

Post # 107
762 posts
Busy bee

shadesofsade :  Welcome to our not so great party! And sorry you have to be here. Very sorry to hear about your losses. Mexico sounds amazing! Which part are you going to? I absolutely love Mexico. 

RaccoonKitty :  It really is isn’t! Seemingly healthy people become complex medical cases. That’s weird your clinic only does ICSI. We had to pay extra for ICSI at our clinic as they only do it for MFI cases. Definitely get a second opinion! Are you in an area with a lot of clinics to choose from?

anev :  Yes, I’m in the US. I’m trying to look up my FSH from the records I have but can’t find it and don’t remember what they originally told me since it was normal or at least not of concern. But good idea to double check. Yeah, I really don’t understand at all. I told the RE about what that nurse said and he implied that she was totally out of line. 

Post # 108
1620 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

goldenbrown :  from what I’ve read the biggest indicators or ovarian response are amh, fsh and afc. Are you on any supplements like vitc/d, ubiquinol and nac? They may help with quality but not sure if anything helps with actual stimming aside from the usual taking care of your body. I hope you have a really good ultrasound on Monday and hopeful for some good news!

Post # 109
762 posts
Busy bee

anev :  Yup, I’m taking everything ubiquinol coq10, prenatal, emergen-c, l-arginine, resveratrol, melatonin, d-3, no sugar diet, low carbs, no alcohol, no caffeine, no food with food coloring, stopped using plastic, stopped using makeup, stopped using perfume or anything with fragrance, etc. Hoping for some good news too! Thanks! 

Post # 110
613 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

EllyAnne :  that’s tough having all of those pregnancy announcements recently. One friend just had her 2nd baby and I’m going to my best friends baby’s first birthday soon. I can’t really skip it as they really want us there but will plan a nice dinner with Darling Husband for after.

mommadreams :  so sorry about your DH’s SA results. Hope the next SA goes better for you.

cbn8787 :  sorry to hear about the discouraging results in relation to your IUI. There’s still a chance though, FX for you!

danakxox :  do you have a date for your wedding? Hope your tests come back with the results you want.

heartandstars :  ugh I hate weird anovulatory cycles. Hope it’s over soon and on to the next one which will hopefully be more predictable!

NicLE1218 :  I’m the same with the handmaids tale. Subject matter just too close for comfort. Hope all goes well at your US on the 15th.

goldenbrown :  so sorry to hear that πŸ™ so upsetting and frustrating, I can’t even imagine. Glad your RE had some better news.

anev :  that’s so soon! Excited for you to get started, hope it will go well for you.

MissKristi :  Welcome! Glad you have found us now, this board is very supportive.

shadesofsade :  Welcome! Luxury Mexican resort sounds amazing! Hope you have a fantastic time πŸ™‚

AFM not much to report, Ava temps appear to have confirmed O on CD13 and now 5dpo. We BD 3 days pre O and day of O which isn’t the best timing but we’ll see!

Post # 111
1309 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: City, State

lucky_charm :  we’re debating a quick secret ceremony in like the next 8mos or a big destination wedding to Belize in the next couple years. This is my 2nd but his first so i kinda want him to decide as i already got the big wedding once, i just want him idc id marry him today lol 

Obgyn appt was Friday. She gave me medroxy for 6mos to help thicken my lining and regulate. Im super excited to start after my trips (wouldn’t wanna O away from him and waste a cycle!) and she agreed to start whenever. Right now im going on cd36 with no crosshairs yet so im just riding this one out 🀷‍♀️ i leave Friday with my parents for a cruise 

Post # 112
99 posts
Worker bee

anev :  

next week we find out bloodwork results and if we have the option of doing a TESE or what our possible next steps will be (medication, genetic testing, etc).

after the second SA came back to Zero, even after being spun down, I wasn’t really surprised. Just hoping for the best with the blood work and it’s a fixable issue. If not, no clue what we will do.

Post # 113
234 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

RaccoonKitty :  Congrats on the build! That sounds like a ton of work but awesome that you get to have all this control too.

anev :  So glad you had a good appointment and they’re moving along so quickly!

MissKristi :  Welcome, hope this round does the trick for you!

shadesofsade :  Welcome! Hope Clomid works for you. Sorry you have to be here, but hope you really enjoy Mexico!

danakxox :  Glad you were able to get some new medicine. Hope this helps your issues and you get a BFP!

mommadreams :  FX they find an easily fixable issue. So sorry you’re going through this!

AFM, the IUI actually went better than I expected. I went in for another U/S Friday and my follices were at 30 and 25, so they triggered me there and then I went in Saturday morning for the IUI. When they did it, I had already ovulated the bigger one, so we’ll see. My RE seemed pretty positive, but I know IUI doesn’t have a great success rate and we already had one failed one. Darling Husband was a mess this time around – he had to give his sample really early in the morning so he was all stressed out about it and then it looked like it was a pretty small sample so he was really anxious, but overall the RE transferred 31 million sperm, so it ended up not being too bad. I’m feeling a little discomfort in my ovaries still, not sure if that is the higher dose of Clomid, big follices, or trigger shot (we didn’t do one last time), but hopefully it will go away soon.

Post # 114
1309 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: City, State

cbn8787 :  ty!! Im so excited for you 🀞🀞🀞🀞🀞

Post # 115
3305 posts
Sugar bee

goldenbrown :  There’s only one other clinic in our city (we live in a regional city of about 100k people), but we’re not opposed to going to the capital for a third opinion since a third cycle would probably be our last.

Sorry if i missed anything, do you have an update on your cycle?

anev :  We haven’t had our WTF appt mostly because I was mad, but we also haven’t had it because it means more time off for D.H! Argh! I don’t think we’ll be looking to try IVF again for at least another year, we both want a break.

AFM rolling over,  AF has arrived. I’m happy my LP was only 18 days this time on femara.

Post # 116
3305 posts
Sugar bee

Typical CD1 pregnancy announcement. Except it’s worse than usual. My sister who has hurt me the most by saying really shitty comments about my infertility is pregnant. We haven’t spoken for months. She has barely even been exclusive with her boyfriend for a year… Not to mention she basically freaked out that she’d be infertile because I can’t get pregnant, and that’s why she started TTC. I can’t roll my eyes enough. She has a kid from a previous relationship and rushed into that too…. UGH. I had a good cry tonight πŸ™

Post # 117
240 posts
Helper bee

Hey all!  so wow, i went to the regular June POAS and I didnt recognize anyone (except for OP who I remember was pregnant when I first started)…sigh still here, still nothing.  

Baby #: 1

Cycles TTC: 12+ months (18 months since first starting, some timing gaps in between)

Current CD/DPO: DPO 7

Usual Cycle Length: 26-28 days

Ovulation or procedure date (and what kind): june 3 O-day

POAS/beta day: June 16

Known fertility issues: age (40+), low AMH, FSH 10, possibly one tube or one ovary (this one is new! need follow up testing)

BFP plan (BD timing, supplements, charting, etc.):  supplements, looking at HSG in the coming month

Trying anything new this month? trying to take care of myself more

For fun- Do you have any summer vacations planned this year? ha, work work work! 

Post # 118
240 posts
Helper bee

Its been a few months….good to read up on your journeys, and looking foward to being back. We started trying the year before we got married, so now that we are married for 6+mo, I am starting to feel the pressure all around from people, family etc.  I am glad we started early when no one knew, but now its like EVERYONE is watching my belly.  Is it growing? Is she pregnant?  The other day one of my mom’s friend who I hadnt seen in a long time hugged but kept her one hand on my belly! Who does that?  Yes lady you are grabbing fat there. There is nothing else, just fat.    

Sorry had to vent!

Post # 119
3305 posts
Sugar bee

latebloomerbee78 :  That pressure, knowing people are eyeballing your belly is the worst. It’s really bad that the only way we got people to STOP with that and the questions was to actually come out publicly and tell people we are infertile.

Post # 120
762 posts
Busy bee

RaccoonKitty :  I’m so sorry, bee. CD1 announcements are the worst. And how terrible of her to fling your experience back in your face like that. Just because your sisters doesn’t mean what affects you will affect her. What selfish thinking on her part. HUGS. I’m really starting to believe that only those who actually go through infertiliy really understand what it’s like. Otherwise folks are totally clueless. I’ve tried to tune those people out, but it’s so so hard. 

latebloomerbee78 :  Welcome back and sorry you have to be here. People’s expectations and belly watching are the worst! Everyone just acts like it’s the easiest thing in the world to get pregnant. I also hate the “oh she got a glass of water instead of a drink…she must be pregnant!” responses. 

AFM, Day 10 of stims. Went in this morning and they think I might trigger tonight. Will get a call from the nurse after 2pm to know for sure. Had to prep Dh that he’ll need to give me the hCG shot to the tush. He seemed nervous lol. Slightly good news: the 2 follicles on my right side are nice and big, and on the left I have 2 big ones with a medium sized 3rd and some possible smaller ones that showed up out of nowhere! The Dr said they are small but they’d retrieve them too just in case. At this point I’ll take whatever I can get! 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors