June 2019 POAS

posted 5 months ago in TTC
Post # 361
140 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: City, State

stellate23 :  Today is CD14. I poas this morning and LH was still low. I’m suspecting that I have a short LP which would make sense that I haven’t ovulated yet. I thought I maybe felt a little bit of ovulation pain earlier today, but I can’t tell if it’s in my head or real just yet. 

Post # 362
4245 posts
Honey bee

stellate23 :  Honestly, I will probably POAS evey day now until my period, haha. I’m just using the cheapies though. If my period is late or if I see something on a cheap one, I’ll use a FRER. 

Still feeling just a persistant, slight nausea and experiencing a fair amount of milky CM. 

Post # 363
459 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Ughhhh you’d think that after TWENTY TWO CYCLES I would know better than to POAS every day and make myself squint. But… I feel like I may possibly have the slightest shadow of a line starting. I’m so anxious!!

Post # 364
171 posts
Blushing bee

lovelola214 :  Ah, that makes sense. Hopefully that ovulation pain was real for you, and you get a nice healthy luteal phase this month.

ClaudiaKishi :  Haha sure, I guess that’s what the cheapies are for. Good luck!

future_mrs_s :  Oooh exciting! How’s that shadow of a line progressing?  Wishing the best for you.

As for me, on CD 29 now.. which feels like forever since my cycles are always 26 days. It doesn’t help that my thermometer has become wonky around the same time that my body is re-adjusting after a MC, so I have no idea what’s going on. I was cramping Friday and Saturday, but still no AF. Fertility Friend advanced mode doesn’t detect ovulation, but FAM detector puts crosshairs at CD24, but of course none of that matters since this thermometer can’t be relied on. All I can do is keep waiting, but ugh it’s hard. Thanks for letting me vent, ladies. Hopefully I’ll get to POAS eventually.

Post # 365
4245 posts
Honey bee

stellate23 :  Good luck!

So I POAS this morning and saw….something? IDK. Could totally be the indent line shadow but could also be the beginning of a line? I’m 9DPO (or 8, since I’m not 100% which day I O’d) so I wouldn’t expect a strong line. With my daughter, it was 10/11 DPO before I even saw a hint of anything. Same “symptoms” are persisting- slight nausea, CM, and maybe some tiny cramps that could also be gastro related lol. I have one FRER at my disposal and am so tempted to take it but I think I should wait a few more days. I can always buy more but I feel like I should at least have a stronger line before I “waste” this one. 

What’s more sensitive, the cheapies (I use [email protected] sticks) or a FRER?

Post # 366
459 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

ClaudiaKishi :  I honestly think it depends… for me, the shadows show up on a cheapie first (but maybe they’re just more prone to have indent/Evaps??) but they don’t look like a true LINE until I use a frer. Crossing everything for you!! Post a pic!!

AFM, I got a second line on a frer this morning!!! It is SO faint, but yesterday I “felt” like I saw something but couldn’t get it on camera, and I almost didn’t test this morning but I’m SO GLAD that I did! It’s definitely still a squinter in photos but I can definitely see it easily in person so I’m counting it! It’s such a crazy feeling to have seen stark white tests for two years, and to feel like I was trying to convince myself to have line eye, and then to finally have something that I don’t even have to try to see. I can’t even believe it. 

Here’s my super squinter but definitely a faint positive. I’m a weepy mess. 

Post # 367
171 posts
Blushing bee

future_mrs_s :  oh yeah I definitely see it in the photo; no squinting needed! Congratulations!! That must be especially amazing after a 2 year wait! 🙂

Post # 368
4245 posts
Honey bee

future_mrs_s :  Ok, so keep in mind I’m 9DPO so these lines are pretty faint.

On the cheapie there is definitely SOMETHING but you can’t really even see it in this photo:

BUT I knew there was something there. After I posted earlier, I was like- why not try the FRER? It’s fathers day so it would be cool to give my husband a positive test, if I had one. I think I was mostly just afraid there would be nothing and I would have gotten my hopes up for nothing BUT I tried it aaaaand:

And then I turned up the contrast, just so you can see it better. Lines always photograph way lighter than real life. It’s still pretty faint but I’m going to keep peeing on them for a few days and hopefully it darkens!

Post # 370
38 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2016

I’m out this month. Onto July.

Congratulations everyone with their BFPs!! 

Post # 371
313 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

14 DPO and look what popped up on a cheapie tonight! I honestly can’t believe it- I’ve been having AF-like cramps for a couple of days, and was sure she would arrive today. I’m in shock and refuse to believe it until I take a FRER later tonight or tomorrow morning! Any recommendations on how long of a hold I should do before taking the FRER? Thanks ladies! 

Post # 372
292 posts
Helper bee

peacebethejourney : congrats! That’s a pretty solid positive and at 14DPO doesn’t really matter if it’s a FRER or not I’d say. Wishing you a sticky bean and a happy and smooth 9 months!   

Post # 373
1585 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2018 - Location

ClaudiaKishi : An FRER is much more sensitive at 6.3 mIU/mL versus 25 mIU/mL for the [email protected]/Wondfo tests from Amazon. 

I tested at 9dpo with FMU on a cheapie and got a BFN, not even a squinter of a line. I had a feeling I was pregnant so I tested again that afternoon with an FRER and it was blazing positive, two dark lines popped up instantly! I’ve been testing daily since and my cheapies didn’t show a line until like 12DPO!

so, you should try the FRER tomorrow morning 🙂  

Post # 374
313 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

Couldn’t sleep last night, so I got up and broke open the package of “non-88 cent Walmart cheapies”. No denying it now! 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors